Pork is considered one of the most common types of meat, its useful components contribute to the development of health (physical) and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases..
Benefits, harms and calories of the pork tongue
The by-product is a supplier of active substances and vitamins of group B, E, PP. It also contains calcium, iron, manganese and cobalt..
The caloric content of the offal is 208 kcal per 100 grams, which is 10% of the required calories for an adult per day..
The benefit of the product is not only in the presence of vitamins and biologically active substances, but also in the fact that delicacy is a supplier of protein in the body. Pork tongue should be used by athletes, adolescents (especially during active growth), as well as people who have recently suffered severe injuries. A properly prepared by-product can even be included in baby food..
Due to the large amount of cholesterol, the product is contraindicated for use in atherosclerosis, since, once in the body, it turns into harmful cholesterol. Swine tongue is contraindicated for use in people who have liver problems, as well as gastritis and cholecystitis. In addition, there is a lot of histamine in the by-product, and in turn it provokes the occurrence of allergic reactions, abscesses, eczema, phlegnous and dermatitis.
Choice and preparation for cooking
Buying meat in a specialized shop, you should not expect reefs, as all products on the counter are tested. The only advice before buying: the product should not be frozen, but cooled.
When buying in the market, pay attention to the following criteria:
- on the reverse side, the meat should be red;
- moderately dense;
- and without foreign aromas.
It is very likely that the product will be fresh in this case, but you should ask the seller for a certificate or certificate from the veterinarian..
Certain problems may arise with preparing the language for cooking. For example, if a part of the larynx is present in the tongue, then it must be removed. To facilitate the process, it is better to soak the product in cold water for several hours. During this time it is necessary to change the water several times. After rinsing the tongue with a brush. To ensure cleanliness, pour some soda in, but be sure to rinse the tongue thoroughly so that there is no residue..
How long do boil the pork tongue until ready?
The preparation time of the by-product is on average from 1.5 to 2 hours. After cooking, be sure to remove from the tongue a thick layer of skin. The duration of the heat treatment process also depends on the kitchen device. For example, in a multi-cooker with the “Quenching” mode, the product will be cooked for 1.5 hours, and in a double boiler for at least two hours.
How to cook by-product
Boil the gourmet byproduct can be three ways described below..
In the pan:
- Clean and rinse tongue under cold water;
- Fill the pot with water and bring the liquid to a boil. After submerged in water, the liquid should be 2-3 cm higher;
- Bring to a boil again;
- Cook over low heat;
- If desired, you can throw the vegetables, spices and seasonings for the aroma;
- Boil for about 2 hours without raising the heat;
- When ready, immediately separate the skin.
In the slow cooker:
- Washed tongue put in the bowl of the kitchen apparatus;
- Fill with water so that it completely covers the by-product and is several centimeters higher;
- Salt, if desired, throw your favorite spices;
- Turn on the mode “Quenching”, timer 1 hour;
- After notification of readiness to remove the skin.
In a double boiler:
- Before cooking the pork offal in a double boiler, rinse it thoroughly with cold water;
- Then, spread out the tongue in the compartment for heat treatment of cereals and cook for two hours;
- After putting next to the onion, carrots, chopped bunch of parsley; spices, bay leaf, salt;
- And continue cooking for another hour.
How to cook pork tongue to be soft
In order for the delicacy after cooking to turn out soft, you must follow the following instructions:
- Boil by-product for 15 minutes in boiling water;
- Drain, rinse the cooking dish thoroughly, refill it with liquid and repeat the procedure. This technique improves the quality of the broth, which can later be used to cook soups;
- Repeated cooking should be carried out on medium heat. As soon as the liquid begins to boil, a foam will begin to form, which must be periodically removed;
- After that, reduce the heat to minimum and lay your favorite vegetables, roots, spices and seasonings;
- For a golden shade of broth near the bulb, only husks should be removed;
- Do not forget to add laurel leaves, pepper, cumin seeds, dill, coriander and a few peas of black pepper for the aroma;
- Salt is needed only after the by-product becomes sufficiently soft;
- Cover the pan with a lid, and cook until tender in simmering mode..
How to check readiness: with a fork to make pricks in different places. If the process is effortless, the meat is ready..
After the readiness of the product is checked, it is necessary to immerse it in cold, practically ice-cold water for a couple of minutes. Thus, you will facilitate the process of removing the film. It is necessary to remove only the top layer. If you guessed readily, then cleaning will take place quickly. If the tongue is slightly undercooked, the film will have to be cleaned with a kitchen knife..
|pork tongue (pre boil) –||2 pcs.|
|boiled eggs –||2 pcs.|
|cucumber –||2 pcs.|
|cheese –||50 g|
|sour cream –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 20 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 120 Kcal|
- Finely chop by-product;
- Dice cucumber and eggs;
- Cheese grate;
- Put a layer of cucumber on the dish, then a layer of tongue;
- Spread sliced eggs on top and sprinkle with cheese.
Interesting facts and cooking tips
- when cooking broth, the tongue is dipped only in cold water. Thus, it gives all the nutrients;
- in any case, do not use the product undercooked or undercooked, as it may remain larvae, which are the causative agents of trichinosis;
- cleaning of the product should occur only after boiling. Pre-hold the tongue under a stream of cold water and begin to remove the whitish skins;
- For flavor during cooking, you can add spices and seasonings. They are usually laid in cold water at the beginning of the process or directly with the main ingredient;
- salt is better after the secondary boiling of water;
- pig meat and tongue become safe to eat when heated to 72 ° C;
- swine tongue is considered a gourmet offal. Its weight varies from 200 to 400 grams.
Enjoy your meal!