Beef broth soups are special: they are nourishing, tastier, have a specific aroma. Borsch is no exception. Beef is combined with all classic vegetables, and especially tasty when fresh tomatoes are added to it. Need to try!
How much should you cook beef for borscht
Depending on what part of the carcass is used, the cooking time varies. For really rich borscht, you should use meat on the bone. The bone marrow is digested for a long time, but the soup will turn out much tastier. Cooking takes about two hours, sometimes more. At the same time, it is not necessary to monitor the broth, it will boil slowly all this time..
Young boneless meat is cooked with a whole piece a little less, about an hour. This mainly concerns veal. If you cut the piece into several pieces, the cooking time will be reduced to forty minutes. You shouldn’t cook less, as the fibers should be boiled soft enough not to be tough..
|carrots –||1 PC.|
|Bulgarian peppers –||1 PC.|
|tomatoes –||6 pieces.|
|bulbs –||2 pcs.|
|beef –||0.3 kg|
|sunflower oil –||50 ml|
|laurel leaves –||5 pieces.|
|water –||4 l|
|cabbage –||0.2 kg|
|butter –||25 g|
|dill dry –||7 g|
|beets –||1 PC.|
|potato –||6 pieces.|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 40 Kcal|
How to cook:
- Wash the meat, put it in a saucepan and pour the specified amount of cold water. Put on the stove, do not cover the lid.
- Let it boil, remove the foam from the spoon, remove the fire, cover and cook for at least half an hour.
- Peel the vegetables, wash them.
- Largely grate beets and carrots.
- Potatoes should be crushed into cubes of medium size..
- Finely chop the onion and cut the cabbage into short strips.
- Remove the seed box from the pepper and cut it into straws too.
- Cut one tomato into cubes.
- The remaining tomatoes should be placed in a blender and chopped into mashed potatoes..
- Pour the oil into the pan, heat it, then put the onion here and fry for three minutes.
- Next, stir in the carrots and cook for another six minutes..
- Add all chopped tomatoes, stir. Leave about fifteen minutes.
- Put potatoes into the ready broth. Immediately put here and fry from the pan.
- When the soup boils, you need to put the pepper and cabbage here, stir.
- Follow the vegetables to send beets. Let it boil for three minutes, add laurel leaves and spices..
- Boil another fifteen minutes on low heat, then you can serve with dried dill.
How to cook with meat on the bone
|laurel leaves||3 pcs.|
|beef bone||0.5 kg|
|hot pepper||0.5 pcs.|
|sweet peppers||1 PC.|
|tomato paste||15 g|
|sunflower oil||45 ml|
It will take to prepare – 2 hours and 30 minutes.
How many calories – 114.
How to cook:
- Put the washed meat in the pan. Fill with water, let it boil, then immediately drain the water. Rinse again, return to the pan, add water and cook for at least two hours. Bones should be boiled well, so if they are long, it’s best to cut them in half. The formed foam on top must be removed..
- Peel the beets and chop them into thin strips..
- Finely chopped onion without husk.
- One third of onion immediately send in broth.
- Add spices and laurel leaves.
- Place the rest of the onions and butter in a deep frying pan and fry a little..
- Next send the beets.
- Peel carrots and peppers and chop sticks too. Place in skillet seven minutes after the beets..
- Season, add sugar, pour in some water and cover with a lid. Stew forty minutes. Water need to pour.
- Potatoes cut into small cubes, after removing the peel.
- Cabbage, too, chop straw.
- Put potatoes in broth. When she is almost ready, add cabbage.
- Add tomato paste and chopped tomato to the grilled vegetables, as well as chopped garlic. After four minutes, turn off the stove, put the frying in the soup, season it. Chop pepper and stir it up.
- Boil for five minutes, turn off the heat, let it brew for fifteen minutes before serving..
Delicious borsch with beef and beans
|canned beans||0.1 kg|
|tomato paste||15 g|
|Bulgarian peppers||1 PC.|
It will take to prepare – 3 hours.
How many calories – 84.
How to cook:
- Wash the beef and send it to cook for at least an hour in a saucepan with water..
- Chop carrots with onions into straws and clean them beforehand, fry with oil.
- Grind the beets in the same way and add them to the vegetables along with the tomato paste. Stir.
- Pour in two glasses of broth and stew for half an hour, do not cover with a lid.
- Pull out the prepared meat, put diced potatoes instead..
- As soon as the potatoes boil, add chopped cabbage.
- Five minutes later add to the soup a lot from the pan, stir.
- Pepper cut into strips and lay out immediately after zazharki. At the same time add the washed canned beans..
- Season, let roast for five minutes, then turn off and leave for about an hour under the lid so that the borscht will infuse.
Cooked recipe without cabbage
|sunflower oil||0.1 l|
|beef boiled||0.2 kg|
|tomato dressing||180 g|
|laurel leaves||1 PC.|
It will take to prepare – 40 minutes.
How many calories – 53.
How to cook:
- Peel the potatoes and cut the fruit into pieces, send it to the pan, add water and let it boil..
- Finely chop the beets without the rind, and grate the peeled onions and carrots.
- Stir these vegetables together and send them to fry in the pan with butter.
- Pour tomato sauce in ten minutes and mix. Continue cooking.
- When the potatoes are ready, transfer the whole mixture from the pan to it..
- Dice boiled meat, add it to the soup.
- Season and place the minced garlic. Stir, boil for five minutes, and serve for another twenty minutes before serving..
- Serve with donuts.
Our cooks will teach you how to cook a real borscht with pork.
Here, read how to cook rich borscht in chicken broth. Great for losing weight!
For those who love greens, we offer to cook spring green borsch with nettles. Add an egg to the finished dish, and your lunch will be tasty and satisfying..
How to cook in a slow cooker
|beef fillet||50 g|
|tomato paste||40 g|
|sunflower oil||25 ml|
Need for cooking – 2 hours.
How many calories – 25.
How to cook:
- Wash the beef and chop it into strips.
- Peel all vegetables and chop them in the same way..
- Finely chopped peeled garlic and washed greens.
- Pour into the bowl multicooker oil. Select the mode “Baking” or similar, wait until the bowl warms up.
- Put onion in butter with carrots and tomato paste, mix.
- In five minutes, add all other products: garlic, potatoes, meat, beets, cabbage, spices. Pour water and stir a little.
- Close the lid. Change the mode to “Soup” with a timer for half an hour.
- After the signal from the device, let the soup stand for another fifteen minutes, and then serve with chopped greens..
Subtleties and tricks
Traditionally, borsch is served with thick sour cream, garlic dumplings, fresh herbs. In some regions, especially in winter, smoked lard is cut to the dish.
You can also cook pickled onions: onion, preferably white, cut into half rings, then stand in sugar, a pinch of salt and vinegar. Poison can be pre-cleaned with boiling water..
Real Ukrainian borsch is a rich dish. It has its own history, unique taste and hundreds of cooking options. It is very satisfying, interesting, and at the same time it is considered one of the most complicated soups in the world..