Langet – a meat dish, whose name comes from the French word “languette”, which translates as “tongue”. The dish received such a name from the fact that each piece of meat is a long piece that looks very much like a “tongue”.
What is it, what part of the beef?
A distinctive feature of the langet from other meat dishes like it (roast beef, steak, entrecote) is that it is prepared exclusively from beef.
To prepare a langet, you must choose a special internal muscle (lumbar). The meat from this part of the beef is particularly tender and juicy, as the lumbar muscle is not subject to any physical exertion, and therefore has no hard connecting fibers.
|beef tenderloin –||800 g|
|rock salt –||pinch|
|black ground pepper –||taste|
|fresh bacon –||100 g|
|Time for preparing: 25 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 168 Kcal|
A delicious piece of fried meat will delight any man! Want to pamper your sweetheart? Prepare for his dinner the legendary langet, with a rich natural flavor (without any additional spices), serve with him to the side dish fried potatoes with fresh vegetables and get ready to receive compliments at your address.
You can cook a langet of beef in a pan like this:
- Wash the beef tenderloin and then dry it thoroughly (paper kitchen towels are an indispensable thing.) After cutting it into oblong pieces, 10-15 mm thick. Slightly beat off each piece, rub with salt and ground pepper;
- Finely chop fresh unsalted lard and then melt it in a hot frying pan;
- Put prepared meat in boiling oil (several pieces, no more!) And fry for 5-7 minutes on both sides. Adjust the frying time independently, depending on what degree of meat you prefer;
- In a frying pan with meat juice, formed after frying, pour a few spoons of water and boil;
- Put the finished langets on the dish, pour over the meat sauce from the pan, garnish and serve..
How to cook a beef stew with sauce
There are several ways to cook a langet: traditional and original (with the addition of savory notes, individual for each chef). Today we will look at the original recipe of cooking a bean-grilled beef with red sauce.
- tenderloin – 600 g;
- unsalted lard – 50 g;
- salt, black pepper – on a pinch;
- tomato sauce – 100 ml;
- semi-sweet red wine – 50 ml;
- parsley – a few twigs;
- garlic – 1 clove.
Cooking time: 35 minutes.
Calories per 100 g: 173 kcal.
- Drain the tenderloin, cut into oblong slices (up to 10 mm thick), beat off and season with salt and pepper (determine the quantity depending on your personal preferences);
- Fry the lard in a hot frying pan, and then remove – you will not need it anymore;
- Put 2-3 slices of tenderloin in boiling fat and fry on both sides for 3-4 minutes. Then repeat the same steps with the rest of the meat;
- In a pan, in which the meat was fried, enter the tomato sauce, red semi-sweet wine and chopped clove of garlic. Boil the sauce for 1-2 minutes, then add the chopped parsley;
- Put the cooked langets on the dish, generously pour each of them with spicy red sauce and serve. Garnish choose at your discretion.
Option dishes with mushrooms in the oven
Beef steak with mushrooms is a truly festive dish that can be made from the minimum amount of ingredients and with the least effort. The main thing is to choose the right piece of meat..
- lumbar tenderloin – 1 kg;
- salt, black pepper – on a pinch;
- mushrooms (champignons) – 0.5 kg;
- onions – 2-3 pcs .;
- sour cream – 150 ml.
Cooking time: 45 minutes.
Calories per 100 g: 165 kcal.
How to cook beef stew with mushrooms in the oven:
- Beef cut into oblong “tongues”, a little beat off and fry for 2 minutes on each side in a hot red frying pan. Already roasted pieces sprinkle with salt and pepper;
- Spread langetes in one row on a greased baking sheet. Spread the uncut half-rings onion and champignon plates on top;
- Pour sour cream over all and send to the oven for 30 minutes at 1800WITH;
- Place the finished langets on a la carte plates and serve..
Two tips at last
- meat for cooking must be cut in the transverse direction;
- Langetts should be fried quickly and always in a hot frying pan – the meat should remain juicy inside and not dry out.
Enjoy your meal!