Many have seen of us panettone in beautiful large boxes in the supermarket. What is it? And why such gift wrapping, sometimes even with champagne? Cake? Pie? Cake? Let’s try to figure it out, and at the same time prepare this overseas miracle..
Panettone – Italian Easter Cake
Italians, like us, are preparing their own cake for one of the main holidays. It is called “panettone”, which translates as “bread of luxury”. And the truth is: a huge amount of ingredients and a lot of dried fruits go into it. Less – cream is added: chocolate, vanilla, cream, etc..
Panettone, due to the addition of alcohol and a long “rest,” is much softer than our cake, and it is stored longer. Its delicate texture, sweetness and high content of raisins or candied fruits make it a favorite not only of children, but also of adults. In Italy, it is baked more often for Christmas than for Easter..
Today, many housewives are trying to bake this foreign cake. Milan is considered its birthplace and it was baked during the Roman Empire. There is no original recipe, in the cake they usually add what they want: nuts, various fruits and dried fruits, chocolate, seeds.
Slavic women love to cook much more, and therefore today we offer you to get acquainted with two different recipes for preparing this tasty food. Depending on the desire, you can prepare a quick or traditional version. In any case, it will be unforgettably tasty.!
|Roma (preferably light) –||20 ml|
|water –||170 ml|
|flour –||545 g|
|raisins –||175 g|
|yeast –||5 g|
|eggs –||3 pcs.|
|candied citrus –||145 g|
|butter (soft) –||260 g|
|salt –||4 g|
|lemon peel –||7 g|
|sugar sand –||160g|
|vanilla –||5 g|
|honey –||40 ml|
|cold butter –||15 g|
|melted butter –||15 ml|
|Time for preparing: 1320 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 349 Kcal|
Italian panettone Easter cake at home should be prepared as follows:
- In one bowl mix the raisins, two spoons of water and rum. Hinder until dried fruit absorbs almost everything into itself;
- In another vessel combine flour, lemon zest, yeast, half a vanilla pod, salt and sugar;
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with water (necessarily warm) and honey. Eggs should be at room temperature;
- Pour the egg part to the flour and mix until smooth;
- Spoon add softened butter and mix it. The finished dough should be quite soft, the batch will take about eight minutes;
- Remove excess moisture from the container with raisins, pour candied fruits into it and pour the specified amount of melted butter, mix;
- With a wooden spatula, mix the dried fruit into the dough;
- Put the dough in a large bowl and put it in a warm place, it is advisable to wrap all the film. Give rise three times for 13-15 hours;
- Pull out the vanilla, roll the ball out of the dough and put it in a mold, sprinkled with flour or, as an option, smeared with butter;
- Cover with a slightly damp cloth and hold for another five hours, let it rise in a warm place without a draft. The dough should grow above the shape;
- Preheat oven to 190 centigrade;
- At the top of the form to make a cross-cut, in the very center to put a piece of cold oil. Bake until the toothpick or skewer is no longer wet when they enter the dough. But they must remain wet;
- Allow to cool and decorate to taste..
- 600 g of flour;
- 110 g dried currants;
- 2 yolks;
- 5 ml vanilla extract;
- 200 g of water;
- 15 g lemon peel;
- 60 g of powdered sugar;
- 15 g yeast;
- 15 g butter;
- 125 g of raisins;
- 120 ml unsweetened yogurt;
- 110 g sugar.
Time – 4 hours.
Calories – 290.
How to cook Easter cake panettone:
- In warm water it is necessary to prepare the brew. To do this, you need to pour all the yeast and a pinch of sugar;
- An obscenity let stand for twenty minutes, so that she would have time to “come to life”
- Pour it into a large bowl, where to add lemon zest, yogurt, vanilla, a little salt, soft butter, yolks;
- When the mass becomes more or less homogeneous, add flour in parts and knead elastic, soft dough;
- Put it in a warm place, without drafts, for a couple of hours. It should grow twice;
- Sprinkle the raisins and dried currants with powdered sugar, and then gently introduce them into the already risen dough;
- Put in a baking dish, it is better to sprinkle it with flour;
- Put baked in a preheated oven at 175 Celsius for forty minutes. Get hold, wait until cool, decorate as desired.
When cooking Easter panettone, as well as when baking a Russian Easter cake, it is important to adhere to some rules. One of them – work with the dough should occur in a warm and quiet room, the windows should be closed, there should be no direct sunlight (falling on the dough).
All ingredients must be at room temperature if the recipe does not specify. This is especially true of eggs and butter, on which the softness and airiness of the future panettone depends..
It is important to cook slowly. The test takes time to come up, and classic panettone may take all night. This is to ensure that all components are completely merged. And, of course, be sure to add a little alcohol in the dough. The yeast must be fresh, and it must be checked on a pack of dry.
Cooking Italian Easter cake panettone is an unusually pleasant and “tasty” thing. You want to cook it not only at Easter, but also on a typical day, in order to please your loved ones with delicate pastries. Italians really know a lot about cooking. Why not try to cook their “cake”?