Our usual food ration today consists of completely different dishes that have come to us from all over the world, from the cuisines of different nations. Khashlama also applies to foreign cuisine, namely to the Armenian. But she is so good that the mistress around the world uses her recipe today..
Meat is prepared according to this recipe for several hours, but it turns out to be unforgettable. In this case, the use of oil is not required and the dish is considered dietary. It is best to take for him young veal or lamb. There are several ways to make delicious khashlama, you just have to choose which recipe to use and start cooking.!
|beef bone –||1 kg|
|bow –||2 heads|
|Bell pepper –||2 pieces|
|fresh meaty tomatoes –||3-4 pieces.|
|beer –||1 cup|
|water –||1 cup|
|parsley –||½ bunch|
|basil –||½ bunch|
|cilantro –||½ bunch|
|dill –||½ bunch|
|salt pepper –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 210 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 230 Kcal|
Armenian cuisine is known for its rich, hearty dishes, which for some reason are always incredibly tasty. Beef cooked this way will be a great lunch or dinner. Especially appreciate her men.
- Wash and prepare all the vegetables. Cut them into large rings;
- Rinse the meat well and cut into portions;
- Put a cauldron or pot with high sides on a big fire;
- Put all the products in a container in layers: first onion, then meat, spices and salt, tomatoes, pepper and completes all the greens (finely chopped). Then the layers are repeated until the pan allows;
- A glass of beer is poured along the walls of the pan, followed by water. Liquids are taken in the calculation of one glass per one kilogram of meat;
- As soon as the cauldron boils, reduce the heat to small, simmer for 2-3 hours until ready. Do not remove the cover. The older the meat, the more time it should stew;
- You can serve meat with vegetables and broth as a soup, and you can serve only the thick, leaving the broth for another time. Especially good broth will be on the morning after the holiday.
Khashlama with potatoes
Potatoes are a deviation from the classic recipe for Khashlama, but it doesn’t spoil at all, but becomes more satisfying. It is only important to add it at the end, not at the beginning, otherwise it will simply melt and turn into puree..
- veal (fillet or part with bone) – 1 kg;
- tomatoes – 6-8 pieces;
- onions – 6 small heads or 4 medium;
- 2 pcs. Bulgarian pepper;
- garlic head;
- parsley – 1 bunch;
- cilantro – ½ bunch;
- basil – 2 twigs;
- beer – 200 ml;
- water – 200 ml;
- salt, spices to taste;
- potatoes – 4 big pieces.
Elapsed time: 3 hours.
Calorie: 220 calories.
- Wash meat, cut into portions;
- Wash and chop vegetables: tomatoes – rings (save juice), chop up the pepper into thin straws, cut the onion into half rings, do not cut the potatoes, finely chop the greens;
- Put the tomatoes in a 3 cm layer in a saucepan, on top of them – onions, then pepper and greens;
- Salt the meat and add spices to taste, put on top of the greens;
- Transfer the meat to chopped garlic;
- On top of the meat again lay out the vegetables in layers: greens, peppers, onions, tomatoes;
- Mix beer with tomato juice and water, and pour the mixture into the pan;
- Let the dish boil, and then simmer under the lid for 2-3 hours;
- Put the potato in the whole dish an hour after it boils;
- After 3 hours, lay out in plates and serve hot..
Georgian version of the dish
Georgian cuisine, despite its territorial proximity, is still different from Armenian. In the Georgian version of this dish, vegetables are not used at all; Georgians, like real meat lovers, cook only it and do not “spoil” its taste with vegetables. So, how to cook khashlama from Georgian beef?
- kilogram of beef breast on the bone;
- a couple of art. spoons of acute adzhika;
- 3 pcs. bay leaf;
- salt and peppercorns to taste;
- 2 onions;
- water – 2 liters;
- 1 tbsp. l vinegar;
Elapsed time: 3.5 hours.
Calorie: 180 calories.
- Rinse the meat well, put in a deep pan and pour some water;
- Let the meat boil, remove the foam and continue to cook for another 3 hours only over low heat and cover the pan with a lid;
- After 2.5 hours, add salt, lavrushka and pepper to the meat;
- Remove the meat from the broth, cut into pieces and return to the pan;
- Onions cut into rings, pour vinegar for 10 minutes, then drain the liquid and squeeze the onion;
- Put meat on plates, sprinkle with chopped greens, onions and adzhika.
How to cook Hashlama in a slow cooker
A distinctive feature of Khashlama is the stewing of meat in its own juice..
It is this secret that makes the dish incredibly tasty. The Georgian version of the dish is prepared with the addition of meat, and the Armenian version with only a small addition..
In a slow cooker, you can cook an incredibly tasty beef precisely because water is not needed. Meat will not burn, and will be blinked in its own juice.
For this any multicooker will do. Let’s take a detailed look at how to cook beef khashlama in a slow cooker.
- 0.5 kg of beef;
- 3 medium tomatoes;
- 2 onions;
- 1 bell pepper;
- 1 eggplant;
- 1 carrot;
- a bunch of cilantro and parsley;
- salt to taste;
- hops-suneli to taste;
- 2 tbsp. l of sunflower oil.
Time for preparing:
Caloric content: 260 kcal.
- All products (vegetables, meat and greens), except for one tomato, cut into large pieces;
- Pour oil into the bowl of the slow cooker, put onions, tomatoes, peppers and carrots on top. Then eggplant and meat. Spread vegetables so that they are enough for two layers (the second will be on top of the meat);
- Sprinkle with salt, hops-suneli and part of greens;
- Then put the second layer of vegetables;
- Products do not mix or tamp;
- Close the lid with a multicooker and set the mode “Quenching” (in some multicookers it is replaced by the mode “Baking”);
- Set timer for 2 hours;
- 1.5 hours after the start, open the lid and lay out the remaining greens and the beautifully chopped remaining tomato;
- Cook until the timer signal;
- Serve hot.
Khashlama is a dish that every Caucasian people cook in their own way. Armenians – with vegetables, Georgians – in plenty of water, but each housewife can choose a recipe to taste. Especially easy to cook this dish, if you know not only the recipe, but also little tricks:
- Meat can be taken any – beef, lamb or pork. It all depends on the desired result;
- The more time the meat is cooked, the tastier it will end up;
- In the Armenian recipe, the most important thing to remember is that 1 cup of liquid falls on 1 kilogram of meat. It is important to respect the proportions in accuracy;
- When adding tomatoes to the cauldron, it is especially important to pour out the juice and their juice there in order to make the dish as juicier as possible;
- It is best to use a cauldron for cooking – it has a thick bottom and high walls, which allows the meat not to be burnt, but stewed in its own juice. And it is in a cauldron that many layers can be made, which also affects the taste;
- When adding potatoes to Khashlama, it is not necessary to cut it, otherwise during the whole cooking time it will turn into mashed potatoes. Cook whole potatoes only;
- Boil Khashlama should be on low heat and stew necessarily under the lid..
Armenian cuisine is especially impressive for men, because there is something they like there – a large amount of tasty meat and vegetables. Khashlama (no matter what recipe) is sure to appeal to any man..
And the appearance of beef khashlama on the holiday table will surely amaze all the guests. It’s not for nothing that Armenians necessarily include it in the wedding menu.!