It would seem that difficult to cook rice? But how to do it right, and even in the microwave? So that it does not stick, does not stick together and is crumbly? As it turned out, there are many nuances!
Many dishes are prepared from rice: porridge, rice, risotto, casseroles, it is used in cooking soups, main dishes, rolls and sushi. And each dish requires a certain type of rice (steamed, long, brown, etc.), as well as a certain consistency..
However, despite the different methods of cooking this cereal and the final result, the process of preparing rice is always the same:
- The croup is sorted out. This is done with any cereal, because in the process of its collection and preparation it can get trash, waste or simply low-quality grains;
- After removing all waste and bad grains, the croup is washed: first with cold water, then warm and so several times, gradually increasing the temperature of the water. This is necessary in order to wash off the dirt and remove excess starch;
- Pure rice is soaked in cold water for a while (from 30 minutes to several hours);
- The last stage is washing the grits and removing excess moisture using a sieve..
Many housewives skip half of these actions, and then wonder, “Why does rice turn out to be tasteless?”. These seemingly unnecessary actions ensure the correct processing of the cereals and, as a result, a tasty final product..
|rice cereal –||1 st.|
|water –||2 st.|
|Time for preparing: 20 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 116 Kcal|
To cook dishes in the microwave, you must have the correct dishes – glass with a lid, without metal parts and patterns. But in general, the process is no different from the usual cooking rice cereal on the stove.
How to cook crumbly rice in the microwave:
- The very process of cooking rice and the amount of water primarily depends on the variety of cereals and the desired end result. If you want crumbly rice, then water must be taken strictly 2 times more, if you want sticky porridge – a little more;
- Wash rice and put in a glass form;
- Salt to taste;
- Add water;
- Cooked porridge 10 minutes at maximum power (about 700-800 W);
- During this time, about half of the water is evaporated, so after the time has elapsed, the grits should be mixed well and continue to boil for the same amount of time, but with a power of 240 W;
- After the beep, you need to get the capacity and put the rice on the plate. Crumbly grits ready!
Rice in the package: cook in the microwave
On the shelves of shops you can often find instant cereal in sachets. Each packet is usually 100 grams of cereal, which is a 1 portion. Cooking rice in packets is also possible in the microwave..
- hot water – 3 tbsp .;
- rice groats – 1 package;
- salt – 0.5 tsp;
- butter – 1 tbsp. l.
How much to cook rice in the microwave in the package – 20 minutes.
Caloric content: 110 kcal.
How to cook:
- Put the bag in a non-metallic dish that is suitable for a microwave oven;
- A bag full of boiling water;
- Throw salt into the water;
- Send the dishes to the microwave and set the maximum power (about 800 W);
- Cook the cereal for 15 – 17 minutes;
- Take the bags out of the water and let them flow;
- Carefully cut the plastic packaging, put the rice on a plate and add butter to it.
Rice recipe for sushi and rolls
Rice for Japanese dishes requires sticky, which adheres well. Crumbly grains will not work in any way, so you should know how to cook sticky rice. Instead of a stove, you can use a microwave so that the grits are exactly as desired..
- special rice for rolls – 1 tbsp .;
- vinegar – 2 tbsp. l;
- salt – ½ tsp;
- broth – 1.5 st.
Time spent: 50 minutes.
Caloric content: 83 kcal.
- Krupa carefully bust;
- Rinse it with cold water from the tap to clear the water;
- Fully fill with cold water and insist thirty to forty minutes;
- Rice should be saturated with water and swell;
- After the allotted time, pour the cereal into a special dish for cooking and pour over the broth;
- Boil for 7 minutes at 750 watts;
- Stir every 2 minutes during cooking;
- Vinegar and salt mix;
- Stir rice with vinegar and let it cool..
How to cook rice with vegetables in the microwave
Any diet contains in the proposed diet a dish that consists of cereals and vegetables. Rice with vegetables is a nutritious dish that gives the body the necessary healthy carbohydrates and trace elements and vitamins from vegetables. Cooking is quick and easy if you use a microwave instead of a stove..
- round grain rice – 1.5 st .;
- vegetable oil – ¼ st .;
- celery – half whole;
- large carrot;
- Tomato – 1 pc .;
Cooking time: 25 minutes.
Caloric content: 159 kcal.
Step-by-step algorithm of actions:
- Drain well-washed rice for 1 hour;
- In a special pan for the microwave to pour oil;
- Peel the vegetables and chop finely. How to cut (straw, dice, rings) – it does not matter, the main thing is thin;
- Toss the vegetables into the pan and fry for 3 minutes in the microwave at maximum power. Throw washed cereals at them;
- Pour all the water so that it covers rice for 1 cm;
- At a power of 650 W to hold the dish for about 10 minutes;
- After take out, mix, add spices, if necessary, and continue to cook on a power of 800 W for 5 minutes;
- If desired, vegetables can be replaced with fruits and dried fruits, and cook sweet rice porridge.
Puffed rice at home
Puffed rice is hot and oversized rice in size. It is often found in sweets, so it will be useful for parents to know the recipe of such goodies in order to prepare it for children at home..
- Popped rice (for quick breakfasts) – 0.3 kg;
- sunflower and butter – 1 tbsp. l;
- marshmallow – 2-3 pieces.
Cooking time: 2 hours.
How to cook popped rice at home in the microwave:
- Square dish fluff oil;
- Marshmallow (cut into small pieces) mix with butter in another container and send in the microwave for 2 minutes (700-800 W);
- In the process of cooking several times stir the marshmallow mass;
- Add popped rice to marshmallow and mix well;
- Put on a baking sheet and smooth out;
- Allow to cool for 2 hours and then cut the mass into small squares and eat.
Recommendations for cooking different varieties
Different types of rice are prepared in different ways, since the structure of the rice grain varies from grade to grade and requires a specific approach:
- Long grain – cook it should be observing a proportion of 1: 1, i.e. a glass of cereal needs a glass of liquid;
- Middle-grained – it tends to stick together, therefore, requires more more water. To make it beautiful and tasty, it is slightly undercooked;
- Round grain – it is boiled in a ratio of 1: 2 and used in cereals, because it comes out sticky and sticky;
- Brown rice cooked for about half an hour in a ratio of 1: 3 with water.
When choosing cereals, one should become familiar with the structure and methods of preparation of a particular variety, so that the dish turns out to be nutritious, attractive in appearance and tasty..