Every year in Russia, traditionally, the celebration of the Day of the Resurrection of Christ is held. As many know, for this holiday the table is usually decorated with painted eggs, Easter cakes and cottage cheese Easter cakes. All this is accompanied by a visit to the church and various festivities..
However, you can also put on the table excellent pastries – special Easter cakes, each of which is a work of art in its own way. According to the old tradition, they should never be cooked on the last day. The whole Holy Week should be aimed at preparing for the day of Easter..
That is why by the Sabbath it is advisable to have a baked cake in order to go to church on Saturday and consecrate it. Put this cake in the center of the table with a very beautiful bright tablecloth. At the same time, the number of dishes on the table must be abundant and even overshadow the central.
|flour –||400 g|
|egg –||4 things.|
|dry yeast –||1 table l.|
|raisins –||110 g|
|orange –||1 PC.|
|powdered sugar –||3 tablespoons.|
|milk –||110 ml|
|almond petals –||2 tablespoons.|
|Time for preparing: 120 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 287 Kcal|
Straight from our childhood, this cake will be a real boon for the Easter table. Intertwine its strands beautifully and boldly serve as your main table decoration..
The recipe for a delicious Easter cake with raisins step by step:
- Using a grater, remove the whole zest from the orange. To prepare the raisins, it should be washed and soaked in warm water. This will help him to swell a little, after which everything should be dried with a paper towel;
- Put the butter in the water bath and mix it together with the milk. Leave 1, 5 spoons, they will be needed later. The oil mixture should cool down;
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: yeast, flour and sugar. After this, gradually stir in the milky oil mixture and the three eggs. Stir the dough in a sharp chopping motion;
- Put all the dough on the table, which is lightly sprinkled with flour. Stir for 10 minutes, then turn the dough into a rectangle. Take the fourth part of the raisins and zest and scatter it on a rectangle.
- Wrap the corners of the dough alternately to the center, folding it like an envelope. After that, add the remaining ingredients and knead again until the raisins are distributed evenly over the dough;
- Turn the dough into a ball and pack it in film. Leave in the fridge for an hour. Divide the prepared dough into 2 parts. Each of these parts will need to be divided by another 3. Small balls will need to be turned into rather long cords approximately 35 cm long;
- From the dough you need to make braids: the resulting mass is enough for 2 pieces. Cover with a towel. Pigtails will fit within an hour. During this time, you should beat the milk with 1 egg. This egg mixture must be lubricated pigtails. Bake them for about half an hour. Cooking temperature 180 degrees. Allow the braids to cool and grease with icing: mix powdered sugar with milk. Sprinkle all the almond petals..
Easter cake with cottage cheese
If you admit to yourself honestly, then the traditional Easter and Easter cakes have long become boring to many. That is why you should try this cake: it combines both of these dishes at once, and therefore is much more tasty than its counterparts.
- flour – 180 g;
- butter – 100 g;
- sahar – 75 g .;
- egg – 1 pc;
- baking powder and salt;
- cottage cheese – 250 g;
- yolk – 2 pieces;
- milk – 2/3 cup;
- starch – 1 tsp;
- orange peel – 0.5 tables. l .;
- candied lemon – 1 table.l .;
- vanilla sugar and cinnamon.
Cooking time: 3 hours.
Caloric content: 355 Kcal.
A simple recipe for Easter cake with cottage cheese in steps:
- To prepare the dough, you will need to sift the flour together with the baking powder. Add chilled butter and sugar to it. Rub everything together, until you get enough wet crumbs. Then add another egg and knead the dough. After getting a homogeneous mass, wrap it in a film and leave it in the fridge for an hour;
- For the filling, mix a couple of egg yolks and 50 g of sugar. Rub everything until cream turns white. Then add starch and a spoonful of flour for thickening. While beating continuously, slowly pour in the heated milk;
- Pour everything into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Wait until the mixture becomes thicker, and remove the pan from the heat. Add a little butter and let it cool. During this time, beat the cottage cheese with sugar and add spices, zest and the remaining yolks. Mix cottage cheese with cream and whisk well. After that, lemon candied fruits are added to the filling;
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Roll one of them and put in a form. Make the sides and lay out the stuffing. From the second half of the dough, you need to make a lattice for a pie crust. Put it on top of the cake and bake for half an hour. The temperature is 180 degrees. After an hour of baking, it is advisable to cover the cake with foil and continue to bake in closed form..
Spinach and Egg Pie
- muk – 3 stak .;
- vegetable oil – 2 table. l .;
- eggs – 8 pcs .;
- spinach – 800 g;
- Parmesan – 100 g;
- stale bun – 1 pc .;
- milk – 100 ml;
- ricotta – 400 g;
- butter – 50 g;
- thyme, salt and pepper.
Time: 130 minutes.
Caloric content: 285 Kcal.
How to cook such a cake for Easter:
- To make the dough, sift the flour with salt. Add vegetable oil and a glass of water. It should knead enough elastic dough. Divide it into 12 balls, each cover with a towel and leave in a warm place for an hour;
- While preparing the dough, start making the filling. For her, rinse the spinach, then stew it a little in the pan. After that, cool the spinach, cut into small pieces and season with salt, pepper and thyme;
- Stir the bun soak in a glass of milk. When it softens, squeeze the crumb and add a couple of eggs and half of grated Parmesan. Ricotta must also be added to this mixture;
- Roll the dough into a cake, then stretch it with your hands. It should be put in shape, making small bumpers. Grease everything with oil and do the same with the other 6 balls of dough;
- Put the spinach on the topmost cake, and then add the cheese mass. Make it 6 grooves. In each of them, place a small piece of butter and 1 egg. Salt and put the remaining grated Parmesan;
- The remaining dough also roll and put on the filling. Edge a good pinch and grease with oil. Make small holes in the crust and bake for 75 minutes at 180 degrees.
Easter cake with poppy seeds
If you take a simple yeast dough and poppy seeds, you can create a terrific pie. And in order for it to be not only beautiful, but also very tasty, make it in the shape of a flower and cover it with sweet icing.
- flour – 400 g;
- milk – 250 ml;
- sahar – 0.25 stack;
- dry yeast – 1 pack .;
- vegetable oil – ¼ stack .;
- vanilla sugar – 1 pack .;
- 1 yolk;
- poppy – 50 g;
- sugar for the filling – 50 g;
- egg white – 1 pc;
- icing sugar – 70 g;
- lemon juice – 1 tsp;
- confectionery dressing.
Time: 2 hours.
Caloric content: 340 Kcal.
The recipe for Easter baking step by step:
- The first step is to make yeast dough. In order for it to quickly rise, dissolve the yeast in warm milk and mix everything well. After that comes the turn of both types of sugar, salt and vegetable oil. Bring to a uniform consistency;
- Sift the flour and add it to the mixture. Knead the dough very carefully. Cover it with a towel and leave for an hour until it rises;
- For the filling it will be necessary to thoroughly wash the poppy. Just put it in gauze and make a bag. It will need to hold in boiling water for about 30 minutes. Remove and leave to cool. Ready poppy mix with sugar using a coffee grinder;
- During this time, the dough should already come. It is necessary to roll it into a layer and lubricate it a little. Put the filling in the cake and roll it into a roll. Tighten all sides carefully and make a ring;
- Put parchment on a baking sheet and put the ring on it. Cut its edges and leave the cake for about 20 minutes so that it will finally fit. Grease a yolk crust and bake for 25 minutes in the oven. Temperature 180. Wait until the crust is browned;
- To prepare the glaze you need to mix protein, powder and lemon juice. All this must be whipped before a strong foam. Pour the cooled cake with this icing and sprinkle with a sprinkle for beauty..
Casathello or Italian Easter Cake
Not only Russia has its own special culinary traditions on Easter. For example, in Italy they bake a wonderful cake filled with sausage and cheese.
- flour – 500 g;
- yeast – 1 pack .;
- water – 200 ml;
- pork fat – 50 g;
- hard cheese – 150 g;
- salami – 150 g;
- egg – 3 pieces;
- sesame and salt.
Time: 4 hours.
Caloric content: 280 Kcal.
How to cook Casathello for Easter:
- First you should make a simple yeast dough. For him, dissolve the yeast in warm water;
- In a separate bowl, pour the sifted flour. Make a well in it and add pork fat, pepper and salt. After that, pour the water with yeast and mix everything well. Cover it with a towel and leave to rise for an hour;
- For the filling, cut the sausage and cheese into small cubes. When the dough comes, it will be necessary to leave part of the dough. The rest of the roll in the layer, its thickness should be not less than a centimeter. Put the stuffing on the dough and roll everything into a roll. Make a ring and leave it to fit for about a couple of hours;
- At the end of this time, lay eggs on the dough. The shell will need to be washed well. Make a small puncture in each of them. From the left dough, make strips that will fix the eggs on the cake. Put on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sesame;
- Preheat the oven to 160 and set the cake to cook for 10 minutes. After that, increase the temperature by 10 degrees and cook for about 50 more minutes. Eggs are removed and cleaned when served..
Any pastry made for Easter will never be superfluous. This holiday in its own way honors pastries, especially bread. It has long been considered sacred food, so feel free to experiment with different pies.
When cooking cakes, give preference to yeast dough. That it is considered the most suitable for this holiday..