No wonder pearl barley called “royal”. It is not only healthy, but also very nutritious. And in combination with stew, it becomes really tasty..
|pearl barley –||450 g|
|pork or beef stew –||500 g|
|bulb –||1 big|
|carrot –||1 PC.|
|vegetable oil or olive –||15 ml|
|water –||850 ml|
|salt pepper –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 240 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 294 Kcal|
Steps and steps for making barley with a stew in a slow cooker:
- pour the cereal into a deep container. Pour cool water to the brim. It is better if the water is boiled or filtered. Leave to insist on the grits for several hours; 3-4 hours will be optimal. This must be done in advance;
- in the meantime prepare the vegetables. Peel and chop the onion. Wash carrots well. Then it must be thoroughly cleaned, and then grated. Better than large, otherwise the onion will give a lot of juice;
- add vegetable oil to the multicooker bowl;
- install the program “Frying”, warm up the oil for 1-2 minutes;
- add chopped onion and grated carrot to butter, mix;
- fry vegetables in the same mode for 7-10 minutes. During frying the lid must be open;
- while vegetables are being cooked, prepare the stew. To do this, separate the meat from the fat. Cut the meat itself, then make sure that the pieces do not turn out too small, approximately 2 to 3 cm in length;
- add meat to vegetables. Fry for about 2 minutes, but with the lid closed;
- after that, drain the water from the soaked barley. Using a strainer, rinse well again with water;
- add cereal to vegetables and meat. Pour water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set the mode “Quenching” or “Porridge” (depending on the model of multicooker). Cover, extinguish time 60 minutes;
- during cooking do not open the lid and do not mix the contents;
- after the beep, check the readiness of cereals. If it is already quenched, mix all the ingredients. In case the barley is a bit stiff, put it out for another 7-20 minutes;
- serve ready-made barley with stew hot. Optionally, the dish can be decorated with vegetables.
How to cook barley with chicken stew and garlic in a multicooker Redmond
Barley in combination with chicken stew turns out tender and tasty. Garlic gives spice and special taste to the finished dish.
- pearl barley – 450 grams;
- chicken stew – 550 grams;
- onion – 1 large piece or 2 small ones;
- carrots – 1 large piece or 2 small ones;
- vegetable oil or olive – 2 tablespoons;
- water – 800 ml;
- sour cream 20% fat – 4 tablespoons;
- garlic – 2 or 3 cloves;
- salt, pepper to taste.
Cooking time: 3-4 hours to prepare, 60 minutes to prepare the dish itself..
Caloric content per 100 grams: 270 kcal.
Stages and preparation steps:
- in advance, before cooking, pour pearl barley with boiled water at room temperature. However, it is better if it is filtered water. Leave for 4 hours;
- Wash carrots and onions, then peel them. Finely chop the onion; chop the carrot;
- to give a garlic consistency to garlic using a garlic crush;
- heat up for a few minutes the vegetable oil in the crock-pot in the “Frying” mode;
- add chopped vegetables. Stir and fry for 7-8 minutes with the lid open, stirring occasionally with a spatula;
- in a separate bowl, mix sour cream and garlic;
- add the mixture to the vegetables. Stir gently. Fry in the same way under the closed lid for 2-3 minutes;
- while vegetables are being cooked, prepare the meat. Separate the stew from the fat, cut the meat itself into cubes of about 3 cm;
- add meat. At its discretion, salt and pepper. Stir the stew with vegetables with a spatula;
- drain the stew. Add cereal to meat and vegetables;
- pour water over the ingredients. Do not mix;
- cook on the program “Quenching” under the lid closed for 60 minutes. If, after this time is over, the cereal will be damp, continue cooking on the same program for another 7-20 minutes;
- when the dish is ready, mix all the contents thoroughly;
- Decorate with sliced vegetables and herbs before serving..
A few tips, thanks to which the finished stew dish with barley will turn out even more tasty and fragrant:
- do not chop the stew too much. Otherwise, it is divided into fibers and it will not be noticeable in the finished porridge;
- As a seasoning, you can add a little hops-suneli. This fragrant spice will add spice to the finished dish;
- if instead of vegetable oil to use olive oil, ready-made barley with stewed meat will be more tasty and useful;
- Do not use raw water. It must be boiled or filtered;
- When cooking barley with stew in a slow cooker, do not use too much salt. It is worth remembering that the stew itself is already salty;
- the finished dish will look even better if you decorate it with chopped parsley when serving.
Enjoy your meal!