Few people know how to cook barley porridge in a slow cooker unusually tasty: someone with the same kind of associations with the school cafeteria, and some even hear about such cereals for the first time.
And in vain! After all, barley porridge contains a huge amount of vitamins and minerals essential for the body. It can affect the removal of dangerous toxins from the body, it is recommended for baby food, as well as those who follow a diet..
This cereal is extremely useful and tasty, you just have to try to cook it properly and with little tricks..
How is it still useful??
- Reduces pressure;
- It improves the skin;
- Cleans the body of toxins;
- Helps fight depression;
- Useful for the thyroid gland;
- Promotes normal functioning of the digestive tract;
- Lowers cholesterol;
- Saturates for a long time;
- Suitable for baby foods.
|Barley grits –||300 g|
|Boiled water –||650 ml|
|Salt –||1 tsp.|
|Fruit or dried fruit –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 75 Kcal|
Cooking barley porridge on the water is very simple and fast. Many hostesses like to experiment and add various additional ingredients to it, for example, fruits, dried fruits, berries, etc..
- First you need to take a separate container, in which you need to pour the porridge. Rinse the grits thoroughly until the water in the container of porridge becomes almost transparent;
- Put the cereal in a multi-cooker and fill it with water diluted with salt;
- Turn on the mode “Milk porridge” and set for 40 minutes;
- After 40 minutes, give the gruel another 10-15 minutes..
Tip # 1: To make the food more razvaristym, it is worth pouring a little more water.
Tip number 2: In the finished porridge, you can add butter, then you will be able to achieve a rich taste and satiety.
Advice №3: It is advisable for children to make ready-made gruel with warm milk, sprinkle with sugar and put a piece of butter.
Tip # 4: If the porridge is cold or everyone is already full, you can fry it in butter in a frying pan with eggs and / or sausages. In this case, get a new dish..
Barley porridge with milk
Dish on milk in a slow cooker is perfect for both adults and children..
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- Barley groats – 1 multi-glass;
- Milk 2.5% – 1 liter;
- Salt – ½ tsp;
- Sugar – to taste;
- Butter – 50 gr.
Cooking time = 60 minutes.
100 gr. = 120 kcal.
- Take a special container and fill it with cereal. Rinse thoroughly, preferably to clean water;
- Add salt, sugar to the washed cereal and pour cold milk into the container. To mix everything;
- Melt the butter and pour it into the bowl of porridge;
- Close all the lid, select the “Milk porridge” mode on the display and set for 30-40 minutes;
- After the porridge is ready, leave it to simmer for 20 minutes..
Tip # 1: Oil can be added when serving to make the dish more nourishing, and the taste becomes more saturated..
Tip number 2: Sugar can be replaced with honey, the taste does not change much, and the benefits of cereal will only be more.
Tip number 3: Such a gruel can crush the blender and give to children from 7-8 months, as complementary foods.
Tip number 4: Milk can be diluted with water in the ratio of 50 to 50.
How to cook barley porridge with meat
To make the meatball tasty, when cooking, the main thing – to avoid the effect of bonding. Multicooker Redmond is great for such a difficult task. The main thing is to let the gruel go, because only after languishing it becomes so tasty..
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- Barley grain – 1 multi-glass;
- Pulp of meat – 300 gr;
- Onions – 1 pc;
- Carrot – 1 pc;
- Water – 600 ml;
- Greens – according to personal taste;
- Salt, spices – to taste.
Cooking time = 90 minutes.
100 gr. = 234 kcal.
- Wash vegetables clean. Put the “Baking” mode and fry the vegetables for 7 minutes;
- Wash the pulp well and dry with paper towels, then cut into small pieces and add to the vegetables to stew for 15 minutes;
- While the meat is being cooked, it is necessary to rinse the cereal, mix it with salt and spices, and after 15 minutes pour it into the meat;
- Pour water and put on the mode “Krupa” for 50 minutes;
- After 50 minutes, mix and leave to simmer for 10 minutes;
- The dish is ready. Serve hot.
Tip # 1: Other vegetables can also be added to the onions and carrots, such as tomatoes..
Tip number 2: During the stew is recommended 2-3 times to thoroughly prevent the porridge.
How to cook diet porridge from barley cereal
Most people, when they hear about diet food, immediately think of its tastelessness, but women on diets should know that low-calorie does not mean tasteless, the main thing is to be able to cook correctly. Since barley groats are only 75 kcal, almost all nutritionists advise those who are overweight..
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- Barley grain – 1 cup;
- Water – 500 ml;
- Salt is a pinch;
- Honey – 1 tsp;
- Butter – ½ tsp.
Cooking time = 1 hour.
100 gr. = 102 kcal.
- Pour the cereal into a separate cup and rinse well. If necessary, soak;
- Pour the clean cereal into a multi-cooker bowl, add water and add salt;
- Select the mode “Milk porridge” and set to stew for 40-50 minutes;
- After cooking, leave the porridge in the slow cooker for 10–15 minutes, then remove it and put it on the plate;
- In a finished gruel put a spoon of honey and half a teaspoon of butter. Mix well and serve..
Tip # 1: Many add a couple of pieces of fruit, berries, or nuts to satiate and enhance the taste..
Tip # 2: Honey can be replaced with sugar or sugar substitute, however, then the calorie content of the dish will increase, and the benefits will decrease..
Tip number 3: Water can be replaced with non-fat whole milk.
Useful tips when cooking yachki
Prepare a delicious dish of cereals, in fact, the matter is very simple. The main thing is to follow some tips:
- Before cooking, barley porridge is always better to soak for a while, so all dirt and bacteria will come out of it, and only vitamins and minerals will remain. Or rinse well;
- It does not matter if porridge is cooked in water or milk, vitamins and minerals are preserved in both cases;
- When cooking cereals for baby foods, you should make sure that the child does not have allergies, and the porridge should be thoroughly crushed;
- For diseases of the stomach or intestines should consult a doctor before use;
- Abuse of this type of cereal can cause rapid weight gain..
Barley porridge does not pose any threat to the body, if there are no specific contraindications for its use. However, everything is good in moderation, and barley porridge is no exception. With proper preparation and use, the yachka becomes not only useful, but every gourmet also likes!
Enjoy your meal!