Buns – a great afternoon tea or addition to tea. Prepare them from baking yeast, sand or puff pastry. They can be with all sorts of fillings: jam, cottage cheese, poppy seeds, cinnamon, apples and other fruits and berries.
Cooking gingerbread buns from yeast dough is a laborious process, but you can do it easier – make delicious pastry from the finished puff.
Below is a selection of recipes for buns with various fillings, both from purchased dough and from cooked dough..
|ready frozen puff pastry –||500 g|
|sweet apples with firm pulp –||500 g|
|apricot jam (or liquid honey) –||120g|
|cinnamon and powdered sugar –||for decoration|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 203 Kcal|
- The dough must first be removed from the refrigerator and put on a floury-powdered table so that it thaws out;
- Wash apples, cut them in half (do not remove the peel) and remove seeds and solid partitions with a knife or a special device. Cut apples into petals no more than 3 mm thick. The thinner the petals, the easier it will be to form a rose;
- To melt the dough, roll it into a layer 3 mm thick, cut it along the long side into strips 4-5 cm wide, smear them with jam or honey. Apple plates put on strips so that they protrude slightly over the edge;
- Then roll the strips with apple slices into small rolls. Each roll set in a silicone or iron cake pan so that the rosette does not fall apart;
- Bake muffins 45 minutes at 200 degrees. Chilled buds sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Baking with cinnamon puff yeast dough
Cinnabon – the name of the most popular American cinnamon buns. They are baked from special flour with a high content of gluten and covered with soft cream cheese cream.
The process of their preparation, although fascinating, is rather complicated, and not every hostess can master it. Therefore, novice bakers can offer a lightweight, but no less tasty version of cinnamon buns from puff yeast dough. Of course, you can buy it in the store, but you can cook it yourself..
For the dough and bun filling, you will need:
- 20 g of pressed yeast;
- 300 g butter;
- 1 egg;
- 50 grams of sugar;
- 5 g of salt;
- 85 ml of drinking water;
- 130 ml of milk;
- 500-600 g of flour;
- 60 g of melted butter;
- 15 g cinnamon;
- 60 g brown sugar.
Because of the time spent on self-cooking puff yeast dough for baking buns in a total of 3.5 -4 hours.
Calorie buns with cinnamon 363.8 kcal / 100 g.
- Preparation of yeast puff pastry begins with the fact that in warm water you need to dissolve 20 g of granulated sugar and pressed yeast. Then they must be removed in the heat until a foam cap appears on top. It usually takes 10-15 minutes;
- Then you need to pour a slightly loose, but not beaten egg and milk into the played yeast. Mix well;
- The remaining sugar, salt and flour mix and pour on the table. Top with cold butter cubes. Knife chop butter with flour;
- When the butter and flour turns into a crumb, pour in the diluted yeast and quickly knead the smooth and soft mass. It is important not to knead for a long time, so that small pieces of butter are enveloped and not soaked in flour;
- Formed into a ball of dough wrap cling film and leave in the cold for 2-3 hours;
- Soaked dough divided into pieces, each need to roll into a rectangular layer. Smear with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar mixed with cinnamon;
- Roll up all the rolls and cut it into pieces 5-6 cm thick. Lay the blanks cut down on the parchment-laid baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes at 180-200 degrees.
The use of ready-made puff pastry greatly simplifies and speeds up the process of baking. In fact, when it is ready, it remains only to figure out what the filling will be and how to form the future product. One of the popular toppings is cheese, and the easiest way to form a bun is roll.
To make rolls with curd filling you will need:
- 500 g of the finished puff pastry (preferably yeast, with him the buns will be more magnificent);
- 500 g of cottage cheese;
- 100 g of sugar;
- 100 g raisins;
- 1 chicken egg and 1 yolk (for lubricating the top of the baking);
- 30 grams of starch;
- 20 g orange peel;
- 20 g vanilla sugar.
It will take no more than 50 minutes to make curd rolls.
In 100 grams of buns with cottage cheese filling will be 280.4 kilocalories.
- Put dough on a floured table so that it defrosts;
- Raisin pour boiling water for 10 minutes;
- Cottage cheese, sugar (including vanilla), egg, starch put in a deep bowl and beat well with a blender until smooth;
- Then add to the filling raisins, orange zest and now just stir with a spoon;
- Roll out a layer of dough, but not very thinly, evenly spread the filling on it with a spoon and roll everything up;
- Cut a large roll into small lengths of about 7-8 cm. Lay them on a laid or greased baking sheet with a seam on the bottom. Top with whipped egg yolk and bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked at 180-200 degrees.
Puff poppy pastry from yeast-free dough
The dough for these buns can, of course, be purchased at the store, or you can cook it yourself. Yes, it will be much longer and more difficult, but the result is worth it. After all, you can always be confident in the quality and freshness of the products that were used to prepare.
For puff yeast dough and poppy filling will be used:
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 250 g butter;
- 20 ml of vodka;
- 15 ml of table vinegar;
- 3 g of salt;
- 450-500 g of flour;
- 200 g poppy;
- 5 ml of milk;
- 150 grams of sugar;
- 100 g of raisins.
Cooking time – 3-3.5 hours.
Calorie poppy rolls will be – 394.3 kcal / 100 g.
Stages of cooking:
- Shake the egg in a glass (250 ml) until smooth, add salt, vinegar and vodka to it. Stir everything so that the crystals of the salt dissolve and then top up with water;
- Pour the flour into a bowl, make a well in it and pour the mixture. Knead the elastic and elastic dough, for this you need to beat about 50 times on the table;
- The finished dough should be left on the table for an hour at room temperature in order for the gluten to swell. In the meantime, you need to get the butter out of the refrigerator so that it also melts a little;
- Roll out the prepared dough into a thin layer, brush with melted butter, fold 3 times and roll. Brush the flour from the resulting layer, fold it in three times and roll it out. So repeat 3 more times;
- Cool the mass in the refrigerator for half an hour, and in the meantime prepare the filling. Poppy pour a glass of boiling water and leave for half an hour to swell;
- Beat the protein with sugar, add poppy sifted through a sieve and grind well;
- Roll the dough into a rectangular layer and cut it into triangles. Smear each poppy a little before reaching the edges, sprinkle with raisins. Then roll the buns, starting from the base of the triangle to the top, and give them a horseshoe shape;
- Smear pastries with beaten yolk and bake under the same temperature conditions as in other recipes; about 30 minutes.
Puffs with jam
In just a few minutes, you can make buns from ready-made puff pastry with jam. This recipe is ideal, if suddenly a girlfriend decided to visit a cup of tea, then puff pastry packaging from the store and a jar of jam can turn any novice hostess into the eyes of guests practically into a chef.
For quick puff buns you will need:
- 500 g puff pastry;
- 100 g of jam;
- 30 grams of starch;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 30 grams of powdered sugar for sprinkling.
The time spent will be 30-40 minutes..
Calorie buns – 338.0 kcal / 100 g.
Formation and baking:
- Thawed puff pastry roll out and cut into squares with sides of 7 cm;
- Jam mix with starch. This should be done if it is watery. In the thick jam do not need to add starch;
- Put 1 teaspoon of jam in the center of each square, brush the edges of the squares with whipped protein and pinch them in the center with an envelope;
- Top the buns with a yolk and bake for 20-25 minutes at 200 degrees.
Have a nice tea party with homemade cakes!