The classic cake “Danube Waves” has a pleasant taste, with a delicate sourness, and is a bright representative of German cuisine. The colors (red, black and white) combined in it give the dessert a special chic and nobleness. A chic choice to decorate a festive meal!
“Danube waves” – what a cake?
This incredibly delicious dessert is prepared on the basis of a double biscuit: light classic and dark chocolate. Cakes are coated with creamy cream pudding, as well as complemented with fresh cherries..
If you wish, you can replace fresh cherries with canned ones. The taste of the cake does not change. The top of the dessert is poured over with chocolate icing, on which, when the consistency is not yet completely frozen, a pattern is applied with wave-like movements, which fully harmonizes with the name.
|for making biscuit bases: –|
|butter –||250 g|
|chicken eggs –||5 pieces.|
|granulated sugar –||0.5 kg|
|cherry (seedless) –||0.7 kg|
|vanilla sugar –||10 g|
|wheat flour –||400 g|
|baking powder –||15 g|
|milk –||25 ml|
|salt –||little pinch|
|cocoa powder –||1 tbsp.|
|for making cream pudding: –|
|vanilla pudding –||1 pack.|
|cow’s milk –||0.5 l|
|spread –||250 g|
|for making glaze: –|
|dark chocolate –||1 tile|
|spread –||50 g|
|Time for preparing: 120 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 314 Kcal|
- First and foremost, do the preparation of biscuit dough. Place in the mixer bowl a well-softened butter, a pinch of salt, the required amount of sugar and vanilla, as well as baking powder. Beat the mass at low speeds. Then add fresh chicken eggs and continue beating until smooth. Next, you need to gradually introduce flour (without stopping beating);
- Cover a wide rectangular baking tray with parchment paper or foil. Lubricate with a small amount of refined oil. Pour half the cooked sponge cake and smooth it out;
- In the remaining dough, add a mixture of milk and cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly. Put the chocolate dough on top of the white and also smooth it;
- Put the washed and well-dried cherries in a uniform layer on top of the chocolate dough and gently press each of them;
- Prepare the biscuit base, put baked in preheated to 1900With an oven. The process takes about 40 minutes. Then remove the baked biscuit and leave to cool;
- In the meantime, get ready to make vanilla cream pudding. Prepare it, according to the recipe described on the package, and then cover with cling film and leave to cool. Beat the softened spread. Then add 1 cream spoon to it cream pudding (remember, both ingredients should be the same temperature!) And rub until smooth;
- Apply the prepared cream on the surface of the cooled biscuit, smooth and clean for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. During this time, the cream pudding will harden as it should;
- Now prepare the chocolate glaze: melt the dark chocolate with the spread, mix until smooth, cool slightly and apply over the cream. Using a knife, apply wavy patterns to the cake;
- Cake dessert “Danube waves” is ready! Cut it into portioned square pieces, put it nicely on a dish and serve to the festive table.
Recipe cake “Danube Waves” with apples
In addition to the classic version of the preparation of the cake “Danube waves”, there is another interesting variation in the preparation of this dessert..
According to him, the recipe uses not fresh cherries, but sour apples. Their use leaves almost the same spicy touch of sourness. Try, perhaps, this variation you will like even more than the classic version..
Ingredients for making biscuit bases:
- granulated sugar – 350 g;
- chicken eggs – 3 pcs .;
- high-quality flour – 250 g;
- spread – 120 g;
- baking powder – 2 tsp;
- cocoa powder – 1 tbsp. l .;
- milk – 25 ml;
- apples – 450 g.
Ingredients for making cream:
- vanilla pudding – 1 pack;
- pasteurized milk – 450 ml;
- Spread – 200 g.
Ingredients for the preparation of the glaze:
- dark chocolate – 2 tiles;
- Spread – 50 g.
Cooking time: 2 hours.
Calories per 100 g: 317 kcal.
- Place the following ingredients in the whisking bowl: spread, sugar, pinch of salt, baking powder. Beat everything with a mixer until smooth. Then add chilled chicken eggs and whisk again. Next, begin to gradually introduce flour and continue to beat the dough until smooth;
- For baking this cake, it is recommended to use a rectangular baking shape with medium sides. Grease the form with oil. Pour half of the cooked dough into it and spread evenly over the entire volume of the mold;
- Cocoa mix with cold milk, and then enter in the remaining biscuit dough. Knead until smooth and carefully pour the second layer into the mold;
- Peel apples and seeds. Cut into identical slices and lay out on top of the dough;
- Bake a biscuit base for the cake in a preheated 180-1900With the oven for 40-45 minutes;
- While the base is being baked, prepare the cream pudding. Prepare the pudding according to the recipe described on the package, then rub it with the spread;
- Cover the cooled base with cream and send to the fridge;
- Cook the icing. To do this, break the chocolate into small pieces and melt along with the spread or butter, and then pour it in a uniform layer over the cream and wait for it to solidify completely;
- Cake is served sliced into portioned rectangular pieces..
- If you do not have fresh cherries or apples, replace them with canned ones, but in this case you should drain the excess syrup and lightly drain them;
- If you wish, you can not cover the cake with chocolate icing, but simply sprinkle it with cocoa powder;
- Also cake “Danube waves” can be baked in a slow cooker. The recipe will remain the same, but the number of ingredients will have to be halved.
Have a nice tea party with an incredibly delicious dessert.!