What are the Egyptian pies? They have a layered structure made from yeast dough. Egyptian pies are distinguished by their elegance and special delicate taste, due to the cream layer “Magalabiya”.
Even if you have never worked with yeast or puff pastry, do not worry. Following the detailed step-by-step description, you can easily prepare them, even without experience and skills..
|milk –||750 ml|
|dry yeast instant –||10 g|
|chicken egg –||1 PC.|
|table salt –||pinch|
|soft spread –||200 g|
|wheat flour –||4 st.|
|granulated sugar –||1 st.|
|margarine –||200 g|
|vanilla sugar –||10 g|
|Time for preparing: 240 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 276 Kcal|
How to cook Egyptian quiche:
- Heat milk to 35-370C, dissolve sugar and instant yeast in it. Wait until a frothy cap appears on its surface, and then add a pinch of salt, an egg and flour. Knead a soft elastic dough. Further, it will need to be divided into 2 equal parts;
- Put one piece on a floured work surface and roll it into a layer 10 mm thick. Grease it with half of the softened spread and roll it into a roll. The roll itself will need to be rolled up in the form of a snail and placed in a package. With the second half of the test, do the same. Put the cooked “snails” for 2.5-3 hours in the refrigerator (pay attention, the dough should lie in the refrigerator, not in the freezer!);
- In the meantime, start cooking custard. Stir the flour in 100 ml of cold milk, breaking all the lumps that form. Bring the rest of the milk to a boil, add sugar and vanilla sugar into it. Then send the margarine and wait until it is completely dissolved in boiling milk. Finally, pour a thin stream of flour diluted in cold milk and continue to boil the cream until it thickens (stirring constantly). Remove the finished cream from heat and allow to cool at room temperature;
- After 3 hours, remove the dough from the refrigerator. No need to knead it! The test “snail” needs to be rolled out into a layer 1 cm thick. Cut this layer into several equal parts, and shift one of them onto a greased baking sheet;
- Cover it with cooked custard and cover with another piece of dough. Fold the edges under the bottom layer;
- With the rest of the dough and cream, repeat all the same steps, forming a layered cake;
- The topmost layer needs to be pierced in several places with a fork, and then you can send it to bake. This product is baked for 20-25 minutes at 1800C. Focus on education on the surface of the cake beautiful brown crust;
- The finished “Fytyr” is fed to the table chilled, if desired, it can be sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Lazy Egyptian cake “Fytyr” with custard
- ready puff pastry – 0.4 kg;
- whole milk – 200 ml;
- granulated sugar – 120 g;
- chicken egg yolk – 1 pc .;
- powdered sugar – 2 tablespoons l .;
- corn starch – 3 tbsp.
Cooking time: 1 hour.
Number of kcal per 100 g: 277 kcal.
- Since we will use ready-made dough for a lazy Egyptian cake, then cooking should be started by cooking custard. Mix the egg yolk with cornstarch, sugar and cold whole milk. Beat the mixture with a blender and set on fire. With constant stirring, bring the mass to a boil, and then remove from heat. To taste you can add a little vanilla. Cool the cream to room temperature;
- Finished puff pastry must be defrosted and divided into two equal parts. Roll out the first part a bit and place it in a greased baking pan. Cover the dough with chilled custard;
- The second part must also be rolled out and then pierced through in several places with the help of a fork. Place this layer on top of the cream, tuck the edges of the first layer of fruit;
- Send the baking tin to preheated to 2000With the oven and bake the cake for 20 minutes. As soon as a ruddy appetizing crust begins to form on its surface, remove it from the oven;
- Lazy Egyptian cake stuffed with custard – ready! Serve it for tea or other favorite drinks, but always chilled..
If you want a ready-made Egyptian cake to have a crispy, crusty crust, before sending it to the oven, brush the top layer with a whipped yolk or sour cream. Rosy crust will be guaranteed to you!
Classic custard is prepared using butter or margarine, but when preparing an Egyptian cake, butter can be excluded from the cream (replacing it with starch). This is due to the fact that in the test itself there is so much oil. Its abundance will make the cake too high in calories and “heavy”.