Shurpa is a national dish of oriental cooking. What does it represent? This is a thick rich soup, which is usually prepared from large pieces of young mutton and a lot of fresh greens. The dish is incredibly tasty and aromatic, but at the same time very calorie.
This may be the reason for the refusal to enjoy such a famous soup. That is why we bring to your attention the recipes for this wonderful first dish in the dietary version of cooking, namely, with chicken meat. Do not deny yourself the pleasure!
Shurpa cooked with chicken turns out to be less calorie, but no less tasty, because besides replacing lamb meat with chicken meat, the recipe remains traditional.
|chicken carcass –||1 PC.|
|potato tubers –||4 things.|
|carrot root –||2 pcs.|
|fresh tomato –||2 pcs.|
|Red onion –||1 PC.|
|sweet pepper paprika –||1 PC.|
|fresh parsley –||½ bunch|
|flour –||20 g|
|Mutton horn pepper –||1 PC|
|table salt –||taste|
|wine vinegar –||50 ml|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 37 Kcal|
Cooking chicken shurpy at home:
- Wash the chicken carcass, place in a large enamel pan, cover with water and set on fire. Immediately after boiling, remove the foam that forms from the surface of the water, add salt, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 1 hour;
- Remove the finished chicken from the broth and free from bones. Remember, meat pieces should not be disassembled into fibers – they should remain large;
- Cut the cleaned carrots lengthwise into 6-8 pieces (cubes). Bulb shred large half-rings. Cut potatoes into quarters;
- Potatoes and chicken meat lay in boiling broth. And carrots and onions, meanwhile, fry in a pan, with the addition of wine vinegar and a small amount of oil. Send the roasted vegetables after the potatoes and cook for 13-17 minutes;
- Freshly boil the fresh tomato, then free it from the skin and chop up with a blender. Cut the sweet paprika and “Mutton horn” into strips, combine with chopped tomato and add to the boiling soup and boil for a few more minutes;
- Meanwhile, fry the flour in a dry frying pan until brownish appears. Enter the toasted flour into the soup, stir until completely dissolved;
- Chop a bunch of parsley, pour it into the ready-made shurpa and remove the pan from the heat;
- Chicken cooked with chicken – ready! This fragrant and nourishing soup is certainly served hot, immediately after cooking..
Chicken and Rice Shurpa Soup Recipe
- homemade chicken – 1 pc .;
- round grain rice – 100 g;
- carrots – 1 pc .;
- Bulgarian red onion – 3 pcs .;
- Hmeli-suneli spice mix;
- rock salt;
- fresh fat – 50 g;
- laurel leaf – 1 pc .;
- potatoes – 2 pieces.
Cooking time: 90 minutes.
Energy value per 100 g: 42 kcal.
Step by step description:
- From homemade chicken it turns out excellent rich broth. You should not carve a carcass into pieces before cooking – steal it in the pan as a whole. Fill the bird with water and put it on the stove. After boiling, remove the froth from the broth, salt it immediately and, with the lid on, cook until the meat is cooked;
- Wash the rice cereal and lay in the broth along with the potatoes cut into slices;
- Fresh fat cut into small pieces, chop the onion in half rings. Fry the onions and bacon until rosy, and then, together with the carrots cut into cubes, enter into the soup;
- Boil the shurpa for another 20 minutes, then sprinkle it with a generous pinch of Khmeli-suneli spices and a laurel leaf..
- Chicken rice shurpa soup served at the table along with garlic croutons and bitter pepper pod.
Cooking method in a slow cooker
- chicken thighs – 1 kg;
- potato tubers – 3 pcs .;
- Bulgarian peppers – 2 pcs .;
- onions – 4 pcs .;
- carrot – 1 pc .;
- tomatoes – 2-3 pieces;
- a bouquet of fresh greens;
- food salt;
- mix of fragrant peppers.
Cooking time: 50 minutes.
The number of kcal per 100 g: 37.
How to cook chicken shurpa in a slow cooker:
- Lay chicken thighs on the bottom of the bowl of the multicooker and cover with water. Turn on the unit to the “Soup” mode, setting the timer for 30 minutes;
- In the meantime, prepare your vegetables. Cut carrots and bell peppers into strips, onions in large quarters, and potatoes and tomatoes into slices. Load the vegetables into the already boiled broth, season it with salt and a mixture of fragrant peppers;
- Cook the shurpa in a slow cooker in the “Soup” mode until vegetables are ready, then unplug the unit, sprinkle the finished dish with a chopped bouquet of fresh greens, and pour it into portions, serve to the table.
Chicken shurpa in a cauldron on a fire
Ingredients for cooking:
- chicken carcass – 2 pcs .;
- fat tail – 250 g;
- potato tubers – 700 g;
- Paprika sweet pepper – 2 pcs .;
- fresh carrots – 400 g;
- fresh tomatoes – 400 g;
- garlic – 1 head;
- onions – 3 heads;
- a bunch of greenery;
- vodka – 100 ml;
- laurel leaf – 3 pcs .;
- drinking water – 5.5 liters;
- Hops-suneli spices;
- black pepper – 10 peas.
Cooking time: 3 hours.
Nutritional value per 100 g: 46 kcal.
- To make shurpa on a fire you will need a large cauldron. Put chicken carcasses into it, cover them with water, add whole onion heads and hang over a fire. Broth for shurpa will languish for a long time, at least 2 hours;
- All vegetables necessary for cooking shurpa should be cut into large slices;
- Fat tail fat cut into small pieces and lightly fry in a frying pan. Add carrots to it, continuing frying for another 3-4 minutes;
- When the chicken carcasses are fully prepared, add to them all the necessary vegetables, as well as grilled chicken fat and carrots;
- Boil the soup-shurpa on the fire until ready (at least 20-25 minutes). Then add spices, herbs, garlic and vodka to the soup. Then a rich soup of fire over a fire for another 6-8 minutes, then sprinkle with a chopped bouquet of greens and serve to the table;
- Shurpa, cooked in a cauldron over a fire, is especially piquant, tasty and fragrant. It has a pleasant aftertaste, quickly saturates the body and quenches the feeling of hunger. Enjoy your meal!
Shurpa, made from chicken, will turn out to be especially fragrant and tasty, if the bird before frying is quickly fried in a dry frying pan, until an appetizing crust forms..
Such a dish as shurpa is served to the table by all means fresh and hot. It is not recommended to heat it, otherwise it will lose most of its taste and aroma..
One of the most important ingredients (in addition to meat) for making this oriental soup is a generous bouquet of greens. It may include: cilantro, parsley, tarragon, dill, basil and onion feathers.
Ready-shurpa soup can be supplemented with such dressings as sour cream, mustard, mayonnaise and even adjika. Everyone will be able to choose the one that suits him the most..
When cooking shurpy it is very important to maintain a state of stable boiling, one might even say, languor. Do not allow strong boiling fluid.
To prepare this oriental soup, you must use either a whole bird carcass or its meaty parts. The soup set is by no means suitable. Since shurpa without meat or with a small amount of it is no longer a shurpa, but an ordinary soup.
Since this soup should be stewed and not boiled, it is recommended to use such dishes as a cauldron, a thick-walled pan or a cast-iron pan with high sides..