Bulgur, or Mediterranean rice, has become quite popular, especially among people who adhere to a healthy and healthy diet. And this is not surprising, since this cereal has many useful substances in its composition..
In addition, it consists of “slow” carbohydrates, which does not lead to an intensive deposition of fat..
Croup when cooking is difficult to boil soft and does not lose nutrients. It fits perfectly with vegetables, meat and greens. We present to your attention various recipes for cooking bulgur with vegetables.
|bow –||1 piece|
|cherry tomato –||6 items|
|bulgur –||200 g|
|garlic –||1 slice|
|Bell pepper –||1 piece|
|carrot –||1 piece|
|spices and salt –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 70 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 330 Kcal|
Cooking this dish does not take much time for the hostess, and also will delight you with its simplicity and low calorie content..
How to cook bulgur with vegetables:
- Water is poured into a saucepan with bulgur at a ratio of 1: 2, then it must be salted. Bring to a boil. Cook on low heat for another 15 minutes, until it absorbs all the liquid..
- Wash and clean the vegetables thoroughly. The onion is cut into rings, garlic cloves – with plates, carrots – with straws, peppers – with stripes, and tomatoes – half.
- Put onions and garlic on the pan, and then carrots. Fry a few minutes.
- Peppers with tomatoes are added. Passe them a couple of minutes.
- Put cooked bulgur and spices. Mix everything thoroughly.
When serving, you can decorate the dish with herbs.
Recipe for cooking bulgur with meat and vegetables
Groats are perfect for any kind of meat. The food is tasty and quite satisfying..
|lamb or pork||0.6 kg|
|bulgur groats||350 g|
|garlic clove||1 piece|
|Sweet pepper||1 piece|
|salt and spice mix |
Cooking – 90 min.
Calories – 381 kcal.
- Cut the meat into small pieces and fry it in a skillet until appetizing crust appears.
- Carefully wash and clean the vegetables..
- Cut the onion into half rings, carrots into strips, and pepper into stripes. First, fry the onions with carrots, and then add the pepper.
- Put fried vegetables and pork in a pan, pour them with water and simmer for about an hour.
- Rub on a grated tomato, put spices and chopped garlic. They need to add to the pan with meat and vegetables. Salt.
- Pour bulgur and add water to get their ratio 1: 2.
- Cook for 15 minutes with the lid open until the grits soften.
- When serving dish decorate with greens.
For cooking, it is not necessary to take pork. Excellent rich taste of food also attached to lamb on the bone.
Bulgur with vegetables and chicken
This dish is great for a quick lunch or dinner. The hostess will certainly be pleased that the cooking does not take much time, and the result is a fragrant and very tasty food..
|bulgur groats||1 cup|
|chicken (brisket or fillet)||500 g|
|sweet pepper||2 pieces|
|garlic cloves||2 pieces|
|spices and salt||taste|
ground paprika and zira
|1 piece |
2 tbsp. l.
Cooking time –1/2 h.
The number of calories per 100 g – 216 kcal.
- Dice the peppers and chop the onion and garlic. Dice carrots.
- Chopped chicken fillet fried in vegetable oil until a tasty crust begins to appear.
- Spasseur onion, carrot and pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Pour bulgur into the pan with vegetables. Mix thoroughly and add the spices with garlic.
- Tomato paste is put into the pan, fry for another 1 min..
- Water pours in. Salt and add fried chicken fillet.
- We bring the dish to a boil, after which it must be kept on a small fire for about 20 minutes in order for the Bulgarians to cook.
When serving bulgur with vegetables and chicken decorate with greens.
Bulgur with vegetables in a slow cooker
Cooked in a slow cooker, the dish turns out fragrant and crumbly. In addition, the cooking process does not take much time.
|bulgur||half a cup|
|sweet pepper||1 piece|
|spices and salt||taste|
|dill and parsley||half beam|
Cooking time – approximately 70 minutes.
Calorie dishes per 100 g – 350 kcal.
Recipe dishes step by step:
- Vegetables should be thoroughly rinsed. Peel the onions with carrots.
- Coarsely grate the carrot, chop the onion, and chop the pepper into cubes.
- Sunflower oil is placed in the bowl of the device and the “Frying” or “Baking” mode is activated..
- Add chopped peppers, carrots and onions, fry them for 15 minutes without closing the lid. Do not forget to mix vegetables well.
- Bulgur thoroughly wash.
- Then pour in water and bring it to a boil..
- Change the program from “Frying” to “Porridge”. Add grits and salt to taste. Mix well, then cook for about 20 minutes with the lid closed..
Before serving, decorate the dish with greens.
How to cook bulgur salad with vegetables
This salad turns out tasty and dietary. It can be served as a separate dish or as a side dish..
|bulgur groats||150 g|
|spring onions||½ bunch|
|lime juice||2 tbsp. l.|
|vegetable oil or olive||2 tbsp. l.|
|spices and salt||taste|
Cooking time – 25 minutes.
Calories per 100 g of food – 105 kcal.
- Groats are washed well and filled with boiling water. At the same time, try to keep the water level 1 cm higher than bulgur. Let the croup swell for about 20 minutes, cover the pan with a lid.
- Tomatoes are cut into cubes, cilantro and onion is crushed.
- Put the prepared cereal in a salad bowl and add onions and coriander to it. Stir the mixture thoroughly..
- Tomatoes are placed in a salad bowl. Add salt with spices. Season with oil and lime juice and mix well..
Let the salad stand for about 10 minutes so that the bulgur is soaked in juice and oil.
Pilaf with bulgur and lamb
This is a traditional Turkish dish. Although the hostess will have to tinker with the pilaf, it turns out nourishing, tasty and surprisingly fragrant.
|lamb on bone||½ kg|
|large carrots||3 pieces|
|hot pepper||half a pod|
|garlic head||1 piece|
|salt and spices||taste|
Cooking time – 80 minutes.
The number of calories – 550 kcal per 100 g dishes.
Cooking recipe step by step:
- Pre chickens soaked for 12 hours.
- The meat is thoroughly washed and cut into small pieces, while removing excess fat..
- Fry the bacon in the cauldron, then lay out the lamb and fry until the crust appears.
- Wash and peel the onions with carrots and chop them.
- Add to the lamb vegetables, chickpeas, as well as rings of hot peppers. Pepper, salt.
- Simmer for about half an hour, closing the lid and not stirring.
- The head of garlic is peeled and placed entirely in the cauldron.
- Pour into the container bulgur, and then water is added so that the liquid reaches the level of 2 fingers folded together.
- Stew for half an hour, not stirring over low heat.
When serving, spices are added, for example, turmeric or barberry..
- Experienced cooks and dietitians recommend the use of coarse cereal for cooking soup, and garnish – fine.
- Before cooking the bulgur, it is advisable to fry a little in a saucepan with butter. So the dish will get a “nutty” flavor..
- For roasting it is used butter, ghee or olive oil.
- To prepare the cereal, it is poured with water so that they are in a 1: 2 ratio. So the liquid is completely absorbed in the grass.
- Cooking time of bulgur is about 20 minutes. Try not to boil it, otherwise it will lose its taste and aroma..
- Dishes from this cereal are more fragrant and softer when cooking in a slow cooker..
- When cooking a salad, one does not have to cook the cereal. For this it is enough to leave bulgur in water, where it will swell..
- Keep grits should be away from direct sunlight and high humidity. It is recommended to use hermetic glass containers..
Bulgur with vegetables is great for people who lead a healthy lifestyle and follow proper nutrition due to the content of valuable vitamins and trace elements in it.
There are many recipes that include this croup. These dishes have an excellent taste and aroma. They are served both as a main course and as a side dish..