Cabbage cutlets belong to the category of lenten dishes. Usually they are prepared if there are any difficulties with the body, and you need to sit on a diet. Also, the dish is popular with those who observe the posts. But there is still a category of people who are not related to the first or the second – vegetarians. It’s harder for others to diversify their diets without meat, dairy products, and poultry..
During the preparation of ordinary meatballs, we use an egg to make mincemeat, while in the lean, flour, small oatmeal or semolina serve as a substitute. Be sure to add mince to seasoning and spices so that the vegetable dish is not bland and has a savory taste. The main advantage is the absolute advantage of all products that make up. You can experiment with them, and most importantly – do not be afraid.
|Cabbage –||1 head|
|Carrot –||2 pcs.|
|Bow –||1 PC.|
|Flour –||3 tbsp. l.|
|Vegetable oil –||4 tbsp. l.|
|Seasoning for vegetables –||packaging|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 96 Kcal|
With cabbage, remove the leaves of the upper layer, cut off black spots or charms. Cut a vegetable into several pieces with a large chef’s knife, remove the stalk from the middle, immerse it in boiling water and pass for ten minutes.
The remaining vegetables are peeled, randomly chopped into pieces. We take the cabbage out of the water and let it cool a little..
Install the grinder and skip through it all prepared products.
Add flour, salt and seasoning. All carefully mix and sculpt small semi-finished products with wet palms..
Heat the butter in a pan, roll the patties in breading and fry on all sides for about five minutes. Fresh greens and garlic can be added to the mince, but this is optional..
How to cook meatballs cabbage with semolina
- Cabbage – 650 g;
- Salt, spices – to taste;
- Semolina – 150 g;
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp. l;
- Mushrooms – 150 g;
- Garlic – 2 cloves;
- Flour – 3 tbsp. l.
Preparation: 45 minutes.
Caloric content: 123 Kcal / 100 g.
For cooking meatballs it is better to use the cabbage of last year’s harvest. Chop the vegetable into pieces and chop it into a food processor. The smaller the fraction, the more juice the cabbage will make and the easier it will be to form a semi-finished product. Chopped cabbage is not suitable for this recipe: it will be hard enough to sculpt. Therefore, if you do not have modern technical means, you can use the academic option – float.
Wash my mushrooms and dry, fry in butter, stirring occasionally for ten minutes. When they have cooled down, put them in the minced vegetables together with the garlic and semolina passed through the press. Hand mix well the whole mass. Dip in flour and fry in hot oil until crisp.
Put the cutlets in layers in an aluminum pan, peremazhte each homemade ketchup, add parsley or rosemary sprigs and stew for fifteen minutes, pouring one glass of water.
Lenten cauliflower patties
The basis of this dish is cauliflower and white onions. Instead of eggs, semolina is surely added so that the semi-finished products keep their shape and do not fall apart. To make a dietary meal, the frying process must be replaced by steaming in a double boiler..
- Cauliflower – 1 kg;
- Salt, seasonings – to taste;
- Manka – 4 tbsp. l .;
- Onions – 2 pcs .;
- Cilantro – bundle;
- Breading – 100 g.
Preparation: 55 minutes.
Caloric content: 87 Kcal / 100 g.
We cut the cabbage and rinse it in warm water with a little addition of table vinegar to neutralize the possible parasites between the inflorescences. Spray the water and when it starts to boil, immerse the vegetable for three to four minutes, not longer, otherwise it will turn into a mess.
Onions cleaned and shred half rings. We shift the prepared products in a blender and interrupt the immersion nozzle in mashed potatoes.
Cilantro washed and crushed with a fillet knife, put in vegetable mince, add salt, seasonings and carefully mix. Pour water into a double boiler. Sculpt the burgers, roll in breadcrumbs and lay out at a distance on special tiers of a double boiler. Turn on the appliance and cook for thirty minutes.
- Before forming cabbage cutlets, wet your palms in cold water;
- The amount of flour may slightly increase, depending on the consistency of minced meat. If you get watery cabbage, then, respectively, and more flour is needed so that the blanks do not float in the pan;
- In the cutlets you can add not only the usual onions or carrots, but also zucchini or eggplant;
- This dish is prepared not only by steaming or frying in a pan, you can also bake in an electric oven by placing vegetable mince in silicone or metal molds. Just be sure to pre-coat with oil or sandwich;
- During the cabbage passering, make sure that it is not digested and turned into a porridge, otherwise the dish will not work;
- If during the formation of semi-finished products more liquid is released, squeeze the mince thoroughly and dip the cutlets in breading twice;
- The dish is very delicate, so when turning, use not a fork, but a wooden spatula, so as not to damage the shape;
- When adding the semolina, mix it well so that no lumps form;
- Breading and flour can be replaced with oat bran, flax or sesame seeds;
- When frying, use a small amount of oil, as it is quickly absorbed, the cutlets become soft and this makes it difficult to turn over further;
- Potato starch has excellent bonding properties and can be used with flour.
Cook tasty and with soul! Enjoy your meal!