From the Georgian “Kharcho” is translated as “soup with beef.” The first dish of Caucasian cuisine is distinguished by its spicy and rich taste, richness. Kharcho will not only diversify his usual lunch menu, but will also become the main dish of the holiday table.
Of course, many people deviate from the traditional recipe, including the Georgians. Therefore, now Kharcho can be cooked from pork, poultry, lamb. However, the classic recipe involves the use of only beef..
|bone beef (very fat) –||0.5 kg|
|rice –||150 g|
|tomato puree –||50 g|
|plum pita (tklapi) –||150 g|
|walnuts –||0.5 cup|
|“Hop-suneli” –||5 g|
|bulbs –||2 pcs.|
|Bay leaf –||taste|
|hot red and green pepper –||2 pods each|
|salt –||5 g|
|fresh greens –||1 bundle|
|red pepper ground –||5 g|
|bell pepper –||5 g|
|Time for preparing: 180 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 173 Kcal|
- Meat product pour water and put on the stove;
- As soon as the liquid starts to boil, take a skimmer and wait for the appearance of foam. Remove it and continue cooking over medium heat;
- The duration of cooking depends on the age: young beef will cook in just an hour, and it will take an average of two hours to cook the old one;
- Put the finished meat product in a plate, cool and separate from the bones;
- Strain the remaining broth at least 3 times through a fine sieve so that during the meal the small bones do not bring discomfort;
- Cut the separated beef into small pieces, put in broth;
- Chop the bulbs;
- Crushed garlic;
- Finely chop fresh greens;
- As soon as the broth begins to boil, add rice, onions and a few sprigs of greens;
- Cook until rice is cooked;
- At the end of cooking add tklapi and garlic;
- Crush walnuts;
- Before turning off the soup, toss the bay leaf, season with salt, pour in “Hops-suneli” and add nuts;
- Spilled soup, sprinkle with herbs and garnish with chilli pepper.
In the recipe of classic Kharcho tklapi you can substitute Georgian Tkemali sauce..
Kharcho soup with rice in a slow cooker
Required recipe ingredients:
- beef (young) – 500 gr .;
- tomato paste – 50 gr .;
- rice – 1 multivariate glass;
- Bulgarian pepper – 2 pcs .;
- potatoes – 3 pcs .;
- Bay leaf;
- vegetable oil;
- garlic – 2 heads;
- fresh chopped greens;
- carrots – 2 pcs .;
- onions – 2 pcs .;
- salt – 5 grams;
- walnuts – 0.5 cup.
Cooking time: 2 hours 10 minutes.
Caloric content: 169 kcal.
Step by step cooking technology:
- Meat product cut across the fibers into small pieces;
- Shred the bulbs into half rings;
- Grate large carrots;
- Pepper and potatoes cut into medium cubes;
- Wash rice. Georgians are usually washed in seven waters;
- Set the mode “Baking”;
- Add oil and fry beef for 20-25 minutes;
- The next ingredient will be the onion. Vegetable cooking time – 10 minutes;
- After add carrots and peppers. Continue frying for another 15 minutes;
- Disable the “Baking” mode, put potatoes, cover rice and pour in water (the amount depends on the volume of the multicooker);
- Add spices, put the mode “Quenching”, the timer 1, 5 hours;
- 20 minutes before the end of salt and pour chopped nuts;
- Before serving, season with crushed garlic and sprinkle with herbs.
According to Georgian customs, citrus fruits or plums can be served to Kharcho. To emphasize the characteristic sourness, you can also add lemon to the soup. However, do not overdo it..
As the Georgians say: “Kharcho is cooked with a lot of spices, slowly and with the addition of emotional mood.” What other secrets does a traditional Caucasian dish keep??
- Beef with a bone is the perfect meat option for a real jar;
- If brisket is used, it is not necessary to chop it;
- The base for the soup should be sour. Therefore, do not do without sauce “Tkemali”;
- If the above sauce is not on hand, then it can be replaced with chopped cherry plum or (in extreme cases) tomato puree;
- Onion cut into strips not across, but along. Such cutting will ensure the preservation of the fibers, which means that during the heat treatment the vegetable will not turn into a porridge;
- Rice need to use long grain;
- Do not be lazy to sort through walnuts. Ideally, there should not be a single piece of partition. It will not be superfluous to fry the ingredient a little to the characteristic flavor. After cooling, the nuts must be crushed in a mortar;
- The list of mandatory spices includes: “hops-suneli”, ground coriander seeds, a couple of bay leaves, freshly ground hot red pepper.
Enjoy your meal!