This dish can pave the way to the heart of any man, especially since there are many variants of mincemeat pies. Among the baking options there are both more labor-intensive from yeast dough, and not requiring any fuss with dough or flour at all – from thin Armenian lavash.
|For yeast dough: –|
|fresh yeast –||15 g|
|sugar sand –||10 g|
|salt –||3 g|
|drinking water –||450 ml|
|wheat flour –||500 g|
|For juicy meat filling: –|
|ground beef (beef, pork, poultry or assorted) –||600 g|
|onions –||150 g|
|beef broth –||50 ml|
|ketchup –||30 g|
|vegetable oil –||30 ml|
|salt and pepper –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 220 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 151 Kcal|
In this pie, tender yeast dough is combined, which remains soft for a long time (as soon as it is taken out of the oven) without growing stale and juicy meat stuffing.
In order to better preserve meat juices in minced meat in the finished cake, you should not buy the finished product, it is better to let the meat through the grill with large holes.
The algorithm of all the processes of baking the cake with minced meat in the oven:
- A long period is mixing the yeast dough, so you should start with it. First, you need to activate the yeast: dissolve the yeast with sugar in 50 ml of lukewarm water and send the container with the liquid into heat until the foam cap appears (a maximum of 20 minutes is required);
- Pour the remaining water into a deep bowl, dissolve the salt in it, then pour the awakened yeast into it, stir it. After that, you can enter the flour (in small portions no more than 100 grams) and knead the dough;
- When the dough will be difficult to stir with a spoon, put it on the table and continue kneading until it rolls into a soft and elastic bun;
- Put the dough ball in a greased bowl and leave to warm until the volume doubles;
- While the dough matures, it’s time to do the filling. In a hot frying pan with a small amount of vegetable (sunflower) oil, fry the stuffing for 10 minutes;
- Then add to it ketchup, salt, chopped onions and ground black pepper. Continue to fry all together for about 10 minutes. Remove roasted stuffing from heat and cool;
- Come up the dough a little knead, put on the table and divided into two different parts. Roll out a large cake, which is placed on a pan, covered with parchment or buttered;
- Put the stuffing on the dough, leaving the edges about a centimeter without filling. To make the filling juicy soak it with meat broth;
- Roll out a smaller piece of dough into a tortilla and cover it with stuffing, pinch the cake along the edge, make a hole in the center for the steam to come out. Send the cake for 50 minutes in a hot oven (temperature 10 degrees);
- Then smear the top of the cake with whipped yolk and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
Minced meat pie in the oven
Yeast dough cake is very tasty baking, but its preparation requires a considerable amount of time, but there are other options that can significantly reduce the time and result in a no less tasty mince pie. One such option could be a jellied pie..
To bake a filler pie stuffed with minced meat you will need:
- 500 g of any minced meat;
- 300 ml of kefir;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 120 g onions;
- 240 g of flour;
- 30 g of dill;
- 100 hard cheese;
- 70 ml of vegetable (sunflower) oil;
- 5 g of soda;
- salt and black pepper to taste;
- semolina powder.
Baking such a pie pie takes three times less time – only 60 minutes.
The calorie content of the cake will be on average equal to 259.9 kcal / 100 g.
How to cook:
- Using an immersion blender or mixer, knead the dough, first beating the eggs with salt and kefir, then add the flour with soda, and lastly – the sunflower oil. All ingredients are mixed very carefully so that there are no lumps in the dough;
- After cutting (or skipping through a meat grinder), mix the meat with minced meat. Chop the dill sprigs very finely;
- A piece of soft butter to walk on the bottom and sides of the baking dish, then sprinkle with semolina;
- 2/3 of the total amount of dough, pour into the form, put the meat stuffing on it with a spoon, sprinkle with dill on top and then cheese chips. Pour the rest of the dough on the top;
- 40 minutes – this is the duration of baking the cake in the oven. Acceptable temperature for baking – 180-200 degrees Celsius.
Puff pie recipe with minced chicken and potatoes
For a hearty breakfast, this is a hearty and tasty option that is easy to prepare at home. Taking into account the use of semi-finished (puff pastry) and a simple set of products for the filling. Puff pastry cake can be either open or closed, but in the latter version, the filling is more juicy.
For a closed puff pie stuffed with minced chicken and potatoes you need to take:
- 1000 g of the finished puff pastry;
- 600 g ground beef (300 g pork and 300 g beef);
- 150 g onions;
- 500 grams of potatoes;
- 80 g butter;
- 1 chicken egg;
- salt and spices to taste.
On all processes associated with the preparation of puff cake, it will take an average of 1 hour.
In 100 grams of finished baking – 286.4 kilocalories.
- Puff pastry should be removed in advance from the refrigerator and completely defrosted. Divide into two pieces (one should be slightly larger than the other) and roll them into 5 mm thick layers;
- Peel the potatoes, wash and chop into thin cubes. Chop onions finely. Mix vegetables with minced meat, salt and add spices to taste;
- Cover the bottom and sides of the baking dish with a large layer of dough, lay out the stuffing. Turn butter into small cubes and spread evenly on mincemeat, cover with a smaller layer of dough, and connect along the edge with a tuck. Make in the center a few cuts to enter the steam;
- For 40 minutes, send the cake into the preheated oven to redden your sides at 200 degrees. 10 minutes before the end of baking, smear the top of the cake with an egg.
Lavash pie filled in the oven
For those housewives who are not friends with the dough (neither with yeast, nor jellied, nor with the ready puff, in general with any), a recipe for a hearty and juicy minced pie is suitable, where the base is thin Armenian lavash. It will be necessary only to cook the filling and form a cake, but everything is further detailed.
- 750 g of thin lavash (on average 3 leaves);
- 400 g ground beef;
- 120 g onions;
- 150 g sour cream;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 50 g of tomato paste (ketchup);
- 100 g of hard cheese;
- 30 ml of vegetable oil;
- salt and spices to taste.
Cake preparation time 1.5-2 hours.
Nutrition and energy value – 252.0 kcal / 100 g.
- Fry minced meat in a skillet with vegetable oil, spending 20 minutes for this process. After half of the allotted time, add to the pan so that the filling is juicier, chopped onion, tomato paste and spices with salt;
- Spread the prepared filling evenly on three sheets of pita bread, sprinkle cheese on top, leave a part of the cheese for the cheese crust on top of the cake;
- Each pita twist into a roll, which is laid out in a detachable form in the form of a snail, twisting them from the edges into the center;
- Beat eggs with sour cream, salt and pepper the mixture, then pour the pita bread in the form. Sprinkle with cheese chips on top;
- Bake the pita cake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Temperature condition standard – from 180 to 200 degrees Celsius.
Meat for mince pies, you can choose absolutely any. But it is worth remembering that pork is often very fat, so those who watch their figure can be replaced with poultry meat or mixed with beef or poultry meat..
A lot of steam is produced during baking meat pies. For its release it is necessary to make small cuts in the center of the formed cake..
Often after the formation of the cake, small pieces (trimmings) of dough remain. You can make jewelry from them by cutting out flowers, leaves and other decorative elements..