Recently, American desserts have become increasingly popular, both in our country and throughout the immense world. The menu of almost every cafe includes cheesecakes, brownies, muffins and pancakes that have long been loved by everyone. Pastry shops are full of bright, lush cakes and cakes, one of which – “Red Velvet” – is very easy to cook in your own kitchen.
This cake got its name due to the bright red color and the porous shiny texture of the biscuit. The cake is obtained as delicate in taste as velvet feels.
Despite the fact that the homeland of this dessert is not exactly known (Canada also claims to be the country of its origin), it is still attributed to the American cuisine. At home for nuclear staining and the insanely delicious biscuit cake called the Devil’s Food.
It turns out to be unusually tender, and because of the cocoa that is part of the biscuit, it can truly surprise someone who tastes it for the first time: after all, baking red can be expected rather berry sour, but not chocolate.
True, not all components of the original recipe are always on our shelves, but they can be replaced by more familiar products..
|Flour –||2.5 glasses|
|Baking powder –||1 tsp.|
|Salt –||1 tsp.|
|Cocoa –||full 2 tbsp.|
|Red pigment for cooking –||2 tsp.|
|Soft melted butter (in no case, spread) butter –||0.5 cup|
|Sugar –||1,5 glasses|
|Chicken egg –||2 pcs.|
|Vanillin –||1 tsp.|
|Buttermilk or kefir –||1 cup|
|Vinegar –||1 tsp.|
|Soda –||1 tsp.|
|Cream Cheese –||470 ml|
|Soft cream oil –||half cup|
|Vanillin for cream –||1 tsp.|
|Ground sugar for cream –||2.5 standard glasses|
|Fine salt for cream –||pinch|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 360 Kcal|
Cooking sponge cake:
Bring the temperature in the oven to 170 degrees, drizzle with butter and sprinkle with flour for cake molds;
Place flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add a food coloring agent with cocoa powder into a separate small container, mix them;
In a large bowl, mix with butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Then add the eggs and add the finished mixture of cocoa and dye, as well as vanillin. Add one third of the finished bulk mix to the oily mass. After that, fill it with half the buttermilk and whisk well. Then pour the second third of the mixture, whisk, cover with the remains of buttermilk and mix well. Finally, add leftover dry ingredients and beat until smooth;
Make sure that the baking molds are processed with butter and flour and are near you, and the oven is heated to 170 degrees Celsius. Mix soda and vinegar, quickly add to the dough, mix and pour the resulting substance into forms. Bake cakes for 25 to 30 minutes. Ensure readiness with a match or toothpick;
Leave the sponge cake on the oven grate for 10 minutes. Then carefully remove the shortbread. Allow them to cool to normal room temperature before coating the cakes with cream and placing the cake in the fridge..
Preparation of cream:
Use a mixer to mix the cream cheese and bring it to a smooth mass. Then lower its speed and, whipping cream, add powdered sugar, salt and vanillin. Further, increasing its speed, achieve a light and light texture;
Cream can begin to lubricate the cake immediately, but you can leave it in the refrigerator, but before you use, you need to bring it to room temperature;
In order to better absorb the biscuit cream, cut the tops of the cake layers;
Cake outside can be covered with cream completely, but you can – only the top. In the second case, cut the edges evenly in a circle with a sharp knife or with a special ring.
Red Velvet by Gordon Ramsay
What you need to test:
- Sugar (can be of any kind) – 1.5 cups;
- Vinegar – 1 tsp;
- Refined sunflower oil – 1.5 cups;
- Soda – 1 tsp;
- Egg large chicken – 2 pieces;
- Vanillin – to taste or 1 tsp;
- Powder natural cocoa – 2 tablespoons l .;
- Buttermilk – 1 cup;
- Flour – 2.5 cups;
- Red pigment for cooking – 2 tsp.
What you need for the cream:
- Cream cheese – 230 gr .;
- Cow butter – 200 g;
- Vanillin – 1 tsp;
- Crushed sugar – 2 glasses.
Time costs – 1 hour.
Calorie content – 430 Kcal per 100 g.
- Bring the temperature in the oven to 160 degrees;
- Beat the sugar, eggs and vegetable oil well. Add food coloring and mix everything thoroughly;
- Combine all the dry ingredients separately, except soda and vinegar, mix them together until color is uniform;
- Begin to add to the oil substance alternately dry mixture and buttermilk, beating thoroughly;
- Prepare baking molds: treat the bottom and sides with butter and flour;
- Then extinguish the soda by combining it with vinegar and add to the dough;
- Pour the resulting substance into forms and put in the oven for half an hour;
- Remove the cakes in the same way as in the recipe above..
Preparation of cream:
- Beat all ingredients until you achieve a uniform white air mass;
- In the same way as in the previous recipe, brush the cakes with cream.
- Sift not only the flour, but also the entire dry mix;
- When using food coloring, wear an apron;
- Stir the dough with a spatula throughout the entire process, not allowing the sludge to form;
- If there is no dye on hand, use beet juice;
- Buttermilk can be replaced with kefir, but if it is not available, add a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice to a cup of milk and wait 10 minutes.
General recommendations for coating the cake with cream
Of course, everyone can come up with their own way of serving Red Velvet cake, but there are two classic ways to treat the cake with cream:
- Fully creamy dessert. Ideally, the tops and edges of the cakes are cut off (edges are optional, but in this case the cake will lose in appearance). Get the right shape, crumble the cakes with cream. Now coat with a thin layer of cream the top of the cake with a spatula, and the sides – with a scraper. Get rid of surplus and make sure that there are no unmarked places and put the cake in the fridge for a while. After it has cooled and soaked, cover the dessert with a decorative layer: with a clean spoon (a pastry sleeve with a round nozzle also fits), apply a large amount of cream to the top and spread it from the middle to the center; Apply the excess from the edges to the sides and spread evenly with a scraper. The surplus formed on the corners is covered with a spatula tip, but now from the edges to the center;
- “Naked” cake. The main condition for such a dessert is ideally cut edges. The top in this case is decorated with “roses” of cream. The remaining pieces of cake can be spread on the ice-cream bowls and pour cream.
This dessert will certainly be included in the list of favorite dishes of your family and friends. Its festive look, delicate, juicy and at the same time rich taste will decorate any table and will appeal to every lover of desserts. The simplicity of its preparation is incommensurable with the impression that this cake produces during tasting..
Enjoy your meal!