Barbecue is one of the most popular dishes cooked in nature. Many believe that the real kebab is made only from meat, but this is a wrong judgment..
Shish kebab made from chicken liver is no less tasty and fragrant. And besides, even kids eat it with pleasure, who, as a rule, do not like liver very much.
Liver kebab has a number of its subtleties in cooking:
- In no case should offal be marinated using vinegar or wine, since the liver in this case will lose its natural taste and aroma;
- in order for the liver not to burn, before cooking it is necessary to examine it carefully – if you see the presence of white veins, carefully remove them;
- dishes from liver and other by-products do not like surplus in spices and spices: salt and pepper will be quite enough;
- The preparation of chicken liver shish kebab requires special attention at the moment of frying – it should occur quickly, no more than 10-15 minutes. Since the liver is a very delicate product that is able to dry out quickly. As soon as the blood stops piercing the piece, the kebab is ready.
|chicken liver (chilled) –||2 kg|
|mayonnaise sauce “Provence 67%” –||400 ml|
|rock salt –||taste|
|Red onion –||3 heads|
|pepper mix –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 45 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 153 Kcal|
If you have not yet tried a liver kebab cooked on the grill, be sure to hurry to cook it, you will be delighted!
- Prepare a by-product. Carefully release it from the veins and all the “hauling”. Pay your attention to the fact that cutting the liver into pieces is not worth it, it should remain whole;
- Chop onion with large rings lightly salt and mix with the prepared liver;
- Season the prepared ingredients for the future shish kebab with mayonnaise sauce, mix and leave for 30 minutes – this time will be enough for marinating the liver;
- After the specified time, carefully string the pieces of pickled liver on a skewer, alternating them with onion rings;
- Fry barrels by-product over hot charcoals, constantly turning the skewer around its axis. It is very important not to dry the kebab over the coals – 10-15 minutes will be quite enough.
Skewers in bacon
A kebab made from chicken liver is much cheaper than the usual meat kebab. But to taste it is not inferior. Especially gourmets will appreciate the liver kebab wrapped in fragrant pieces of bacon. This dish is prepared fairly quickly, and the result from the finished dish will exceed all your expectations! The liver is aromatic, juicy and savory due to the bacon “wrapper”.
- chicken liver – 0.5 kg;
- bacon – 20 strips;
- coarse salt;
- freshly ground black pepper – 10 g.
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
Calories per 100 g: 155 kcal.
- Wash the liver, lightly drain (blotting with paper towels), salt it and freshly ground black pepper;
- Gently mix the liver, evenly distributing salt and pepper;
- Take the bacon strips and alternately wrap in each of them pieces of chicken liver;
- After all the pieces are wrapped, place them on the barbecue grid and, as it should, secure with the top grill. The mount must be reliable so that in the process of turning the net, the liver skewers do not fall out;
- Place the barbecue grid over the grill with hot coals and quickly fry the chicken liver shish kebab by turning the grid twice. For the preparation of this type of barbecue will take no more than 15 minutes;
- Carefully remove the pieces of liver skewer wrapped in bacon strips (being careful not to damage or turn the bacon) and put it on the dish, serve to the table, complementing your favorite soft drinks and garnish of baked potatoes.
Mix with hearts in the oven on skewers
The advantages of such dishes as kebab from chicken liver and hearts has a lot of advantages. The first is its relative cheapness..
Secondly – it is the speed of its preparation. And, of course, it’s impossible not to appreciate what this dish can be cooked in any way convenient for you: on the grill, in a pan or, as we describe below, in the oven.
So you can safely choose the method of heat treatment that will be convenient for you.
- a mixture of chicken hearts and liver – 1 kg;
- coarse salt;
- onions – 2 pcs .;
- fresh unsalted lard – 0.2 kg;
- mayonnaise sauce 67% – 300 ml.
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
Caloric content per 100 g: 145 kcal.
- Chicken hearts and liver thoroughly rinse off the remnants of blood clots, drain off excess liquid and season with salt and mayonnaise sauce;
- Chop onion rings and add to offal. Stir;
- Cut the lard into thin slices and string with onions and by-products on wooden skewers, previously soaked in water.
- Put the wooden skewers on a baking sheet and send in preheated to 1800With oven;
- Bake chicken kebab and hearts for 20 minutes;
- Put the prepared shish kebab on a serving dish, directly with skewers on which it was prepared, and serve it to the table.
- garnish with chicken liver and heart skewers is best suited for fresh vegetables, presented in the form of sliced. They are the best able to shade the natural and peculiar taste of these by-products;
- This type of kebab belongs to the category of dietary dishes, so if you are watching your health and body shape – do not use mayonnaise sauce for marinating the liver;
- if you plan to fry kebabs on skewers – give your preference to wood. They are environmentally friendly and not susceptible to oxidation. But it is worth remembering that in order for skewers not to burn in the process of frying, they should be soaked in cold water for several hours;
- if offal for cooking kebabs were pre-frozen, then they should be thawed directly in the refrigerator. This is necessary in order not to disturb the internal structure of by-products at the time of defrosting. Otherwise, the liver will not hold the structure and will tear easily at the time of stringing it on the skewer..
Enjoy your meal!