Cherry claphuthi is a wonderful fruit cake that belongs to the class of jellied baking. It is done very quickly, it does not require any special, hard-to-reach ingredients in our country, and any variation of claufti (and there are dozens of them!) Will taste like unmatched.
|the eggs –||4 things.|
|cherry –||600 grams|
|butter –||1 tablespoon|
|flour –||½ cup|
|sugar –||½ cup|
|salt –||¼ tsp|
|vanilla –||1 pod|
|milk –||250 milliliters|
|Time for preparing: 65 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 162 Kcal|
Classics of French cuisine is considered to be clafouti cake made from fresh or canned cherries..
A real cook, originally from France, will never take on other fruits to replace this sour berry, except for a close-to-taste sweet cherry..
To begin, wash the cherries and clean it from the bones. Put the softened butter in a deep baking dish and gently distribute it over the entire surface. Cherry put in the center of the form.
Separately, in a container, mix sugar, flour, and salt. Boil the milk with a vanilla pod, then cool and filter. We drive eggs into milk and pour the liquid part of the dough to dry.
Beat dough for klafuti blender. It should turn out liquid, similar to low-fat sour cream..
Fill the cherries in the form, gently distribute them when they come up, and send the claufti to the oven heated to 180 degrees for 45 minutes.
The cake is ready!
Cherry Chocolate Clafouty
The combination of cherry and chocolate is the key to a delicious dessert. This principle also applies when cooking klafuti. To get the sweetest French dessert, take:
- rind of one lemon;
- sugar – ½ cup;
- wheat flour – 80-100 grams;
- eggs – 3 pieces larger;
- black chocolate – half a tile;
- milk – 350 milliliters;
- oil or lard for mold coating;
- cherry – 1 cup (about 200 grams).
Cooking time – 70 minutes.
Calorie – about 156 kcal.
Preparation traditionally begin with the preparation of cherries: it must be cleaned, washed and lightly roll in sugar. Put the cherries in the sugar in the buttered form. Separately knead the dough: for a start in 50 milliliters of milk, melt chocolate.
Put it in a water bath on a small fire, and when it has melted, mix and pour it into the rest of the milk, add eggs and whisk with sugar. Gradually add flour and zest..
The dough for chocolate klafuti is thicker than usual due to chocolate, which means that you need to bake it a little less – 40 minutes will be enough.
Decorate the finished cake with powdered sugar and fresh mint leaves: your perfect chocolate clafouty is ready!
Cherry claufti and brandy in a slow cooker
With the advent of multicookers, cooking has become even easier. And klafuti with a cherry in a slow cooker is the simplest delicacy that can be cooked within an hour, and the lion’s share of time will be taken by baking dessert. To make clafuti with cherries and brandy in a slow cooker you need:
- cream – 1 cup or 200 milliliters (can be replaced with low-fat sour cream);
- flour – 1 cup;
- sugar – 2 tablespoons;
- chicken eggs – 3 pieces;
- vanilla sugar – 1 bag;
- butter – 1 tablespoon;
- baking powder food – 2 teaspoons;
- cherry – 1 cup;
- Cognac – 1 tablespoon.
Cooking time – 85 minutes.
Calorie – 254 kcal.
We soak the cherry in brandy: it will give it the aroma and delicate taste in the finished clafouty. Whip eggs with a whisk with sugar and vanilla sugar, add cream, flour, baking powder to them, and then still beat a little until a homogeneous consistency..
The bowl of the multicooker must be oiled, and then pour the ready dough into it. We pour cherries next and set the “Baking” or “Multipovar” mode. The main thing is that the temperature inside the multicooker reaches 120 degrees. Set the timer for 45 minutes, and then bring to readiness on the usual “heating” another 20 minutes.
Peach claufti with cottage cheese
Many culinary specialists deviate from the tradition of cooking claufti exclusively with cherries. Owing to this, airy fruit desserts are obtained, in the midst of which one can especially distinguish claufuti with a peach. Thanks to this juicy and sweet fruit, the cake turns out to be fragrant and tender, and a special note to the recipe of klafuti with peach adds … ordinary cottage cheese.
Ingredients for peach clafouti with cottage cheese:
- chicken eggs – 5 pieces;
- sugar – 150 grams;
- cottage cheese – 150 grams;
- flour – 100 grams;
- sour cream – 100 grams;
- milk – 60 grams;
- butter for plastering;
- peaches – 5-6 pieces.
Cooking time – 75 minutes.
The calorie content of this cake is much higher than in the classical version, and depending on the fat content of the curd and sour cream can reach 417 kcal / 100 grams.
Beat cottage cheese with a blender with sugar, milk and sour cream. If there is no blender, you can grind it through a fine sieve and add to the rest of the ingredients. Gradually drive in the dough over the egg, add flour and mix thoroughly so that there are no lumps. Peaches are stoned, cut into strips and neatly laid out in an oiled form with a layer. Fill the dough and bake in the oven at 180 degrees 50 minutes.
Clafuti’s recipes are based on the basic principles of roasting egg-flour dough, but you can also achieve perfection in this dessert through little tricks:
- Try to use only fresh cherries for the French pie. If you have to deal with frozen berries, let them defrost well, rinse and drain in a colander, so that the glass has excess moisture;
- Another way to keep beautiful whole berries in the dessert: roll them before putting them into shape in starch or sugar;
- Seasonal fruits are one of the most optimal fillings for clafoutis. In the summer, this pastry can be baked safely with apricots and strawberries, raspberries and gooseberries, currants or ripe nectarines, and in the autumn cranberries, lingonberries and even chokeberry will be a good candidate for pie;
- The French prefer to cook clafouti from cherries with stones: for example, they think the dessert has a special flavor and aroma;
- By replacing sugar with powdered sugar, you can quickly beat the dough for klafuti, it will have a more elastic structure and a delicate taste;
- If you do not have chocolate on hand, add ordinary cocoa powder to chocolate cake, it will also give a rich chocolate taste to your dessert;
- It is very simple to get a two-color dessert: separate a part of the finished dough and add cocoa, cherry juice or a food coloring of any color to it. Pour into the form, first one half of the dough, and on top of it – the second. Make neat stains with a wooden skewer, and at the exit you will have not only a delicious, but also a very beautiful cake;
- If you want to make klafuti more spicy, but do not want to use alcohol (rum, brandy) for flavoring, add cinnamon and vanilla to the berries or fruit;
- The perfect “companion” for serving klafuti is coffee. With this drink, the taste of the dessert will be revealed best of all..
Cherry clafuti is a delicious and unusual dessert, like all French cuisine, and its charm lies in the simplicity of the ingredients. It can even be prepared by someone who only masters the basics of cooking and pastry craftsmanship, but you can even surprise an experienced gourmet with a beautiful and fragrant slice of such a pie..