Chicken meat is the most popular meat product among the country’s population. And for good reason! First of all, the matter is at an acceptable cost, as well as in the preparation speed and the presence of a large number of useful components.
The most delicious and consumed part of the chicken is the chicken drumstick. For quick cooking chicken legs convenient to use the slow cooker. It is possible not only to boil and soar, but also to simmer and bake.
Chicken drumsticks cooked in a slow cooker are tasty, tender and healthy. We offer interesting recipes with a photo to choose.
|Shins –||800 grams|
|Sour cream 15% –||180 grams|
|Bow –||2 heads|
|Bay leaf –||3 things|
|Spices, ground black pepper –||taste|
|Sunflower oil –||4 tablespoons|
|Time for preparing: 75 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 187 Kcal|
Chicken legs, cooked in sour cream – a tasty and delicate dish, suitable for any festive meal.
Stewed chicken drumsticks in sour cream in a slow cooker should be prepared as follows:
- Shins prepare;
- Wash, dry and cut the onion into rings;
- Sprinkle the seasoned legs with salt and seasoning;
- On the slow cooker, turn on the Baking mode for 45 minutes. It is necessary to monitor the time, if the minimum duration in this mode is 60 minutes. Heat the sunflower oil in the bowl;
- Put in hot oil of leg and bake for 25 minutes;
- After 25 minutes turn the shins, sprinkle with onion rings and cook for another 20 minutes;
- At the end of time, add sour cream and bay leaves to the dish. Then mix it slightly, close the slow cooker and install the “Quenching” program. Extinguishing time – 30 minutes;
- After a predetermined time, the shanks stewed in sour cream are ready.
A great side dish for meat will be fresh vegetables, as well as rice..
Chicken legs with rice and vegetables
- Chicken leg – 5 pieces;
- Onions large – 1 piece;
- Carrots – 2 pieces;
- Bulgarian pepper – 1 piece;
- Water – 350 milliliters;
- Rice – 160 grams;
- Canned peas – ½ can;
- Dried herbs – to taste;
- Paprika – ½ tsp;
- Salt and pepper to taste;
- Sunflower oil.
Cooking time: 2 hours 15 minutes.
Calorie: 110 kilocalories per 100 grams.
Recipe for cooking chicken legs with rice and vegetables in a slow cooker:
- Wash chicken drumsticks and dry them;
- Feet salt, pepper and let stand 25 minutes;
- Wash rice;
- Wash vegetables well and wipe off moisture;
- Onion cut into thin half-rings, carrots and peppers – small straws;
- Turn on the slow cooker, pour sunflower oil into the bowl and turn on the Baking mode. Put the legs into a heated bowl with butter and fry until golden brown with the lid open;
- From the bowl lay out the fried drumsticks, and pour onions and fry in it, stirring constantly with the lid open for a couple of minutes. Then add the carrot, and after a couple of minutes – the pepper. All vegetables mix and simmer for about 4 -5 minutes, stirring occasionally;
- Add rice, paprika, herbs to vegetables and mix well. You can still a little salt and roast for a couple of minutes. Mode “Baking” disable;
- Add peas into the bowl with vegetables and rice, pour in water, and put the legs on top;
- Close the multicooker and load the Pilaf mode. Cook until the end of the program;
- After the signal to turn off the device, stir the rice with vegetables and leave for 30 minutes to brew under the lid closed.
Chicken drumsticks with potatoes in a slow cooker
Stewed drumsticks with potatoes are an excellent dish that combines garnish and meat at once. Convenient for the hostess, tasty for the family!
- Chicken legs – 850 grams;
- Potatoes – 1 kilogram;
- Carrots – 1 piece;
- Onions – 1 head;
- Spices for meat – to taste;
- Water – 200 milliliters;
- Bay leaf – 2 pieces;
- Salt, pepper – to taste;
- Unscented Sunflower Oil.
Cooking time: 2 hours 15 minutes.
Calorie: 119 calories per 100 grams.
The sequence of cooking chicken drumsticks with potatoes in a slow cooker:
- Rinse the legs, wipe off excess moisture and rub with salt, pepper and spices. Marinate for an hour;
- Wash, dry and peel vegetables;
- Dice onions and carrots, potatoes – into large slices;
- Pour sunflower oil into the bowl of the multicooker and turn on the Frying program. Put the legs in the heated oil and fry until the end of the program, turning once during the whole time;
- Remove fried legs from the bowl, and put onions and carrots in it and fry for a couple of minutes constantly stirring;
- Add potatoes and bay leaves to vegetables, and put the legs on top and pour salted water;
- Change the program of multicooking to the mode of “quenching” and cook for 1 – 1.5 hours.
How to cook the “Bavarian” legs
Fast and easy to prepare, the Bavarian legs with interesting taste will be a great festive table dish. The ideal side dish for Bavarian legs will be a vegetable salad with greens..
- Shins – 6 pieces;
- Honey floral – 4 tablespoons;
- Bavarian mustard with grains – 4 tablespoons;
- Bay leaf – 3 pieces;
- Sour cream – 4 tablespoons;
- Salt – to taste;
- Baking Foil.
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes.
Calorie: 180 kilocalories per 100 grams.
So, how to cook chicken leg “Bavarian” in a slow cooker:
- Chicken legs wash and blot with paper towel;
- Prepare the sauce. Combine honey, mustard, sour cream and salt to taste in a separate plate. Then mix thoroughly;
- Coat chicken drumsticks with sauce on all sides;
- Put the prepared legs on the foil. Put laurel leaves on top of them;
- Carefully wrap the legs in foil, bending the edges so that the liquid does not leak during cooking;
- Place the foil with the legs in the bowl of the slow cooker. It is advisable to add a glass of water to the bottom so as not to burn;
- Set the mode “Baking” in time for 1 hour;
- After the beep, put the legs on the dish.
Chicken leg baked with cheese
A tasty and satisfying dish that does not require a lot of time and money will appeal to all family members. A good option for an ordinary dinner, and for a festive feast..
- Chicken legs – 6 pieces;
- Sour cream – 180 grams;
- Cheese hard – 200 grams;
- Garlic – 5 cloves;
- Salt and spices – to taste;
- Sunflower oil.
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes.
Caloric content: 240 kilocalories per 100 grams.
Cooking chicken drumsticks, baked under the cheese, in the Redmond multicooker in steps:
- Wash and dry chicken legs;
- Garlic peel and chop with a press;
- In a deep container thoroughly mix the sour cream, garlic, spices and salt;
- Cheese to grind on a large grater;
- Smear the bowl with sunflower oil;
- Chicken legs grease from all sides with sour cream sauce, put in a bowl and pour on top of the remaining pouring. Surface level;
- Put grated cheese on top of shins and close the multicooker lid;
- Install the program “Baking”. In Redmond multicookers, the minimum time is set to 60 minutes. It’ll be enough. If the device has more power, cooking time can be reduced. After the end of the program the dish is ready.
Experienced Culinary Tips
In order for chicken meat to cook perfectly in the slow cooker, you need to follow a few recommendations:
- The bowl must be in close contact with the heating element;
- Before cooking, it is better to pre-lubricate the bowl with oil;
- Meat should be chosen fresher, younger and better lived. It will take less time to prepare this product;
- When frying vegetables, they should be mixed regularly to prevent burning;
- For cooking it is necessary to use clean and dry dishes. Bowls with damage are not recommended;
- Do not forget to turn off the heating function if it is not required;
- When stewing food, add a little water to prevent sticking and excessive dryness of the dish;
- When cooking chicken legs need to focus on their size. Large shins need more time to cook. You should also choose pieces of the same size for uniform cooking .;
- It is necessary to take into account the capacity of the multicooker, and adjust the cooking time from the recipe for your model;
- To get an appetizing crust, at the end of cooking you can change the program to another one that has this function;
- To meat when using the “Frying” mode was not dry, you can add butter during cooking;
- When closing the multicooker lid, a characteristic click should sound. Only in this case the slow cooker will be closed tightly, and the food will be cooked at the correct temperature..
Using these recipes and tips, you can easily, at great expense and in many ways to cook chicken drumsticks in a slow cooker for the whole family. Enjoy your meal!