First courses are the basis for a full meal. Among the wide range of recipes, dishes are especially popular, the main ingredients in which are pork ribs.
They can be fresh or smoked – the result in flavor and taste will be excellent. In cooking, recipes for soups are not very complicated, but will allow to realize the full potential of the culinary.
|pork ribs with meat –||750 -800 g|
|potatoes –||300 g|
|carrot –||100 g|
|seasonings and spices – bay leaf, pepper peas –||taste|
|water –||3.5 liters|
|Time for preparing: 75 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 74 Kcal|
This version of the first dish is most suitable for daytime meals. It will be appropriate for baby food..
Stepwise cooking algorithm:
- Pour water into the pan (skip through the filter as necessary), bring to a boil, add salt;
- Pork ribs (if using fresh ones) defrost and rinse (if smoked) – remove from the package, put in boiling water, cook for 45-50 minutes;
- All vegetables used in the recipe should be carefully peeled, cut (diced potatoes, onions and carrots – in any convenient way), put to the ribs, cook for another 15 minutes;
- 2-3 minutes before the readiness to add spices.
Serve hot. It is recommended to add finely chopped fresh greens or green onions, as well as rye croutons.
Making an exciting culinary journey will help the original recipe for a traditional Cuban dish, which is based on the following ingredients:
- rice (long grain) – 100 g;
- beans (black, not canned) – 180 g or 1 cup;
- chorizo (dried sausage with bacon and paprika) – 1 pc;
- fresh tomatoes (it is better to choose moderately juicy) – 3 pieces (large);
- onions (white or yellow) – 1-2 pieces;
- pork ribs (main ingredient of the dish) – 250 g;
- lemon / lime (you can immediately use the juice – 10 ml) – 1 pc;
- vegetable oil – 60 ml;
- seasonings: salt, red and black peppers (ground) – to taste;
- cilantro (optional).
First meal preparation time in minutes – 120.
Calorie dishes (100 g) – 510 kcal.
Complete cooking steps:
- Soak beans (not canned) in cold water for 10-12 hours (it is better to put in the evening);
- After the time has passed, the beans should be boiled until soft (boiled in the same water in which it is soaked);
- Then put the rice to the bean and cook until it is half cooked (it should be a little hard);
- Rinse tomatoes, peel and chop finely;
- Pour butter into a frying pan, warm up a lot, put chopped tomatoes, add salt and spices, stew (10 minutes), leave in a frying pan;
- Peel the onions, chop finely, add to the tomatoes, simmer for 2-3 minutes (until softened);
- Chorizo cut into small pieces and fry (you can add to the rest of the vegetables);
- Salt, pepper, fry pork ribs to taste (in a separate frying pan);
- Put stewed vegetables and ribs in broth with rice and beans, cook on medium heat for another 30-35 minutes.
Before serving, add lemon juice (to taste), chop cilantro and sprinkle on top of the soup.
Pea soup with pork ribs
This version of the first dish is considered classic when pork ribs act as a base for broth. Cook pea soup can be a hearty lunch and a hearty dinner. The following ingredients are common to many:
- dried peas (you can use whole or split) – 230 g;
- pork ribs (smoked, with a low fat content) – 400 g;
- vegetables: fresh onions, carrots – 1 pc;
- potatoes – 3 tubers;
- water – 2.4 -2.8 l;
- seasonings: salt, pepper (peas), bay leaf, dried herbs – to taste.
Cooking time is 90 minutes..
Calories per 100 g of the finished product – 280 kcal.
- Peas (it is better to choose yellow) first need to soak for 60-120 minutes (optimally – for 4-6 hours, placing the peas in warm water);
- If fresh ribs are used, they should be washed, cut into small pieces, then pour on water and cook until boiling;
- After that, completely drain the water, pour fresh water over the ribs, put on the fire, boil until boiling, removing the foam that forms;
- As soon as the foam stops forming boil ribs until ready;
- Peel and chop vegetables (cut potatoes into cubes or small pieces);
- The broth formed after cooking the ribs should be poured into a different container using a sieve;
- Drain the water from the soaked peas and add it to the prepared broth, also put the potatoes, cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes;
- Fry carrots and onions quickly (no more than 3 minutes) and add to the broth;
- Add salt and spices, cover and cook for about 7-9 minutes.
Before the usual serving it is recommended to knead the peas and decorate the portions (if desired) with finely chopped greens..
Smoked Meat Tomato Soup Recipe
On the basis of smoked pork ribs, you can cook an unusual soup that can fall not only for lunch or dinner, but also on special occasions. To make it, the following ingredients available for purchase in regular stores should be available:
- tomatoes (fresh, dried or in their own juice) – 200 g;
- pork ribs – 100 g;
- vegetable oil – 50 ml;
- chicken broth – 300 ml;
- dry garlic – 10 g;
- red onion (salad) – 1 pc;
- seasonings – salt, pepper, dried parsley – to taste;
- sugar (sand, white, without additives) – to taste;
- smoked sausage – 20 g.
Cooking time – 60 minutes.
Calorie content – 215 kcal (per 100 g meals).
- Prepare the ribs (remove from the package, cut into portions), fry in butter until soft;
- Peel and chop the onion;
- Finely chop the sausage, mix with onions and fry;
- Add garlic and spices to zazharku, mix;
- Add chicken broth to the ribs, leave to simmer for 35 minutes;
- Mash tomatoes to puree, mix with broth (at the end of 35 minutes);
- Also add dried parsley and sugar, mix.
Serve pork ribs soup warm.
How to cook soup with ribs and mushrooms
A similar version of the first dish is ideal for dinner or lunch during the cold season, as it turns out rich and nourishing. Unusual flavor combination and pleasant aroma will make the dish one of the most beloved in the family. The following ingredients are required for cooking:
- smoked pork ribs (broth base) – 350 g;
- onion (turnip) – 2 pcs;
- potatoes (not frozen) – 2-3 pieces;
- fresh or frozen mushrooms (champignons or oyster mushrooms, and forest mushrooms) – 1 package (300 g);
- sweet red pepper (Bulgarian) – 1 pc;
- tomato paste (juice with pulp or pureed tomatoes) – 50 g (you can use regular fresh tomato);
- water – 2.7 l;
- sunflower oil – 50 ml;
- seasonings to your choice.
Cooking time first – 90 minutes.
Caloric content (100 g) – 280 kcal.
Algorithm of preparation:
- Prepare ribs (fresh rinse, remove smoked from the package), cut into pieces;
- Vegetables wash and peel, cut into small pieces;
- Put spices and salt to water in water, put ribs and cook until meat is soft;
- Then fry the vegetables until golden brown;
- Fry a little and mushrooms;
- Put in the broth passaged vegetables and tomato paste (cook for another 20 minutes);
- Put the sliced mushrooms and potatoes – cook until ready.
Serve the soup with pork ribs and mushrooms with fresh greens, hot.
In order for the peas to boil faster, it should be soaked in hot water for 5-6 hours. It is better to choose not solid, but chopped, then the process of cooking the soup will become easy. Ribs should be chosen with a large amount of meat, fat should not be or very little, then the broth will turn out light, but rich.
If thyme, rosemary or basil is present, their use will make the soup more interesting in taste and aroma. Boiling broth will help regulate the thickness of the pea soup.
Successful additives to ribbed soups – fresh greens, fresh tomatoes, rye croutons. Meat from the ribs can not be removed, and served with bone (an exception should be made only for children).
Before serving, the soups on the ribs should be infused for at least 10 minutes so that the ingredients are saturated with aroma..