Basturma is dried meat that can be stored without heat treatment. The dish is quite possible to cook yourself. Simplicity, simplicity of preparation and excellent taste are its main advantages..
Although there are some peculiarities of the recipe, but, having shown desire and patience, as a result, you can taste original and tasty dishes.
But a tasty delicacy has one drawback – it should take at least a week before thin plates of meat can be tried..
Recipe number 1
This dish of beef fillet can be attributed to the classic version of cooking, because this is how basturma was prepared in ancient times.
The main products – meat, salt, spices are taken in the following proportions:
- 600 grams of beef pulp;
- Half a liter of red wine;
- 3 tablespoons of salt;
- Spices: a teaspoon of chili pepper (ground), you will need chaman and sumac (also a teaspoon), a couple of garlic cloves, nut grass (1 tbsp. L.).
To roll basturma again, you will need:
- Red wine – 100 ml .;
- Salt and Chamah a teaspoon;
- Chili pepper and sumac – 2 teaspoons;
- Some flour.
Cooking marinade for the dish:
- Put salt, nut grass, chopped or crushed garlic and all other spices in the wine;
- Put the beef fillet into the container so that it is completely marinated.
Press filed on filet and sent to the cold.
About a week later, the salted meat should be rolled again in spices and “sent” to a dark ventilated room before it is wrapped in gauze. Here the basturma will “reach”.
Wine, salt, ground pepper, chaman and sumac, ground chili pepper, salt and flour are mixed for the second time to be rolled. By the way, you need to add flour so much that you get a thick “talker”. Next, you need to dip the beef.
You can go the other way: dunk meat in wine, and then in order in all of these products.
Now it’s time for the meat to air out in a convenient room for this, so that after three weeks you can taste the delicious basturma, after cutting it into thin strips.
Recipe number 2
The taste of jerky in this recipe will be slightly different, as other spices are added..
- Kilogram of beef;
- Liter of red wine (dry) +250 ml;
- 150 grams of flour;
- Salt, fenugreek, red pepper to taste;
- You can, if desired, add cumin, coriander, chopped garlic.
The cooking process at home looks like this:
- Beef cut into small portions, it can be up to 30 centimeters long;
- Salt generously. Lay in a glass dish, cover and put in a cool place for 5-6 hours;
- Then blot the meat with paper towels. In small pieces of beef, push small holes with a fork;
- Grate the meat with salt, pepper, add fenugreek and garlic;
- Pour wine, put under pressure for 6-7 days;
- Then blot all the pieces of meat with a paper towel, wrap in a clean cotton cloth. Put the meat on a tray or chopping board, and add oppression from above.
After 2-3 days, when the meat is finally salted, you need to hang a “garland”: put all the meat pieces on a strong string. Hang like this for at least 3 weeks.
- Kilogram of chicken meat (preferably breast);
- Head of garlic;
- A mixture of ground red and black peppers (to taste);
- Salt, fenugreek.
Spices are divided into two parts, since the meat will need to be rubbed 2 times.
Cooking chicken breast basturma:
- Prepare chicken fillet. It must be washed, dried, roll in spices;
- Fold in deep dishes and refrigerate;
- After 2 hours, take out the meat, drain the excess liquid, rinse the fillets again under running water and blot with paper towels;
- Suppress garlic. Good rub the chicken with spices, salt and garlic;
- Each piece of fillet must be wrapped in gauze and put all the meat under a press;
- After a day of salted meat do “garland”. After hanging the fillet pieces on a string, leave to dry in a well-ventilated and, preferably, warm place..
After a couple of days, the meat is ready – you can try.
It will take:
- Pork – 1 kilogram;
- Salt, chaman (about half a teaspoon), a mixture of black and red peppers;
- Garlic – 2 heads (grate, mince or crush).
- Pork rinse, dry with napkins;
- Grate the flesh with a spicy mixture of peppers, garlic, chaman, so that the whole piece is covered with spices;
- Sprinkle with salt, put in a deep bowl, send to a cold place where it will sprinkle for 4-5 days;
- After 5 days, the pork must be put into the water and steep for 2-3 hours. This is done so that excess salt, which is unevenly distributed outside, is dissolved;
- Soaked fillet reach, blot, wrap in gauze or other fabric and put under the press for several hours.
The next stage – the meat must be hung where there is a lot of air. Someone pre-smears the future booster with spicy spices before sending it to fade. Another option is to coat the spicy mixture with slightly dried meat..
Cook the spicy mixture. Mix all the spices, add a little boiling water and stir to get the consistency of sour cream or mayonnaise. Liberally smear the future delicacy and hang to dry for 1-3 weeks. How fast the dish will be cooked depends on the air temperature..
Basic rules for working with meat and tips
Spiced fillet put under the press. After the press the meat is dried: it must be hung in a ventilated place. If in the summer to take out pieces of meat on the street, then only not under direct sunshine.
To prevent flies and other insects from reaching basturma, wrap the pieces in gauze or other pure natural material..
Then the fabric is carefully removed, and the pieces are cut into plates – the treat is ready.
- Delicacy will be tasty only from high-quality meat;
- For the preparation of this dish, pork and chicken fillets are more often used, for example, beef basturma is cooked longer;
- Much depends on the salt solution, its concentration. To check if the salt is not laid less than you need, use a chicken egg. If the tip of the egg appears on the surface, then the solution is prepared correctly, and if not, add more salt;
- The marinade solution should completely cover the fillets;
- Be careful when eating very spicy foods. Not all such a set of spices fit without harm to health;
- For the preparation of a variety of spices are used, but they consider the most suitable: red ground pepper, garlic, savory, paprika, coriander;
- Meat is put under the press on a mandatory basis, so prepare a substantial load..
Spicy and unusual taste of meat can entertain guests and enjoy home. Basturma will decorate any table, and it is not only a very tasty dish, but also a dietary and low-calorie delicacy.