Sometimes you really want to taste something delicious, but there is no time to make an elaborate cake or pastries. This situation often occurs. A good housewife for such cases is always in store for frozen puff pastry, which allows you to quickly cook some pastries. Most housewives buy it in the store, and some do it themselves..
However, the cooking process requires a lot of effort, so most often women prefer the first option, although they realize that homemade dough is much more useful than their purchased brother. It allows you to cook a variety of pastries: sweet and savory. Every hostess has a similar recipe in stock..
Their taste is not much different, but the first kind more rises and has a characteristic sourish smell when baking. The yeast-free dough has more layers and they are more clearly defined..
|Yeast Puff Pastry –||450 grams|
|Apples –||2-3 pieces|
|Granulated sugar –||150 grams|
|Time for preparing: 100 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 230 Kcal|
- Thaw the dough, leaving it indoors for a while. Cut it into equal sized squares;
- Wash the apples, core them and peel them. Cut the fruit into small, flat pieces. It is important that the pieces of apples are smaller in size compared to the base in order to securely close the edges and form envelopes;
- Roll each piece of apple in sugar and place on the base. Collapse envelopes, for which to fasten the sides opposite to each other diagonally;
- Grease the envelopes with cold water and place on a baking sheet. Bake for twenty minutes.
After baking, pastries can be decorated with powdered sugar, confectionary dressing or icing. To prepare the glaze you need to take a few spoons of milk and sugar. Mix everything, put on the hob until the sugar has melted. When the icing is cool, it can be coated with pastries..
Traditional envelopes with cottage cheese
- Yeast frozen semi-finished product – 1 pack;
- Cottage cheese – 200 grams;
- Semolina – 25 grams;
- Granulated sugar – 25 grams.
How to cook:
- Mix well cottage cheese, semolina, sugar;
- Thaw and cut the dough into squares of the same size, each side should be equal to ten centimeters. Spread the filling and interlock the corners of the squares in the form of an envelope;
- The baking process should last twenty minutes, the oven should be preheated to 200 degrees.
Before putting the pastry on the baking sheet, grease it with vegetable oil. Another option is to use parchment for baking..
Sweet pastry with jam
- Yeast puff pastry – 200 grams;
- Flour – 30 grams;
- Jam – 300 grams.
- Thaw and roll out the dough, cut it into identical squares. Their size should be ten by ten centimeters. Pre-sprinkle the table with flour so that the envelopes do not stick;
- Place in the middle of one teaspoon of jam and roll, fastening between the opposite corners;
- Grease the baking sheet with vegetable oil, put the envelopes in there and keep in the oven for twenty minutes.
If the jam for the filling is liquid, then it must first be mixed with flour or starch. If this is not done, during baking the liquid filling will leak out and the baking will be spoiled..
Delicate Envelopes with Chicken
- Non-yeast frozen cake mix – 1 pack;
- Chicken fillet – 400 grams;
- Carrots – 1 piece;
- Onions – 2 pieces;
- Apple cider vinegar – 10 grams;
- Salt and pepper.
How to cook:
- While the dough is being thawed, you should start preparing the filling;
- Cut chicken fillet and onion into small cubes. Grate carrots. Mix everything thoroughly by adding salt, pepper, apple cider vinegar;
- Roll out the dough and cut it into squares. Put the stuffing in the center of each square, pinch opposite edges;
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and place envelopes for thirty minutes..
You can experiment with the filling and add other ingredients there, for example, mushrooms, porcini mushrooms, tomatoes or sweet peppers. Chicken can be replaced by fish.
Rich envelopes with minced meat
- Unleavened puff pastry – 450 grams;
- Minced pork and beef – 300 grams;
- Onions – 2 pieces;
- Vegetable oil;
- Salt and pepper;
- While the dough is being defrosted, chop the onion into small pieces and fry in a frying pan in vegetable oil;
- Mix minced meat and fried onions. Salt and pepper the filling;
- Sprinkle flour on the table, otherwise the dough may stick. Roll and cut squares. Place the filling on it and connect the opposite edges;
- Preheat oven, cover baking sheet with parchment, put envelopes and bake for twenty minutes..
Envelopes with cheese: just melt in your mouth
- Unleavened puff pastry – 1 pack;
- Cheese – 200 grams;
- Egg for lubrication;
- Salt, pepper, greens.
How to cook:
- Cut the dough into squares measuring ten by ten centimeters. Cut the cheese into small cubes;
- Put cheese on squares, sprinkle it with salt, spices at your discretion. Blind the corners of the envelopes between them;
- Heat the oven. Brush pastries with yolk and bake for twenty minutes.
Often, in addition to cheese, pine nuts, pistachios or hazelnuts are added to the filling. Sometimes the usual cheese is replaced by soft. So the filling will turn out more gentle, air.
Note: recipe for homemade puff pastry
All the above recipes were based on purchased puff pastry. But you can do it yourself if you have time or do not want to buy the finished product in the store..
- Flour – 1 kilogram;
- Butter – 800 grams;
- Chicken Egg – 2 pieces;
- Salt – 10 grams;
- Vinegar 2-7% – 20 grams;
- Cold water – 300 milliliters.
How to knead:
- It is necessary to start cooking with the liquid part, for which you should mix eggs, vinegar, salt;
- Add cold water to the mixture. Mix well and place in the refrigerator;
- Sift flour and pour on the table. Grate pre-cooled butter with a grater. It is important to constantly roll the butter in flour. Mix flour and butter;
- To form a small hill, in the center of it make a hole, pour there the liquid prepared in advance. Knead mass for a long time can not be. It is necessary to collect it in small portions and stack them on each other in layers;
- Put the dough in a bag and place in the refrigerator. Keep in the cold should be from two to ten hours, the longer the better.
Homemade puff pastry, as well as store, is best kept in the freezer. If the dough needs to be defrosted, it is better to place it in the main compartment of the refrigerator, and not in the room. The shelf life in the freezer can reach several months, in the main compartment – several days..
|Per 100 grams of product||6.4||35.1||37.8||493.1|
Layered dough is suitable for preparing a variety of pastries: pies, chicken, pie, envelope, puffs, rolls, croissants. Favorite by many Russians the cake “Napoleon” is also made from it.
The options for the filling depend on the available products, desires. The hostess can show culinary imagination, regularly delight their households with delicious instant pastries..
However, one should not forget about the high caloric content of this product, since its preparation requires a lot of butter. That is why people who are watching weight should use puff pastries with great care..