Beef goes well with prunes. And do not think that prunes can somehow spoil the meat, on the contrary, it will make it unusual, give an amazing aroma and savory taste.
Quite often cooked beef stew with prunes, this treat is great for almost any occasion. If you still do not know the recipe and have never prepared this dish, we suggest you to consider several ways of cooking.
|beef meat with spatula or neck –||800 grams|
|dried prunes –||120 grams|
|Luke –||2 things|
|warm water –||270 ml|
|lean oils –||Little|
|seasoning “Mixture of peppers” –||pinch|
|coriander seeds –||1 small spoon|
|bay leaf –||3 things|
|parsley, dill – for decoration –||5-6 stalks|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 140 Kcal|
How to do:
To begin, prepare the meat. We rinse it with cold water, wipe with paper napkins and remove excess fat, streaks, films;
Prepared meat should be cut into small bars. If the beef is too hard, then each piece can be beaten off;
Prunes should be washed, put in a bowl and pour warm water. We leave it to soak for 15-20 minutes;
With onions, remove the husk, cut it into very small squares;
Place a cast iron pan on the stove, pour vegetable oil into it and heat it;
In the heated oil, we fold the onion, add some salt, we ferment and leave to roast for a few minutes. Be sure to mix so that the onion is not burnt;
After a few minutes, put the pieces of beef in the pan, stir well with a wooden spatula. Meat should be evenly distributed throughout the pan;
Cooking it in its own juice as long as possible. It is precisely due to the juice of the meat that a good density of the future gravy is ensured, therefore we fry it longer;
As soon as the meat juice will evaporate, pour half a glass of water, bay leaf, coriander, and pepper mix seasoning. Mix everything and leave to simmer for 10 minutes;
Soaked prunes take out of the water, cut into two parts and lay out to the meat. We mix everything;
Continue cooking until the meat is soft;
After preparation, we decorate everything with small (chopped or torn hands) green leaves.
Beef with prunes, stew in a slow cooker
- Beef meat – 900 grams;
- Dried prunes – 150 grams;
- 2 small bulbs;
- Carrot – 1 piece;
- 4-5 garlic cloves;
- Vegetable oil;
- A few leaves of laurel;
- A pinch of salt;
- 1 small spoon of nutmeg;
- Black ground pepper – to your taste;
- 280 ml of water.
How much is prepared – 1 hour 30 minutes.
How many calories per 100 grams – 145.
Go to cooking:
- Rinse the beef meat with cool water, remove the streaks, excess fat, film. Wipe with paper towels;
- Next, cut the beef in small slices;
- Remove the skin from the bulbs and cut into small cubes or straws;
- We clean the carrot from dirt, rinse and cut into small strips;
- In a slow cooker, add butter, put the program “Baking” or “Frying” and put the slices of meat;
- Fry it for 10-15 minutes, until the appearance of ruddy;
- Place the crushed pieces of meat in a cup;
- Pour more butter into the slow cooker and throw the onion with the carrots;
- Cooking vegetable cutting in the same mode until soft, periodically mix everything;
- Then lay out the slices of meat for vegetable cutting, fill it with hot water. All add some salt, sprinkle with black pepper, add nutmeg, a couple of leaves of laurel;
- Expose the mode of “extinguishing” and select the time of 1 hour;
- Meanwhile, rinse the prunes, it can be soaked in warm water for 10 minutes. Cut into medium pieces;
- With garlic cloves, remove the skin and cut into small pieces;
- In 30-35 minutes we add prunes and garlic pieces to the meat and cook for 25 minutes, right before the beep of the multicooker.
Beef stew recipe with prunes in oven
What you need:
- 2 kilograms of beef meat;
- 400 grams of prunes pitted;
- 3-4 pieces of carrots;
- Onions – 3-4 things;
- A bit of black freshly ground pepper;
- Pepper – to your taste;
- 3-4 carnation tricks;
- Lavrushka – 2-3 things;
- Vegetable oil.
How much is prepared – 2 hours 50 minutes.
Calories in 100 grams – 130.
- Beef should be rinsed, cleaned of excess fat, veins and film. Cut it into medium portions;
- Onion peeled, cut into half rings;
- With carrots, peel off the skin, wash and cut into circles;
- Pour vegetable oil into the pan, warm it up;
- Put the pieces of beef meat on hot oil, add salt and fry on both sides until golden brown;
- Spray the baking dish with vegetable oil, spread the beef pieces into it and season them with black pepper;
- Cut the prunes into random pieces and spread on the beef;
- Pieces of carrots fall asleep in the same pan, in which the meat was fried and fry for a couple of minutes;
- Putting carrots on top of prunes;
- Onion is also slightly fried and put on top of all the ingredients;
- Sprinkle all the peas with pepper, put a few cloves and a couple of leaves of laurel;
- Fill all with hot water, it should cover all components;
- We warm the oven to 180 degrees and remove the form there. We bake 2.5 hours.
- On average, beef meat is cooked for an hour and a half, it all depends on the age of the animal, if the meat is oldish, then it should be cooked for almost 2 hours;
- Also in the process of cooking we follow the sauce, if it boils away, you need to turn down the heat and add more water;
- Be sure to add a variety of spices, they will make the dish fragrant and very tasty.
Beef with prunes is cooked very simply and easily. The main thing in this business is to have good patience, then everything will turn out at the highest level. If you follow the recipe exactly, you will end up with a great holiday treat..