You can cook an aromatic and juicy chicken not only in the oven, but also in the slow cooker. To do this, you only need to choose small carcasses and complement the taste of meat with various spices and ingredients..
|hen –||1 piece|
|bay leaf –||2 pcs.|
|curry –||4 grams|
|pepper mix –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 100 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 170 Kcal|
There is nothing difficult in cooking a chicken in a slow cooker, but the result is very tasty. With the help of an ordinary kitchen appliance you can make your life much easier.
- Rinse a small carcass under water, then wipe it well with paper towels and remove excess moisture;
- In a bowl, mix curry with salt and rub this mixture into the chicken from all sides, including inside, put the pepper, bay leaf there;
- Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker and select the “baking” mode, cook for 60 minutes.
- After 30 minutes from the beginning of roasting, the carcass should be turned over to the other side so that the meat is evenly cooked..
To make the chicken tasty, you only need to choose small carcasses that fit completely into the bowl of the multicooker. Wings and legs can be tied up with threads so that they fit snugly to the body and take up much less space..
Chicken baked with garlic and curry in foil
So that the chicken cooked in the slow cooker turns out to be tender and fragrant, it can be wrapped in foil before baking, which will keep all the juices inside the meat.
- 1 bird;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- ground pepper;
Cooking time: 3 hours.
Caloric content per 100 grams: 175 kcal.
- The carcass is well washed under running water, then dried and set aside;
- Curry, salt, pepper mix in a separate container, add garlic to the seasoning, chopped and passed through a press, mix;
- Grate the carcass from outside and inside with spices and refrigerate for 1 hour;
- Dish to cook in the bowl of the multicooker in the “baking” mode for 15 minutes on each side, then wrap it in foil and send it to bake for another 80 minutes, and 30 minutes before the end of cooking, turn the foil and let the meat roast.
The chicken will be appetizing and ruddy if it is good to grate curry. The more this seasoning will be on the carcass, the more beautiful it will be.
How to bake a chicken with a crust in soy-honey sauce
Baked chicken – a dish that is present on the tables quite often, but if you wish, you can always experiment and cook poultry according to new recipes. Soy-honey sauce will give the meat tender and savory notes, make it even tastier.
- chicken carcass – 1 piece;
- oil – 50 milliliters;
- garlic – 3 slices;
- honey – 10 grams;
- soy sauce – 80 milliliters.
Cooking time: 120 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams: 186 kcal.
- The carcass is washed, dried and laid out on a large plate;
- Put honey in a small bowl, add soy sauce, butter and grated garlic and mix;
- Grate the sauce on all sides, leave to marinate for an hour;
- Put the carcass into the multicooker bowl, select the “baking” mode and cook for 40 minutes.
Cooked for this recipe chicken has an attractive appearance. The skin is ruddy, bright, and the taste of meat is unusually tender, delicious. This dish is best served with mashed potatoes or baked potatoes..
Baked potatoes with chicken carcass
Potatoes in a slow cooker can be cooked with whole chicken or its individual parts – sirloin, legs, wings. The carcass looks entirely festive..
- 6 pieces of potatoes;
- garlic – 4 slices;
- 1 chicken carcass;
- mayonnaise – 60 milliliters;
- vegetable oil.
Cooking time: 70 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams: 169 kcal.
- Thoroughly examine the chicken, remove feathers and hairs that could remain, wash and wipe with paper napkins and rub with salt;
- Peel the garlic, pass it through the garlic press, add mayonnaise and spices to it;
- Cut the peeled potatoes into slices;
- Grate butter bowl, put chicken into it, and put potatoes on top;
- Bake the carcass with potatoes for 1 hour in the “baking” mode, half an hour on the one hand and the same time on the other.
This dish is served only hot, and for beauty, you can sprinkle it with greens on top..
Recipe for Baked Chicken with Apples
Chicken with apples, baked in a slow cooker, its taste is significantly different from those dishes that are prepared in the oven or in the sleeve. Apples give meat tenderness, juiciness and unusual, but slightly piquant notes.
- chicken – 1 bird;
- 2 apples;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- dried herbs.
Cooking time: 4 hours.
Caloric content per 100 grams: 165 kcal.
- Wash the chicken in warm water, wipe with a cotton cloth;
- Pour dried greens in a mortar, add salt, vegetable oil and 2 slices of chopped garlic to it, rub well all;
- Grate the meat with marinade, make small cuts in it and paste chopped garlic into them, leave in a cold place for 2 hours, so that the chicken marinates and absorbs the flavors;
- Washed red apples cut into small slices and put them inside the carcass, the edges of which sew or fix with toothpicks;
- Transfer the carcass to the slow cooker and cook in the “baking” mode for 30 minutes on the one hand, half an hour on the other, then turn the carcass again and cook for another 20 minutes.
The carcass cooked according to this recipe turns out to be extremely tasty. It must be removed from the bowl, put on a plate and allow it to cool for a while. Serve hot with various side dishes and fresh vegetables.
Chicken baked in foil in cream sauce
Chicken meat cooked in a slow cooker will be more fragrant and tender if you add cream sauce to it.
- chicken – 1 bird;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- ground pepper.
Cooking time: 95 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams: 174 kcal.
- The chicken carcass is washed, dried;
- In a bowl, put the butter, seasonings, and salt to taste, mix;
- On the chicken, slightly lift the skin and inward pour a little of the oil mixture, and rub the rest of the meat on all sides;
- Ties the wings and legs, wrap the chicken in foil, put the slow cooker in the bowl and bake for 60 minutes by selecting the “baking” function, and then another 20 minutes later opening the foil.
During cooking, a tasty and fragrant crust is formed on the chicken. Butter will make meat more tender and refined..
For cooking in a slow cooker, it is best to choose fresh carcasses of small size. Fatty and big hens are not suitable for baking, because their meat is more rigid. In addition, they will not be able to cook evenly and completely, and in some places the meat may remain raw, and in another it will start to burn.
To cook a chicken in a crock-pot, it is necessary to rub it with various spices – ground pepper, salt, curry, Provencal and dried herbs, garlic. From this, its taste will become more saturated and interesting. Also, the carcass can be pickled in various sauces, which will not only add a savory taste to the dish, but also give the skin a beautiful, brilliant appearance..
If the chicken is cooked in foil, its readiness can be determined not only by the appearance of the meat, but also by the foil itself, which turns a little black at the bends. To make the skin browned, the carcass must be cooked first in foil, and 20 minutes before the end of cooking, open it and let it bake well..
The taste of chicken meat will become more tender and juicier if rubbed with spices, marinade, salt and refrigerated for 1 or a few hours. Tangerines, various vegetables, mushrooms, apples, greens, and spices give an unusual and original flavor to meat..