I wanted to please my loved ones and bake a festive Easter cake at home, but it did not seem to be a special form – it does not matter! It will be replaced with great success by the available materials that are in each kitchen. Read below, in what to bake a cake, if there is no special form, and put into practice our ideas.
5 original ideas
Previously, at home, they baked wonderful ceremonial baking without purchased industrial production of pasochnits, because such Soviet and Russian industry simply did not produce.
Today, given the abundance of modern kitchen utensils, the possibilities to bake something traditional, even if there are no purchased inventory specifically designed for such purposes, are much more.
Here are the five most simple and affordable ways to get out of a seemingly intractable situation..
Idea number 1: use unnecessary packaging
The very first idea is not so new. The meaning of the replacement is to use an empty tin can from under the purchased canned food, or any other food packaging that has served its proper shape and capacity..
In order to get an excellent design for baking a piece of different mass of pastry in the form of a cylinder, any “store” preservation is taken, from 70 g packaging of tomato paste to “kilo in tomato” to two-liter cans of canned peaches.
In addition to packaging made of tin, cardboard cylindrical packages are also suitable, for example, from under chips or candy..
A lid is removed from the cartons, and a circle of oiled parchment is lined to the bottom..
Idea # 2: cups and glass cups
This tea utensils are extremely convenient for such an atypical use: ceramics and glass heat up evenly and well, which means that the cake will be baked in them qualitatively and to glory.
Moreover, tea and coffee cups are not at all afraid of high heat, and will not burst in the oven..
Cups can be taken and coffee, and large, so-called “tureens”, 500-700 milliliters.
And preferably not too expensive, without unnecessary drawings (may deteriorate from the heat) and metal ornaments. Ideal for baking, ordinary, everyday, earthenware or ceramics.
It will be great if there is a metal enamelled mug on the farm..
Idea number 3: paper cylinders
If there is no industrial preparation of canned goods, or they are, but there is no desire to release and wash them, but there are not enough cups and glasses, or they are simply afraid for them, there is a great way to quickly and freely build as many molds as you need..
Paper pieces are mounted on a baking sheet at once a few pieces, so their position will be more stable when baking, they will support each other and they will not tumble to the side.
Idea number 4: silicone or metal molds for baking cakes
In each kitchen there are containers of silicone or edible metal, intended for the preparation of muffins or small muffins..
Such devices can be single-piece, or several units at once combined into a single sheet..
The geometry of silicone products is varied: there are both in the form of a square and a rhombus, and in the form of flowers, stars, animals and the hero of cartoons.
It is clear that for a traditional ritual baking a cake mold will not work, made though in the form of a cylinder, but with a hole in the middle..
For pasok it is best to choose such constructions of the correct cylindrical shape, or in the form of small truncated cones.
Both silicone and iron constructions will still need to be oiled before dipping the yeast dough into them, otherwise baked cakes will be difficult to shake out, since they are designed for fatty shortcrust dough..
Idea number 5: cocottes and crooks
Of course, this is not the most common option; not every family cooks julienes at home, and even such home cooks do not need such special crooks, or, more correctly, kokotnitsy.
These cocottes are completely different in size, from small, 70-100 g, to large, one-liter vessels..
Most often they are made of ceramic, in the form of such pots, and stainless steel..
Nevertheless, if they turned out to be on the farm, they can be easily put into baking Easter cakes, and they will turn out to be very beautiful and smooth..
How to make a form with your own hands
All homemade “crafts” on this issue of special breadmaking are not distinguished by complexity and lengthy preparatory activities..
To use a container made of metal from under canned products purchased in a supermarket, the sequence of simple steps to turn it into an assistant analogue of a failed purchase shop is the following:
- The can is opened very carefully, without leaving a “burr”, and the cover is completely cut off..
- Tara is thoroughly washed and dried..
- Pliers protruding sharp edges tightly bent inward, so that the top rim on the package was completely smooth and could not hurt.
- A circle equal to the diameter of the bottom of the tin is cut out of ordinary baking paper – it is simply put on paper and outlined in pencil..
- Next, a rectangle is cut that is 1.5–3 centimeters above the tin and capable of wrapping it in a couple of centimeters in length with a margin.
- Paper tabs in the package are lubricated with refined vegetable oil, or melted cream, and inserted inside: the circle is on the bottom, and the sides of the cylinder are lined with a rectangle.
- The improvised “pochashnitsa is ready! It remains only to guess the right amount of pastry and put it into it for proofing.
For the manufacture of paper cylinders will not require a lot of trouble, they are made easily and quickly from the usual thick A4 paper for copying equipment.
First of all, take as many sheets as needed to bake Easter cakes. Then follow the step by step instructions:
- the sheet is cut in half lengthwise;
- an ordinary glass is taken, and a paper strip is wrapped around it, bending the remnants of paper at the bottom;
- the glass is removed, and the sides are held together by a stapler, in the hands should remain a paper sleeve having walls and a bottom.
How to bake a cake
The rules for baking Easter cakes in home-made designs are almost the same as all other rules used for accessories purchased in the store..
The main difference is that dishes made with their own hands will not have anti-burn properties; they need to be given them additionally..
For this purpose, use:
- for tin cans – special paper, or plain, but greased with cooking oil (vegetable or creamy butter, melted high-quality margarine);
- for all other home-made fixtures they use a lubricant, which is suitable as an odorless oil and spreads.
A baking oven in prepared improvised “cylinders” is needed in the same way as in factory-made ones:
- measure the right amount of test;
- roll it into a ball;
- lower the ball to the bottom of the tank and let it come in a warm place;
- put the baked muffin in a heated oven and bake at 180 degrees Celsius until golden ruffles appear.
However, in such manipulations there is a single exception for glass cups, since they can not withstand a sharp temperature drop and crack right in the oven. Therefore, glasses with an increase in the volume of beef dough put in a little warm, not well warmed up oven..
If you are resorting to pure paper products, you should not worry that in one such format the models will burn or bake kulich: this will not happen if the temperature in the oven is correctly maintained, and at its bottom if gas burning is used, and there is no convection mode , put the pan with hot water.
Of course, liners from paper sheets must be oiled.
Special forms designed for baking cakes on the open market appeared relatively recently, and they, of course, are convenient: they have a non-stick coating and the necessary dimensions.
But there are such “pasochnitsy” not cheap, they are quite expensive to purchase several pieces at once, and they are not sold every day. If you show enough resourcefulness, you can create almost free counterparts from what is in the house of any hostess, and quietly, without much hassle, bake Pasca at least every day!