You can diversify the menu and please your loved ones with simple and useful fish cutlets. And canned fish can be very inexpensive to organize this tasty dish. With enough experience, it may well become the “crown”. Another plus is its speed, if canned fish is on hand, in half an hour you can organize a stunning dinner..
Here are a few recipes for preparing canned fish cutlets with illustrative photos of the housewives..
|oil-preserved saury –||1 bank|
|cereals –||60 g|
|bow –||1 head|
|egg –||2 pcs.|
|sunflower oil –||2 tbsp. spoons|
|breading (breadcrumbs) –||taste|
|salt, black pepper –||optional|
|Time for preparing: 20 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 236 Kcal|
Chop the onion and sauté in the frying pan – no more than 5 minutes. Open a can of canned food, drain the oil, mash the contents, removing, if they are there, large bones.
Add to the fish onions from the pan, oatmeal, eggs. All salt and pepper, mix well. Forming cutlets of small size and, rolled in breadcrumbs, send to the pan, heated with butter.
Fry on both sides and send the finished dish on a plate.
Canned fish cutlets with carrots
To diversify and reduce the calorie content of a dish, you can add various vegetables to canned fish cakes. The carrot cutlets are very tasty. For those who count calories, it is better to replace canned fish in oil with the same, but in their own juice.
- canned fish (tuna, saury, sardine, pollock, etc.) – 1 can (240 g);
- onions – 1 small or 1/2 pcs. large head;
- carrot – 1 medium sized root vegetable;
- egg – 1 pc .;
- rice (groats) – 110 gr .;
- allspice, dried herbs, salt – on request.
- vegetable oil – 1 or 2 table. spoons;
- breading (breadcrumbs).
Cooking time – 35 minutes.
Calories – 182 kcal / 100 g.
Rice send boiled on the stove. At this time, grate the grated carrots, finely chop the onion, or chop them on the grater. Open a can of preserves, drain the oil, separate the fish from the large bones (if necessary) and put in a bowl.
There also add onions with carrots, boiled rice. Grind a blender or fork, break an egg and add spices. After all mix thoroughly. Pour butter into a frying pan and heat up on fire, form cutlets from the mass of cutlet, and roll them in breadcrumbs, send to the pan.
Put canned fish cutlets with carrots on both sides, put on a plate.
Canned fish cutlets with rice and potatoes
Tasty and hearty chops are obtained from canned fish with potatoes and rice. Stewed vegetables are perfect for this dish as a side dish. You can take any canned food. This recipe uses saury.
- canned saury in oil – 1 jar (240 g);
- potatoes – 4 pcs. medium size;
- rice (groats) – 110 g;
- breading (bread crumbs);
- salt, dried herbs and black pepper – optional.
- vegetable oil – 1 or 2 tbsp. spoons (for frying).
Cooking time – 40 minutes.
Caloric content – 217 kcal / 100 g.
Now we will consider how fish cutlets are prepared from canned food with rice and potatoes. So, wash the potatoes, peel, put in a pot of water and send on the stove – cook. Along the way, we put a saucepan of water with rice on the stove – rice must be boiled.
At this time, open the can of saury, remove saury from the oil, remove the bones and put the fish in a deep bowl. There go boiled rice and boiled potatoes, which are preferably pre-cut into small cubes.
After that, grind everything with a fork or with a blender. Then pepper and salt everything, add greens. Mix well and form medium sized patties from the finished mass.
After, heat the pan with butter, cutlets, roll in breadcrumbs, fry until the formation of both sides of the crust pale golden color.
Canned Sardine Cutlets with Rice
Rice is considered a traditional side dish for fish cakes, but since these cutlets already contain rice, it is best to serve them with vegetables or mashed potatoes..
- sardine, canned in oil – 1 can (for 240 g);
- Onion – 1 pc. (medium sized);
- rice – 110 g;
- potatoes – 1 pc .;
- oil (for frying) – 1 or 2 table. spoons;
- breading (breadcrumbs);
- allspice, salt – at will.
Cooking time – 35-40 minutes.
Caloric content – 205 kcal / 100 g.
Boil rice with water and boil potatoes as well..
Peel and finely chop the onion.
Sardines open, get out of the oil. Put the pieces of fish in a deep cup, before removing the large bones.
After the rice is boiled, add it to the fish, put the sliced onion and grind everything with a fork or blender.
Add mashed boiled potato to the resulting mass, then pepper and salt, mix well and form cutlets.
Put the frying pan on the stove, pour butter into it and send the cutlets to it, fry them in breading.
Fried on both sides, ruddy fish cutlets from canned sardines with rice, removed from the pan.
Enjoy your meal!
Cutlets from canned pink salmon with semolina
For this recipe, you can take a pink salmon in its own juice, or you can take a tinned pink salmon in oil – the meatballs from such fish will be more juicy. On the other hand, the calorie content of this dish will be higher..
- tinned pink salmon (natural) – 1 jar;
- Onion – 1 pc. small size;
- semolina – 130-180 g .;
- egg – 2 pieces;
- breading (breadcrumbs);
- vegetable oil – 1-2 tbsp. spoons (for roasting);
- pepper, salt – to taste.
Cooking time – 40 minutes.
Caloric content – 192 kcal / 100 g.
Peel and chop the onion with a knife or grated. Canned open, drain the oil. Remove large bones, if necessary, and put the fish in a deep cup. Add there bow, semolina, add eggs.
Mix everything, crush with a blender or fork, leave for half an hour so that the semolina swelled. From the resulting mass to form burgers, break them in breading. Pour oil into the pan, heat up and put semi-finished products on it.
Fry the patties on both sides until a brown crust has formed. Canned salmon cutlets with semolina ready to serve!
Tips for beginners
Any dish, even as simple as canned fish cakes, has its own cooking details. Here are some nuances that may be useful to those who have never prepared them:
- Grinding fish with additives (potatoes, rice) in a bowl, it is better to use a blender – you get more tender and airy burgers, besides, it does not require such effort and time as chopping with a fork;
- Cutlets can not only be fried, but also baked in the oven, so they will have less oil and more vitamins will remain;
- A more delicate taste of the cutlets is obtained if the egg is not broken into the cutlet mass, but whipped up in a separate bowl. You should not beat it up to a state of foam, as long as the white and yolk are mixed;
- When forming cutlets, so that the mass does not stick to the hands, it is recommended to periodically lower them into a cup with cold water;
- Drain oil from canned fish is better not to emit, and in a separate bowl – it can be added to the total mass, if it turned out very dry and dense;
- If the onion did not manage to chop finely enough, you can send it for 5 minutes to be browned in a frying pan. Then it will become softer, easily crushed in the composition of the cutlet mass;
- Instead of bread crumbs, flour or semolina is perfect. You can also add them to the cutlet mass, if it turned out to be watery and cutlets are poorly formed.
For canned fish cutlets, you can also prepare a simple sauce — sour cream or with tomato paste. Households will certainly appreciate tasty fish cakes, and the quick and easy manufacture of canned fish will definitely please the housewives.