A simple and quick dish – “veggie” cabbage schnitzel. It is easy for them to eat – and at the same time no animal will suffer! And this is a very budget and original dinner that does not make the stomach heavy..
|cabbage leaves –||7 pieces|
|flour –||30 g|
|sunflower oil –||20 ml|
|eggs –||1 PC.|
|salt –||3 g|
|breadcrumbs –||30 g|
|Time for preparing: 15 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 148 Kcal|
Cooking schnitzel of white cabbage:
- Separate the leaves from the cabbage, wash them;
- Pour water into a small saucepan and let it boil, then add salt;
- Dip the leaves in water and let them boil for five minutes, do not cover with a lid;
- After the time has elapsed, remove the leaves and allow them to cool slightly;
- With a hammer for chops slightly beat off the thickened part of each leaf;
- In a small bowl sift flour;
- In another bowl, drive an egg and add a little salt, stir with a fork;
- In a third bowl pour the breadcrumbs;
- Each sheet of cabbage is folded several times, usually two times enough to make an envelope. So that it does not open, you need to press firmly on the bend;
- Then dip each envelope first into the sifted flour, then into the salted egg and finally into the crackers;
- Heat oil in a pan, you can use olive and even butter;
- Put the schnitzels in the pan and fry on both sides until a nice golden crust appears;
- Put on paper napkin in order to remove excess oil.
- 0.5 pc of a head of cabbage;
- 80 g breadcrumbs;
- 40 ml sour cream;
- 2 eggs;
- 40 ml of sunflower oil;
- 5 g of salt;
- 80 g flour.
Time – 20 minutes.
Calories – 123.
- A head of cabbage washed and separated the first few leaves;
- Cut half and one of the parts cut into slices about one and a half cm thick. At the base of the head they should be thicker, the stalk itself should not be cut off so that the delicate leaves do not break up;
- Pour water into the pot and boil it;
- In the water gently lower the pieces of cabbage and boil them for no more than three minutes, then pull out. Water can be salted in advance or later salt the egg or flour;
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, add to them the seasonings to taste;
- In two separate bowls pour breadcrumbs and sift flour;
- Put cooled pieces of cabbage into flour and then into egg. You can not use flour at all, then immediately dip the cabbage into the eggs;
- Next, roll out the pieces in breadcrumbs;
- Fry in hot oil in a pan until golden crust appears. Allow to cool and pour sour cream when serving..
Cabbage Schnitzel in batter
- 1 head of young cabbage (small);
- 60 g of flour;
- 40 g of dill;
- 70 ml of milk;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 2 eggs;
- 60 ml of sunflower oil;
- 7 grams of salt.
Time – 25 minutes.
Calories – 75.
- Remove the first few sheets of young cabbage, wash the rest of the head and cut it into circles, no more than a centimeter thick. If the heading is too big, you can cut it in half and then into halves;
- Boil water in a large saucepan and add half of the salt;
- Put the cabbage circles in the water for four minutes, then pull them out with a slotted spoon and let cool;
- In a separate deep bowl, beat eggs with milk;
- In another bowl, sift the flour and pour the milk-egg mixture here, mix;
- Add spices and remaining salt;
- Rinse the dill under water and finely chop, add to batter;
- Squeeze the garlic, peeled, through a squeezer into the total mass and mix. Or you can simply put the cleaned lobule in hot oil during frying;
- Pieces of cabbage to lower in batter;
- In a pan in the hot oil fry the circles until golden.
Cabbage Schnitzel with cheese in the oven
- 1 head of cabbage (medium size);
- 160 g breadcrumbs;
- 10 g of salt;
- 1 pack or 180 ml of sour cream;
- 3 eggs;
- 20 ml of sunflower oil;
- 300 grams of cheese;
- 130 g flour.
Time – 45 minutes.
Calories – 131.
- Head cabbage wash and gently cut the stalk;
- Pour more water into the pot and boil it;
- Dip there the whole head of cabbage and after five minutes pull it out. Remove the first few soft leaves. Lower head out again and repeat the procedure. Do until all the leaves are soft. Give them time to cool down;
- If necessary, cut off the protruding hard part and hammer gently along the thick leg with a hammer;
- Collapse each leaf envelope;
- In a separate bowl sift a little flour, in another – bread crumbs;
- Beat eggs with a fork in a third bowl;
- Envelopes in turn dipped in flour, then in eggs and crackers. The procedure can be repeated if you really like the layer of breading;
- Pour oil into a frying pan and lightly brown envelopes on both sides;
- Put them in a baking dish;
- Cheese grate and mix it with sour cream;
- Spread this sour cream mixture over all envelopes and bake at 180 degrees Celsius. It will be ready when a golden crust appears on top. Pull out and serve with additional sour cream or mayonnaise. Decorate with greens.
If the head is rather tight and the leaves are torn when disassembling, then the cooking method described in the fourth recipe is the only way out. A head with very thick leaves may require an additional two or three minutes of cooking, but it is very important not to digest the young cabbage so that it remains whole..
In the breading or batter you can always add a variety of spices. For example, turmeric will give not only taste, but also a pleasant yellow color. Black pepper, hot pepper, garlic, ginger, spicy herbs – everything you like. The easiest way is to add it to the egg, and then dip a piece of cabbage into it..
Crackers can be prepared independently. Just cut the two-day bread into pieces. Next, pour oil into the pan, add various spicy herbs (basil, oregano, Provencal herb mixture, etc.), add garlic. Fry crackers, cool them and grind. Such breadcrumbs eliminate the need to add spices to the egg..
Cabbage Schnitzel is a fragrant and light dish that always turns out. A small amount of calories and maximum time savings are the main supporters of dinner after a busy day. It turns out very fragrant and appetizing.!