Pudding came to us from Foggy Albion. This is a traditional English dessert made from flour, sugar, milk and eggs in a water bath. When the fame of the dessert spread far beyond Britain, and the hostesses around the world began to prepare it, the recipes began to undergo various changes and additions..
Ingredients could be replaced and mixed in other proportions, the cooking technology changed, the pudding could be baked without a water bath or even in a microwave, or the recipe could acquire the flavor of a separate kitchen.
Most often, the recipe replaces the flour, such as semolina, rice, or even … bread. But the most useful flour substitute is curd.
|cottage cheese 11% fat –||800 g|
|the eggs –||5 pieces.|
|butter –||100 g|
|flour –||50 g|
|Time for preparing: 150 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 240 Kcal|
Baking cottage cheese pudding at home is easy enough. To do this, you need an oven, the presence in the refrigerator of the necessary ingredients, a good mood and a pinch of love. The main component, of course, will be cottage cheese.
You can use the store or village, you can cook it yourself, even in the city kitchen, armed with a liter of milk and half a liter of kefir and a handful of salt.
- Cottage cheese must be carefully passed through a sieve. To avoid lumps;
- Add eggs to the prepared cottage cheese, add sugar, then – very soft butter and flour. All thoroughly mixed and grind into a homogeneous soft mass;
- Raisin for 15 minutes pour boiling water;
- When a smooth curd mass is ready, you can add raisins (previously washed and dried);
- Soak a napkin with butter and put “dough” in it. Wrap and tie edges;
- Place the future pudding and a container of water and send to the oven for 1.5-2 hours.
According to the classic recipe, cottage cheese pudding is soft and melting in the mouth, with a beautiful golden brown crust and a milky aftertaste..
Cottage cheese pudding with semolina in the oven for a child
Puddings are often found in different fairy tales. For example, the heroes of the Harry Potter books enjoyed the Yorkshire pudding in the dining room of the Hogwarts school, and Alice in Wonderland was introduced to great plum pudding. No wonder kids are so interested in trying out desserts that help their favorite fairy-tale characters..
To make pudding from cottage cheese and on the basis of decoys, which children will like, you will need:
- fresh cottage cheese (for children’s dishes it is better to take homemade) – 400 g;
- country butter – 70 g;
- sugar – half a glass;
- semolina (used in this case as a thickener mass) – 3 tbsp;
- eggs – 3 pcs .;
- milk (homemade is also better) – half a glass;
- raisins to taste;
- sour cream – 100 g.
Preparation time: 1 hour + 20 minutes to prepare.
Caloric content: 215 kcal / 100 g.
- You must soak the semolina in the milk beforehand and leave it for 20 minutes;
- Butter should be softened to room temperature. This can be done in the microwave;
- Separate the yolks from the proteins;
- In a separate bowl, beat soft butter with yolks and sugar;
- Without turning off the mixer, add to the mass of cottage cheese, rubbed through a sieve, and sour cream. Stir everything thoroughly until smooth;
- Separately, whisk until a stable foam proteins;
- Add them to the curd mass and gently, so that the proteins do not fall off to mix;
- Then add raisins, semolina and milk. Mix all;
- Shape, better glass, cover with a layer of butter and put in her “dough”;
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and send future pudding there for 30-40 minutes.
Decorate the dessert when serving can be berries and fruits. It will be bright, juicy and children will love it..
Diet recipe of dessert baking in the oven
Dietary pudding with cottage cheese is a real magic wand for those who take care of the figure or follow a diet for health reasons. They can be prepared each time in a new way, with the addition of different fruits or candied fruits.
For diet pudding in the oven will need:
- cottage cheese with a minimum percentage of fat – 200 g;
- eggs – 2 pcs .;
- semolina (for high-quality dough density) – 2 tablespoons l .;
- sugar – 2 tbsp. (you can reduce the amount to taste);
- vanilla sugar (or vanilla on the tip of a knife) – 1 tsp;
- salt – a pinch, for a flavoring shade.
Cooking time: 40 minutes.
Caloric content: 168 kcal / 100 g.
- Using a mixer or a whisk, beat the eggs with sugar;
- To avoid lumps in the “dough”, cottage cheese is best to grind through a fine sieve;
- Add to the curd egg-sugar mixture. And mix again;
- Add to the mass of semolina, both sugars (or sugar and vanilla) and salt. Stir thoroughly, it is best to do this with a mixer;
- In this recipe, you can use portioned forms, for example, as for muffins, or you can take a large silicone mold. “Dough” poured into forms;
- Put the molds in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees;
- Bake cheese pudding until golden brown.
Such a dessert can be beautifully decorated with berries, mint, caramel threads or fruit slices. It will look beautiful even on the holiday table..
Recommendations to help hostess
- It’s better to cook any pudding a bit in advance. So that he has time to insist that all tastes come together and play;
- Low-fat milk is more suitable for puddings. Then this English dessert will have a very soft creamy taste;
- You can not add a large amount of raisins, fruits or candied fruit in the “dough”, it will not rise, and the appearance will be hopelessly spoiled;
- In no case can not open the oven when baking pudding. He will fall;
- The smoother the dough is, the better the dessert will be..
Cooking cheese puddings in the oven is a pleasure. The possibility of playing with ingredients opens up an endless field for experimentation. Puddings can be cooked sweet and served as a dessert, and you can cook them without a sweet component, as an addition to meat or fish.