Holidays – a time when many housewives think about what to cook and put on the table. Pie with cheese and chicken meat is such a tasty, but at the same time easy to prepare dish.
|salt and spices –||taste|
|flour –||300 grams|
|bow –||4 pieces|
|egg –||1 piece|
|vegetable oil –||30 milliliters|
|butter –||150 grams|
|cheese –||150 grams|
|baking powder –||10 g|
|sour cream –||150 milliliters|
|chicken fillet –||0.4 kilogram|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 192 Kcal|
This recipe makes pastries, in which not only the filling is tasty, but also the dough itself. It can be served for dinner or you can create this culinary masterpiece on the weekend to pamper all family members..
- In a bowl, drive one egg, put salt, a teaspoon of baking powder, flour and then mix everything, pour sour cream and 100 grams of butter, pre-melt it in a microwave, knead the dough, wrap it in a film and put it in a refrigerator for half an hour;
- Wash the fillets, put them in a saucepan, add water, salt and cook for 40 minutes, let cool for a little and cut into cubes;
- Put the remaining piece of butter in the pan, add vegetable to it, heat it, put onion sliced in half rings, sprinkle with thyme, spices and salt, fry;
- Roll out the dough to fit the form, put it into it, sprinkle with meat, onion, grated cheese, put in the oven for 40 minutes.
Baking will be much tastier if instead of one cheese to use two different types, and so that it does not burn, it is best to bake at 190 degrees.
Chicken, Mushroom & Cheese Pie
For the pies, you can use different fillings, but a particularly tasty combination is obtained from chicken, cheese and champignons.
- 1 glass of milk;
- 1 egg;
- 0.2 kilograms of butter;
- 30 grams of sesame;
- 200 grams of feta;
- 0.25 kilogram of champignons;
- 350 grams of chicken meat;
- 200 grams of cheese;
- 0.8 kg of flour.
Cooking time: 2 hours.
Calories per 100 grams: 209 kcal.
- Melt the butter to room temperature, add milk, soda, salt and flour to it, knead a dense, but at the same time soft dough and put in the refrigerator for 40 minutes;
- Fry the diced onion, put to it mushrooms, cut into plates, cook for 12 minutes;
- Chicken fillet and feta cheese cut into small cubes;
- Put the dough out of the fridge, divide it into two parts;
- Most of the roll and put it in shape, put on top mushrooms, meat, Fet, sprinkle with grated cheese;
- Roll out the second part of the dough and cover it with the dough, pinch the edges with your fingers, brush the top with a beaten egg, and decorate with sesame on top;
- Place the cake in the oven for 50 minutes.
In many ways, the baking time depends on the characteristics of the oven, you need to focus not only on time, but also on the appearance of the cake – its crust should have a golden tint.
Pie with chicken and cheese in a slow cooker
A fragrant, juicy chicken pie is sure to be loved by children and adults. With the help of a slow cooker, it can be prepared quite quickly and simply..
- 0.5 cup of kefir;
- 0.4 kilograms of chicken fillet;
- 2.5 cups of flour;
- 250 grams of cheese;
- 1 pack of butter;
- 0.5 cup sour cream.
Cooking time: 3 hours.
Calories per 100 grams: 189 kcal.
- Put the oil in a container, put it in a water bath and melt;
- Pour kefir and sour cream in a bowl, throw a pinch of soda and salt into this mass and allow to stand for 10 minutes, pour in oil;
- Add sifted flour to kefir and sour cream, make dough and let it stand in the fridge for 2 hours;
- Cut the meat into slices, season it and sprinkle with salt;
- Roll out the dough in 2 cakes, first put in the bowl, put the meat on it, grated cheese, cover with the second, pinch the edges and make punctures;
- Enable the slow cooker for 100 minutes in the “baking” mode.
Ready cake you need to immediately get it and let it stand under a towel so that it becomes even softer and more tender..
For the preparation of pies with chicken and cheese is best to use the dough, which is kneaded on the basis of sour-dairy products: kefir, sour cream, whey. To make the baking taste better and richer, you can put bran or rye flour in it.
The cakes will be thin and crispy if you add only one egg to the dough and make it rather steep..
Baking stuffing can be made only from chicken meat and cheese, or you can add other ingredients to it – onions, mushrooms, as well as all sorts of sauces, broths, and cream, which will make the cake not only savory, but also very tender.
To make the cake more tasty, you can add more than one type of cheese to the filling.
If the dough is kneaded rather steep, then it can be rolled out using a regular bottle filled with ice water – so the mass will not stick to the hands, which are lubricated with oil. In addition, on top of it you can put a sheet of parchment paper and roll through it, then the dough is wound on a rolling pin and immediately laid out in the form.
Chicken meat for pies can be used raw, but it is best to boil it in advance in water with salt and allow it to cool slightly. After that, the fillet is cut into pieces of the desired size, well sprinkled with salt, as well as various seasonings – thyme, pepper, dried greens, and then thoroughly mixed.