Chickpea beans have an interesting shape, resembling a lamb’s head. Hence the second name – lamb peas. But there is more protein and fiber in it than in ordinary peas, and the taste is softer. It can be added to the first dish of chicken, beef or lamb. Chickpea is also useful for making puree soup..
|lamb bone (neck) –||1 kg|
|chickpea –||2 cans of 400 g each|
|large carrot –||1 PC.|
|tomatoes in tomato juice –||800 g|
|bow –||150 g|
|leek –||1 PC.|
|Chile –||2 pods|
|zira (seeds) –||8 g|
|olive oil –||40 g|
|paprika –||2 pinches|
|chopped parsley –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 145 Kcal|
Chickpea soups are cooked mostly from lamb neck, but you can replace it with brisket.
The recipe is made step by step below..
Put a piece of meat in a saucepan with a thickened bottom, add butter and fry until brown..
Peel and chop the carrots, cut the leek stem into 4 pieces. Add these products to the pan with the meat and pour 3 liters of water. Cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes on low heat. Salt seasoned after boiling.
When the broth to prepare it must be drained, remove the pulp from the bones and return to the broth. No carrots or leeks.
Garlic, onion peel and chop finely. Pepper chili cut, remove the seeds with partitions, chop the flesh finely. Put the chickpeas into the colander.
In a saucepan with a thick bottom, heat 2 tablespoons of oil, put onion, garlic and chili, fry. Then add the seeds of spirits, fry for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika, mix.
Add chickpeas, tomato juice and sliced tomatoes to these ingredients. When the liquid boils you need to pour the broth and bring to the boil again, then cook for 20 minutes.
Chopped greens are added to the finished dish at will..
Chickpea Soup Recipe
To make the cream soup tender, add a little cream and butter.
- a glass of chickpea;
- 40 grams of peasant oil;
- 4 cups fresh chicken broth;
- half a cup of cream;
- green peas – 6 pods;
- 1 small duck breast;
- 15 g almond oil.
Soup can be cooked in 35 minutes. In one portion – 150 kcal.
- Pour into the pan half the chicken broth. Boil peas in it;
- Ready chickpeas can be drained through a sieve or fold in a colander. Fold it into the bowl of the blender, pour the broth into the same place, beat well;
- In the puree pour in the remnants of broth, add butter and cream. Beat again;
- Blanch the green peas for three minutes in boiling water. After cooling, cut the pods into strips;
- On the skin side, fry the duck breast without butter. Then bake it in the oven. Cooking time will be 20 minutes. Cool, chop straws;
- In the soup, add almond oil, season with spices. Decorate the dish with strips of green peas and meat pods.
Chicken Nout Soup
Chickpeas gives soups a beautiful color and nutty flavor. He also goes well with chicken.
- 4 chicken thighs;
- 2.5 liters of fresh broth (chicken);
- 1 can of chickpea;
- cinnamon – 1 pinch;
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic;
- ground seed seeds – to taste;
- ground coriander – to taste;
- 3 medium sized carrots;
- dill – to taste;
- 40 g of sunflower oil;
- 1 lemon for juice.
Cooking time – 1, 5 hours. The value of one serving is 120 kcal..
- Fry chicken thighs in hot vegetable oil until caramelized. Fry on each side for 6-7 minutes. Put the meat on the dish;
- Chop the onion into thin rings and fry in butter, in which the chicken was cooked. Add chopped garlic, spices, cook for another 3 minutes;
- In the same pan put the meat, pour the chicken broth, cook on low heat for about 50 minutes;
- Take the chicken thighs out of the broth, cool slightly and disassemble into portions. Fold the meat into the pan. Send chickpea to the same container, add juice squeezed from lemon, warm for 5 minutes on the stove;
- Spilled soup is decorated with chopped dill.
Tomato soup with lamb peas and beef
Like other legumes, chickpeas can be added to vegetable and meat soups.
- 1.5 cups chickpea dry;
- 700 grams of beef meat;
- celery – 2 pieces;
- 700 g canned tomatoes;
- 1 red onion;
- 1 rosemary branch;
- 1 carrot (small);
- 5 potatoes;
- salt – to taste.
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes. In one portion of the soup contains 115 kcal.
How to make chickpea and beef soup:
- Put dry chickpeas for 3 hours in cold water. After the specified time, put it in a colander;
- Beef cut into portions. Wash carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, peeled and chopped into small pieces; Chop canned tomatoes, remove the zest from the orange, squeeze the juice;
- Pour water into the pan (1.5 liters). After boiling, put chopped vegetables, tomatoes, chickpeas and pieces of meat into it. Add zest, juice, chopped rosemary. Season with other spices to your liking;
- Cook in the oven under the lid. Cooking time is 1.5 hours.
Bean and Meatball Soup
This milk based dish is suitable for a diet lunch..
- 500 grams of lamb pulp;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 onion;
- a glass of chickpea;
- 400 ml of kefir and broth;
- 30 grams of flour;
- 2 pinches of black pepper;
- season to your liking.
On 1 bunch spicy greens:
- green basil;
Cooking time is 45 minutes. Get 8 servings of 110 kcal each.
- Pour cold water into the pan, put chickpeas into it. Leave for 12 hours;
- Make minced lamb, combine it with finely chopped onion. Add spices to your liking, mix well with your hands;
- Mince the balls to form small balls. Pour hot water into a saucepan and boil the meatballs. Using a skimmer, remove them on a plate. Leave the broth;
- Separately, boil until fully cooked chickpeas. Throw it in a colander. Wash all herbs, shake off excess water and chop finely;
- Mix flour and eggs in a cup. Put this mixture in a saucepan, pour in broth and kefir. Send peas there. While the soup does not boil it is necessary to stir it continuously. It should have a smooth consistency;
- Add greens, boil for 2-3 minutes. Serve with meatballs.
Cooking a Pumpkin Dish
To make the soup look more appetizing, cook it with pumpkin..
- 10 dried tomatoes;
- 400 g of peeled pumpkin;
- 1 pinch of ground zira;
- sea salt – to taste;
- 1 cup chickpea;
- a pinch of cinnamon;
- 8 g paprika;
- 40 g olive oil;
- 0.6 kg of pork beef;
- 1 chili pepper.
It will take 2 hours to cook. One serving of soup – 125 kcal.
- Soak in the evening chickpeas. The next day, boil until fully cooked;
- In a blender, grind 1 small onion, meat, add 1 pinch of jeera and black pepper, cinnamon and paprika to taste, mix everything;
- Dice the pumpkin. Form meatballs into meatballs, put them in a pan with hot water. Add chickpeas, pumpkin, salt. Cook for 10 minutes;
- Put dried tomatoes in the soup. Surf for 10 minutes on low heat.
To cook the soup quickly, you need to soak the chickpeas in advance and keep in water for at least 12 hours. Water periodically change so that it does not ferment. Washed peas cook without salt on low heat for about two hours. And the first half hour to cook without a lid, then cover. Cook faster if you use a pressure cooker..
Boil chickpeas in advance, put them into packets, put them in the freezer. Use for cooking soups. In this case, cooking will take less time. You can also use canned chickpeas, which are sold in stores. It has a lot of salt, so the dish with canned peas should be less salted.
There are still some rules on the selection and storage of dry chickpeas. In appearance: it should be large, dry, smooth, not wrinkled and without damage. Do not store peas in the light; fat contained in it may become rancid. Enclosed cabinet – good storage space (of course, the product should be packed tightly).