If you want to cook an unusual dessert, you can use the simplest ingredients that can be purchased at any store. Among the products from which cakes are made without baking, one of the most popular are corn sticks. Using them in the cooking process is as simple as possible, so even an inexperienced hostess can cook a cake..
Each of the recipes assumes that besides the sticks, butter will be a necessary ingredient (as an exception – margarine) – about 100-200 g. Corn sticks should be classical – without additives, coloring agents or flavors..
|ordinary sticks (but it is better to give preference to sweet) –||120g|
|uncooked condensed milk –||200 g|
|butter (not spread) –||100 g|
|Time for preparing: 140 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 66 Kcal|
Condensed milk is an excellent addition to sweet dishes. An exception was not the cake, which is based on corn sticks. You can prepare it for tea drinking with your family or relatives.
- Butter (or spread / margarine) a little flooded, laid out in a plate and leaving in a warm place for 10 minutes;
- To the submerged oil should add the entire volume of condensed milk, mix and beat, using a blender for this purpose, or as an option a whisk. As a result, the mass should be homogeneous in composition, without lumps;
- It is not necessary to chop the sticks, they need to be spread out a little into the butter – milk mixture and stirred in addition;
- The form where the delicacy will be prepared should be laid with cling film, then lay out the “dough” and close it with the film as well;
- Put the form in the fridge for 2 hours.
After preparation (just before the batch feed), remove the film. If desired, you can decorate the cake with cream, coconut shavings or fruit on top. For this purpose, you can also use icing sugar, which is easy to prepare by yourself, grinding the sugar in a coffee grinder.
“Anthill” with toffee
The Cake “Anthill” made of corn sticks and toffee is easy to prepare using a simple set of ingredients:
- butter (butter or cooking oil) – 200 g;
- sweets (toffee) – 450 g;
- corn sticks – 350 g.
Cooking time – 110 minutes.
Calories per 100 g of cake – 68 kcal.
- Butter or cooking oil used in baking should be submerged. It is recommended to use a water bath for acceleration..
- Toffee unroll, a little grind, add to the flooded oil;
- The resulting composition is put on a low heat, melt the toffee. In order to avoid burning, you will need to constantly stir the mass..
- After the composition is completely homogeneous, without pieces of candy, it should be added, without grinding, corn sticks;
- It is necessary to put food wrap in the form for the preparation of the “Anthill”, then put the mass and close it on top with another piece of film;
- Place the container in the refrigerator until it solidifies (from 40 minutes to 2 hours – depending on the volume of the future cake).
Before serving, the film must be removed, and the resulting sweetness to decorate with cocoa or coconut shavings, as well as dried fruit without stones.
There is a variant of cooking “Anthill” with corn sticks in the composition, which is ideal for meeting unexpected guests. It is prepared quickly, combines tenderness and aesthetic appeal, so it is appropriate to submit it for a children’s holiday. You must make sure that you have the following ingredients before you start cooking:
- butter (the use of salted butter or margarine is allowed) – 65-70 g;
- boiled condensed milk (to save time, you should buy ready-made) – 1 bank;
- cocoa (powder) – 50 g;
- nuts (walnuts) – 120-150 g;
- sticks – 300 g;
- icing sugar – 30 g.
Cooking time – from 90 minutes.
Calorie finished cake – 67 kcal.
Steps of making a cake of corn sticks, nuts and condensed milk:
- Peel walnuts, chop, use a blender for this purpose;
- Break sticks in halves (each);
- Melt butter used in cooking (it is recommended to make a water bath for this);
- Then add boiled condensed milk (full jar), cocoa to butter, mix;
- Put food film or parchment in the form, pour chopsticks into it and pour the resulting cream from butter and condensed milk, then pour chopped nuts.
The cooking process will take place in the refrigerator and will take from 1 to 3 hours, depending on the volume of the mold and the cooling capacity. After being prepared as a decoration, “Lazy anthill” sprinkles icing sugar on top.
Another cooking option – with chocolate chips
- corn sticks – 600 g;
- almonds (kernels peeled) – 50 g;
- condensed milk – 1 bank;
- chocolate (chips) – 100 g.
The time it takes to cook – from 140 minutes.
Calorie cake – 61 kcal.
- Chopsticks should be cut into rings, then put in a prepared form on cling film;
- Condensed milk should be poured evenly on the sticks, mix, distribute over the entire volume of the mold so that the layer is even (leave for a few minutes so that the sticks are soaked with condensed milk);
- Chop the nuts, cover with the next layer, form an anthill, put in the refrigerator until it hardens.
Before serving, decorate the cake with chocolate chips.
Corn cake with chopsticks, coconut chips and liqueur
This option would be appropriate for serving at a celebration or a family holiday, as it consists of fine ingredients:
- sticks – 400 g;
- coconut chips – 70 g;
- liquor – 30 g;
- condensed milk – 1 bank.
Cooking time – 100 minutes.
Calories – 61 kcal.
- Chop sticks a little;
- Mix condensed milk with liqueur and combine with chopsticks;
- Put the mass in the form of parchment, put in the refrigerator until it hardens.
Sprinkle with coconut cake before serving..
In order for a cake that includes corn sticks to turn out to be perfect, you need to know a few simple rules: it is better to fry the nuts a little beforehand in a hot frying pan without oil – the flavor will be saturated.
Liquor or brandy is added to the savory taste, but if there are children in the house, then this ingredient should be replaced with fruit or berry syrup..
If chocolate is to be used, then bitter is better for contrast..
Condensed milk can be used with flavoring additives, and dried fruits before adding should be soaked in warm water to soften.