Chicken with Teriyaki sauce refers to the traditional dishes of Japanese cuisine, which has a very unusual taste. At the heart of this treat is the sauce, which has a sour-spicy taste, it is precisely due to this component that the whole unique taste of this amazing Japanese culinary creation is created..
And how to make it yourself at home? Consider several ways to cook chicken teriyaki sauce.
|soy sauce –||170 ml|
|ground ginger –||2 small spoons|
|natural honey in a liquid state –||1 small spoon|
|starch –||2 small spoons|
|vegetable oil –||20 ml|
|dried garlic –||1 small spoon|
|cane sugar –||4-5 spoons|
|water –||70 ml|
|wine vinegar 6% –||30 ml|
|Time for preparing: 30 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 90 Kcal|
How to make “Teriyaki”:
- The first thing you need to do is pour the soy sauce into a heavy-bottomed dipper or stew pan;
- Then we add products to the sauce in a dry form – cane sugar, ginger, dried garlic. For cooking, you can use fresh garlic, it will need to pass through a press. But it is better to use garlic in dried form; with it, the structure of the sauce will be more homogeneous;
- Then a spoonful of vegetable oil is poured in, honey is poured in a liquid state and everything is mixed;
- After that, wine vinegar is poured. In the original, mirin, rapeseed wine is poured into this sauce, but this ingredient cannot always be found on the market, so you can replace it with wine vinegar;
- Starch lay out in water, stir until even;
- Pour the starch mixture to the other components;
- We place the container with all the components on the fire, leave to boil over medium heat;
- Boil to boil, be sure to mix everything;
- After boiling, reduce the heat, leave to boil for 5-6 minutes;
- Then remove from the stove and leave to cool. After the sauce has cooled, it will become thick;
- Be sure to try the taste, if it is too salty, then it should add 1 small spoonful of granulated sugar;
- Leave to cool for 15-20 minutes;
- Next, pour the sauce into a glass container and put on the shelf of the refrigerator for storage.
Teriyaki Chicken: A Step-by-Step Recipe
For cooking will need the following components:
- 2 chicken breasts;
- 170 ml of soy sauce;
- 70 grams of brown sugar;
- 1 big spoon of mirin;
- 30 grams of dried ginger;
- two or three garlic teeth;
- vegetable oil – 50 ml;
- water – 2 large spoons;
- 2 large spoons of cornstarch;
- black ground pepper – ½ tsp.
It will take about 1 hour to cook, the nutritional value will be 150 kcal..
We start cooking chicken in the “Teriyaki” pot:
- The first thing you need to clean the ginger root from the skin and rub it on the grater. 3-4 small slices are cut from it and cut with a knife;
- Put the crushed ginger in a container, pour soy sauce;
- In order for the sauce not to be highly concentrated, add a little water, stir it;
- Then pour wine vinegar or mirin. If these components are not, then you can pour lemon juice;
- Peel garlic cloves, cut into thin slices with a knife and spread into sauce;
- Fall asleep in sugar, stir everything until brown sugar is completely dissolved;
- Chicken breasts are washed, cleaned of the skin;
- Next, cut the breasts into medium pieces, slightly beat off with a kitchen hammer or the back of a knife. Pre-meat covered with cling film;
- Next, sprinkle chicken meat with salt and black pepper from all sides;
- Pour vegetable oil into the pan, put it on the fire and warm it up;
- Put chicken pieces on hot oil and fry on both sides until golden;
- Then pour the sauce to the chicken, leave to stew over low heat for 5 minutes;
- In water we dissolve corn starch, we stir to break all lumps;
- When chicken meat is soaked with sauce, it can be laid out on a plate;
- In the remaining sauce in the pan, you must enter the starch along with water;
- The whole mixture is thoroughly mixed and left to boil over low heat for 5 minutes;
- At the end of “Teriyaki” pour on the chicken and serve on the table.
Teriyaki Chicken Stew
To prepare prepare the following components:
- chicken weighing one and a half kilograms;
- soy sauce – 150 grams;
- 1.5 large spoons of wine or cider vinegar;
- 35 grams of honey;
- some pepper mix;
- flour or starch powder – 20 grams;
- ground ginger – 10 grams;
- garlic – 4 slices;
- some vegetable oil;
- water – 250 m.
The preparation will take about 1 hour, the calorie content will be 150 kcal.
How to do it:
- Pour soy sauce into the container, add honey and put it on the fire. All boil until complete dissolution of honey;
- After that, remove it from the heat, add vinegar, a pinch of a mixture of peppers, chopped garlic, ground ginger. All thoroughly mixed;
- Wash the chicken, clean the skin;
- We cut the chicken into small pieces, put it in the sauce and leave to marinate for 3 hours;
- Next, we shift the chicken with the sauce in a container and place it on the fire. Leave to stew;
- After 10 minutes we pour water, simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes;
- Dissolve starch or flour in a small amount of water and add to the chicken 5 minutes before the end of cooking;
- After that, we lay out chicken meat and serve it on the table..
Chicken with vegetables in Teriyaki sauce
- chicken flesh – 400 grams;
- 1-2 zucchini or zucchini;
- one eggplant;
- one sweet pepper;
- a small piece of ginger root, about 2 cm;
- 80 ml of Teriyaki sauce;
- some salt;
- a pinch of black ground pepper;
- vegetable oil – 60 ml;
- 1 large spoonful of sesame seeds.
Cooking will take about 1 hour, calorie will be 145 kcal.
- It is best to use pitted chicken meat. Meat washed under cool water, cleaned from the skins;
- Next, cut the chicken into small slices;
- Put slices in a cup, pour Teriyaki sauce and put in the fridge for half an hour so that the meat is marinated well;
- Zucchini, eggplant, sweet pepper (preferably orange), and a slice of ginger should be cut into straws;
- After that, put the pan on the fire, add vegetable oil and warm it;
- On the warmed butter we pour all the pieces of vegetables together with the pieces of ginger. Stir and leave to fry;
- If desired, you can add one chopped hot pepper without seeds to the vegetables, it will give a spicy taste to the whole dish;
- Vegetables need to fry until half cooked, they should remain a bit crispy inside;
- Be sure to season the vegetables with salt, black pepper;
- On the fire we place a separate brazier, pour oil and heat it;
- Put the marinated chicken there and leave to fry;
- In the process of frying the chicken meat is mixed so that it is fried from all sides;
- Next, put vegetables on a plate, top with chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds;
- Serve everything on the table.
Udon noodles with chicken in Teriyaki sauce
- chicken pulp – half a kilo;
- 250 grams of wheat udon noodles;
- 150 ml of Teriyaki sauce;
- carrot – 1 piece;
- jar of pickled mini-corn per 100 grams;
- sweet pepper (paprika) – 1 piece;
- several leek branches;
- 2 large spoons of sweet canned corn;
- 30 grams of green onions;
- soy sauce – 2 large spoons;
- vegetable oil.
Preparation will take about 1 hour, calorie will be about 150 kcal..
- First of all, wash the chicken fillet under cool water, clean the skin;
- Cut the fillet into small slices;
- Add vegetable oil to the pan and heat it;
- Put the chicken meat on the heated oil and fry them on all sides until a crust forms;
- Wash the carrot, peel off the skins and cut into thin strips;
- Peppers are also shredded into straws;
- Mini cobs need to be cut into small slices. Next, put them in a separate roaster without oil and fry for a few minutes until the crust appears;
- When a crust appears on the chicken pieces, add Teriyaki;
- Reduce the heat and leave a little fry meat in a sauce;
- We spread carrots and peppers to the chicken, pour the sauce over again and leave to stew;
- In the meantime, boil the udon noodles. Place a container with water on the stove, add salt and leave to warm to a boil;
- Put the noodles into boiling water and boil until cooked for 5 minutes;
- After that, in the pan with the meat lay out boiled noodles, roasted corn, canned corn, leeks and green onions. All water “Teriyaki”;
- If desired, all components can be poured with a small amount of soy sauce;
- Put all the ingredients on a plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve on the table.
Features of serving dishes
It is important to properly serve chicken with “Teriyaki” so that it will interest everyone, so you need to know the main ways of serving dishes:
- meat should be spread on a large flat plate. You can use dishes with an unusual shape, for example, triangular or square;
- “Teriyaki” can be poured into the saucepan separately;
- You can eat meat with chopsticks and dip them separately into the sauce;
- In addition, steamed vegetables, boiled rice or fried mushrooms can be put next to the meat.
- it is better to use mirin for the sauce; it is he who will make “Teriyaki” real;
- for cooking, you should use the flesh of the boneless meat, the skins;
- Be sure to add different spices, they will give the dish even greater flavor and savory taste..
Chicken in Teriyaki sauce is an unusual treat that has a wonderful aroma. Chicken meat is quite tender, and the sauce gives it an incredible flavor. Be sure to make this culinary creation of Japanese cuisine..