The wonderful world of cooking allows people to create. Products usually used in the first or second dishes can easily be used even in desserts. It is strange, but just like that. It turns out even tastier, more interesting..
Preparing to create culinary delight is a process involving a series of step-by-step actions..
Sorrel Pie: A Pair of Simple Recipes
First you need to knead the dough. It will include the following products:
- ½ cup of sugar;
- 100 gr. butter;
- 1 tbsp. sour cream;
- ½ tsp baking soda in vinegar;
- 2.5 cups wheat flour.
After that, we begin to engage in filling for the cake. Its main component will be sorrel (400-500 gr.). To it we add a half cup of granulated sugar. The filling will be ready.
Preparation: Mix the butter (it should be soft) with sugar and two cups of flour. Next, enter the sour cream, soda. Well knead the dough, adding to it the remains of flour (½ cup). Divide the dough into 2 pieces of various sizes – larger, smaller.
For the filling carefully wash out the sorrel. Remove stalks from it, chop. Pour sugar on sorrel, leave it for a few minutes.
Roll out one part of the dough (large), put the stuffing on top. The second part of the test covers the top of the cake, pinching the edges. We coat it with a beaten egg (for shine), send it to the oven heated to two hundred degrees. The process of baking oxalic cake takes about 30-40 minutes, lasts until a golden crust forms on it. Delicacy is ready.
Another fairly simple, but more time-consuming recipe for such a dish based on yeast dough.
- 1 tsp sugar sand;
- 1 tbsp. l dry yeast;
- ¾ Art. plain water;
- 200 grams of butter;
- 3 tbsp. wheat flour;
- A pinch of salt.
The middle of the cake is standard: sorrel leaves (400-500 gr.) And sugar (½ cup).
- Pre-fill the yeast with normal water, slightly heated. There also pour sugar. Let the yeast stand;
- After that, mix the salt, softened butter and flour until crumbs form;
- Next, connect the two masses together by kneading the dough;
- Let the dough rise for 40 minutes, covering it with a towel;
- Next, divide the finished dough into a pair of unequal-sized pieces;
- From the first we make a basis on which we evenly distribute the stuffing from sorrel, first sprinkling it with potato starch so that the oxalic juice does not flow;
- The second part is rolled out and laid on top. We pinch the edges, make cuts on the surface of the dough with a knife so that steam comes out through them, and send the cake to the preheated oven;
- Bake until ready about 30 minutes. If your cake gets a light golden hue, it is ready.
Recipe for cake with sorrel on the basis of batter
Among the main components emit:
- Eggs – 3 pieces;
- Sugar – 250 gr .;
- Creamy margarine -100 gr .;
- Kefir – 100 gr .;
- Flour – 0.5 kg .;
- A pinch of salt and soda.
Dough preparation process:
- Melt creamy margarine, let it cool;
- Smash the eggs in a separate bowl, grind them with sugar;
- Next, enter the kefir, melted cream margarine;
- Salt to taste, add a pinch of soda;
- Slowly add the flour to the dough and knead it thoroughly;
- One part of the finished dough (large) is sent to the frying pan, the second is filled with filling, which turns out to be in the middle;
- Cooked dish goes to the oven.
- Sorrel cake is best made from young sorrel. This is due to the lack of large amounts of acid in it, which prevents the absorption of calcium;
- The dough for the cake can be completely different: from the liquid, which is cooked at home, to puff, purchased in the store;
- You can add a subtle taste of mint to the pie by adding a few leaves of this aromatic plant to the dish;
- To remove excess water secreted by sorrel, you can use a good method – pour one spoonful of potato starch or flour;
- The presence of granulated sugar determines the degree of cake redness: the higher the level, the more golden the upper layer.
Sorrel cake will be able to diversify your daily menu and surprise guests with its unusual taste. Each hostess should have such non-standard recipe.!