Viennese cookies to cook – just spit! Even a child and a beginner in cooking will cope with the task. It’s so simple that sometimes it’s even funny.
Such baking will never be superfluous. It can be eaten with tea, for breakfast or a late dinner. You can take to work or picnic. In addition, it is good because you are sure of its quality. Only you know what is in the composition and how useful it is..
|flour –||800 g|
|baking powder –||5 g|
|margarine –||250 g|
|eggs –||2 pcs.|
|salt –||3 g|
|jam –||330 g|
|Time for preparing: 80 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 381 Kcal|
Cooking classic Viennese cookies with jam in stages:
- Take margarine out of the fridge, unpack it and cut it into cubes;
- Place the cubes in a saucepan and put it on the stove;
- Let the margarine dissolve to a liquid state and then remove from the stove;
- Add sugar and salt, stir until dissolved and allow the mass to cool to room temperature;
- When cool, beat the eggs, add baking powder and whisk until a homogeneous texture;
- Then add the flour in parts, passing it through a sieve;
- Stir with a whisk or mixer as long as possible, and then continue manually;
- The result should be a soft, elastic dough;
- Divide it into three parts and put one of them into the freezer for a quarter of an hour;
- Combine the two parts of the dough and roll it in the form of a baking sheet, which, by the way, must be pre-oiled or at least covered with a sheet of parchment. The width of the dough should be about 5 mm;
- Put the layer on a baking sheet;
- Lubricate the bottom layer of your favorite jam;
- Remove from the freezer the third part of the dough and evenly rub it on a coarse grater over the jam;
- Preheat the oven to 190 Celsius, and when it is hot, put the pan inside;
- Bake the cookies for twenty minutes;
- It can be cut hot (so softer and easier) or when cooled (so safer).
Viennese Chocolate Cookies
- 20 g sugar;
- 320 g butter;
- 270 g chocolate;
- 4 eggs;
- 400 g flour.
How much to do – 1 hour and 20 minutes.
How many calories – 459 calories.
- Oil must first be pulled out of the refrigerator so that it warms up and becomes soft;
- Cut the butter into cubes, add sugar to it and whisk both components with a whisk until fluffy;
- Add eggs and beat again until smooth;
- In several stages (one spoon) add flour through a sieve, gradually kneading the soft dough with your hands;
- Divide the resulting mass into three parts. Two to connect, and the third to clean in the freezer for thirty minutes;
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius and take out one baking sheet before it has even had time to heat up and cover it with a sheet of baking paper;
- The dough, which consists of two parts, knead a little and then roll out to form a baking sheet and place it there;
- Grate the chocolate on top and distribute it evenly. It is possible, in principle, to rub and in a separate bowl, and only after that distribute the dough;
- Get the third part of the dough and rub it too, but already on top of the chocolate;
- Put in the oven for thirty minutes;
- Hot biscuits a la carte portions and wait until cool.
Tatiana Litvinova’s recipe
- 2 yolks;
- 200 g of jam;
- 60 g sugar;
- 2 pinch of salt;
- 200 g of flour;
- 2 g of vanillin;
- 160 g butter.
How much to do – 1 hour and 15 minutes.
How many calories – 347 calories.
How to cook Viennese cookies according to Tatiana Litvinova’s recipe:
- Oven included at 160 centigrade;
- Place the largest cutting board in the freezer;
- Remove the oil in advance to soften;
- Mix it with sugar and drive a blender to white color and increase in volume;
- Next, add flour through a sieve, yolks and vanilla;
- Mass knead in a smooth and soft dough;
- Take two sheets of parchment, place the dough between them and roll it in a thickness of about 3 mm;
- Then remove the top sheet, and under the bottom place a cold board from the freezer;
- Cut future cookies in any shape;
- Divide the cut blanks into two parts and in one half make holes in the center with a diameter of at least about 10 mm;
- Take sheets of parchment and put them on a baking sheet;
- Arrange cookies and bake on them for twenty minutes;
- Take out the cookies and let them cool;
- Slice whole cookies with jam, put cookies with a hole on top and put some more jam in the hole;
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving..
A thick jam must be added to the cookie, otherwise it will flow and bake unevenly. In case you have only a liquid version of jam, then add ground nuts to it. They will thicken the jam, and you can safely add it..
To ensure that the lower part rolls out well, we recommend cooling it down for at least twenty minutes. To do this, you can put it in the fridge..
Instead of jam, you can use various other fillings. For example, it can be a sweet sauce, cream, or it can even be berries and fruits, chocolate, dried fruits, nuts. Of course, you can still combine all this happiness, but then be prepared for a sweet bomb!
Prepare Viennese cookies required. Brew a cup of tea and drown in your thoughts!