Fish caviar (red or black) most often appears on festive tables because of its high cost. But many housewives do not know that caviar of river and sea fish, not related to delicacies, is not inferior to them in terms of the usefulness of the composition..
So it turns out that after gutting a purchased fish, caviar is sent to the trash bin along with guts, and in fact it can become the main ingredient for a very tasty dish – cutlets of caviar.
The benefits and harm of fish caviar
Each small egg is a microcontainer with substances useful to the human body. First of all, it is over 30% of protein, able to be easily digested in just one hour. Up to 13% by weight of the product are healthy fats, similar to fish oil. Also in the round embryos of fish in excess polyunsaturated acids, folic acid, zinc, iron, phosphorus, potassium, vitamins (A, B. C, D).
Taking into account the full benefits of the product, doctors often recommend eating caviar to people with low hemoglobin levels, varicose veins, diseases of the cardiovascular system, low immunity and other.
But fish eggs can also be harmful if it is not about regular metered consumption, but about one-time gluttony. Also, be careful about this product to people with a tendency to allergic reactions, kidney disease and gastrointestinal tract, obesity.
|carp roe –||600 g|
|onion bulb –||200 g|
|semolina –||100 g|
|eggs –||2 pcs.|
|salt, herbs and spices –||taste|
|vegetable oil –||for frying|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 183 Kcal|
Carp is a fairly common river fish, so it is not difficult to buy its caviar in the fish store, and caviar can also be a bonus in live fish purchased. From it and several other ingredients available, you can easily create a very tasty treat, which is also called ikryanikami.
Step by step preparation:
- Remove the films from the calf, put it in a sieve and rinse it under running water, then transfer it to a suitable vessel;
- After that, add to the main ingredient semolina, raw eggs, passed through a coarse grater or chopped rather finely onions. Season everything with salt and spices. Also, along with salt and spices, you can add finely chopped fresh greens;
- Mix well, beating a little, and set aside for 15-20 minutes to stand, so that the mixture becomes more uniform and fluffy;
- Ready minced meat resembles dough for fritters by consistency, so it is spread on a pan with hot oil with a tablespoon. It is necessary to fry meatballs on both sides, taking into account that they are cooked much faster than from meat;
- Serve the finished dish with sour cream and herbs, you can also combine it with a vegetable garnish.
Carp caviar cutlets
If a carp caught on a fishing trip or acquired in a shop turned out to be filled with small red eggs, the eggs are the most delicious way to cook them. They can be cooked in the same way as from carp caviar, and you can complicate the recipe a little by stewing them in the oven with tomato sauce.
For meatballs and sauce will need:
- 600 g of carp caviar;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 100 g of white bread crumb (can be replaced with breadcrumbs);
- 150 g onions;
- salt, lemon juice and pepper to taste;
- 50 g of tomato paste;
- 30 g of dill;
- 10 g of flour;
- 15 g sugar;
- 200 ml of broth or water;
- vegetable oil in proportion to the size of the pan.
Cooking juicy caviar in tomato sauce will take approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes..
Caloric content of the finished dish – 158.0 kcal per 100 g.
- Freed caviar from films and wash, then add to it raw eggs, bread crumb or crackers, chopped fresh greens, a little lemon juice for juiciness, salt and spices;
- After thorough mixing and 10-15 minutes of rest, caviar dough will be ready. Its thickness should be the same as that of sour cream;
- Spreading a tablespoon of the mass in the pan, fry the patties, pancakes in vegetable oil, browning each side;
- For the sauce in vegetable oil, fry the onion to a beautiful caramel color, then add flour and stir, add tomato paste, diluted with broth or water, add sugar and pepper to taste. Give a little simmer and the sauce is ready;
- Fry the chops spread out on a baking sheet not close to each other and pour over tomato sauce. Send a baking tray a quarter of an hour in the oven at 200 degrees. Can be served without garnish, just sprinkled with herbs.
Pollock roe cutlets with mashed potatoes
Mashed potatoes remain the undisputed favorite among the side dishes for fish caviar cutlets, but this product can also act as one of the ingredients of the caviar. For this version of the dish, you can choose the caviar of any fish or take, as in this case, the Pollock.
Products that will be needed:
- 500 g of pollock roe;
- 500 g medium potato tubers;
- 200 ml of milk;
- 50 g butter;
- 30 grams of greens (parsley, dill);
- 125 g breadcrumbs;
- 1 chicken egg;
- salt to taste;
- 100 ml of vegetable oil.
The total time spent on cooking – 1.5 hours.
The energy and nutritional value of 100 grams of minced caviar cutlets with mashed potatoes will be 167.2 kilocalories.
- Potato tubers boil until cooked and knead in a puree with butter and milk;
- Prepared pollock roe mixed with potato paste and chopped greens, adjust the taste for salt and spices;
- From the resulting mass to form the patties, each first dipped in a beaten egg, and then roll in breadcrumbs;
- Send billet for 30 minutes in the refrigerator, then fry on each side in a sufficient amount of oil to golden beautiful and appetizing crust.
River Fish Caviar Cutlets
For juiciness of caviar cutlets, greens and onions are added to them, but there is another product that does a good job of this task and can add new flavor notes to the finished burgers. This ingredient is sauerkraut..
For the caviar of river fish with sauerkraut, you must take:
- 500 g of caviar of river fish (carp, crucian carp, perch or other);
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 50 g onion turnips;
- 50 grams of sauerkraut;
- 100 g of green onions;
- 100 grams of wheat flour;
- 100 ml of vegetable oil;
- salt to taste.
The time spent on cooking dishes will be from 60 to 85 minutes.
Nutritional value of 100 grams of ready-made caviar cutlets – 196 kilocalories.
- Washed caviar rub through a sieve to release from the films;
- Place onions and sauerkraut in a blender bowl and grind to a homogeneous slurry;
- Mix together the caviar, cabbage-onion paste, eggs, chopped very finely green onions and wheat flour to make a dough, as for fritters;
- On heated vegetable oil, fry the spoon-shaped patties on both sides until a beautiful caramel crust.
Cod Caviar Cutlets Recipe
If in the previous recipes, the chops were more like pancakes, then this recipe is more like lush and very tasty donuts. Another feature of the recipe is that caviar is used for it canned.
This dish will require the following products:
- 120 g canned cod roe;
- 100 g of boiled potatoes;
- 50 g of hard cheese;
- 80 g of semolina;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 30 grams of flour;
- 30 g of dill;
- 30 g sour cream;
- 5 g of soda;
- salt to taste;
- cooking oil for frying.
Cooking time – 60 minutes.
The calorie content per 100 g will be 266.4 kcal.
- Mash caviar, add egg to it, semolina. Beat all with a fork and let the mass stand for a bit so that the bank can swell up well (from 15 minutes);
- After this time, add mashed potatoes, hard cheese, chopped dill, flour, sour cream, soda and salt into the mass. Stir everything thoroughly, the resulting mass will be slightly thicker than for pancakes;
- Hands to form balls of caviar dough and fry them in a sufficient amount of vegetable oil;
- Finished cutlets can be served with a sauce, for which you can mix mayonnaise, adjika, grated salted cucumber and a few drops of lemon juice to taste.
Tricks of experienced chefs
To get rid of a possible infection hidden in fish roe, it is better to freeze it at a temperature of -17 degrees for three days, and after that start cooking ikryanikov.
For more caviar dough, it adds semolina to it, but with it the finished product is often quite tough. To prevent this from happening, you can soak the semolina in hot water for some time..
If there was no semolina at home, wheat flour or starch will perfectly replace it. With them, caviar cutlets are even much more tender..