Somehow it’s customary to use beets for borscht, vinaigrette and “Herring under a fur coat” salad, although this is an excellent independent product from which you can make a lot of different delicious dishes..
For example, meatballs – budget, lean and more useful option of cooking beets, which, surely, the whole family will suddenly like. Besides, such a tasty dish will suit everyone who tries to lead a healthy lifestyle..
|beet –||6 medium|
|semolina –||100 g|
|the eggs –||2 pcs.|
|salt and pepper –||taste|
|vegetable oil –||for frying|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 60 Kcal|
First you need to boil the beets in their skins (this will take at least 40 minutes) and allow them to cool. Then peel it and grate it on a coarse grater. The next step is adding eggs, decoys and spices..
The finished mass should be left for 20 minutes, so that the semolina swelled, after which it can be poured into a colander or pressed a little, so that the extra juice is gone. You can form the patties, rolling them in breadcrumbs or semolina, or even leaving without breading, and fry them in a pan.
Everything, it’s time to serve.
Fast beet patties
More and more people are trying to stick to fasting, so interest in lean dishes increases from year to year. You can surprise homemade meatballs – lean, beetroot.
- 1 medium beet;
- 1 tbsp. a spoon of semolina;
- 1 tbsp. a spoon of vegetable oil (plus cooking oil);
- salt to taste.
Cooking time: 1.5 hours.
Caloric content: about 100 Kcal / 100 gr.
Beets need to boil, cool and scroll through a meat grinder.
Stir with semolina and vegetable oil, salt and put the dishes with minced meat on a small fire until it thickens.
Next, you need to again give the beetroot mass to cool and make cutlets from it, which will remain to fry in vegetable oil, if desired, roll in the breadcrumbs beforehand..
That’s all, bright tasty meatless beet patties are ready!
How to cook beet chops with cheese
This is a very interesting recipe for meatballs, which combines vegetable mince and tender melting core. This dish can be the main and goes well with a side dish..
Ingredients for beetroot and cheese cutlets:
- 2 medium beets;
- 1 egg;
- 4 tbsp. spoons of semolina;
- 4 tbsp. spoons of melted cheese (pasty);
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- salt and pepper to taste;
- cooking oil for frying.
Cooking time: 1 hour.
Caloric content: about 150 Kcal / 100 gr.
Beets are boiled, cooled and rubbed on a coarse grater, and then mixed with chopped garlic, eggs, semolina, melted cheese and spices. It is advisable to let the mince stand for half an hour to let the semolina swell, otherwise the cutlets may just fall apart in frying. When the stuffing becomes dense, you can start spreading it with a spoon to the pan with hot vegetable oil and fry the chops until browning.
Beet cutlets with carrots and meat
- 0.5 kg of mixed minced meat;
- 1 large beet;
- 1 large carrot;
- 2 medium onions;
- 1 egg;
- cooking oil for frying.
Cooking time: 40 minutes.
Caloric content: about 200 Kcal / 100 gr.
Beet and carrot in this recipe are not boiled, but remain raw, and rubbed on a fine grater, not on a large one. Onions can be finely chopped, or grated, and then squeeze excess liquid from it. Next you need to take the minced meat, add vegetables and egg there, salt, pepper and knead it well. It remains to blind beet cutlets and fry them in vegetable oil on both sides until cooked. Serve with a side dish.
Cooking cutlets out of anything is a delicate matter, as they often begin to fall apart in a frying pan when turned over or not stuck together or something else happens. Therefore, you need to know the secrets of their preparation, so that everything works:
- You can cook beet patties from boiled, baked or raw vegetables, but you do not need to peel beetroot before boiling or baking.
- To preserve the shape of beet cutlets, you can add not only semolina, but also flour or bread crumbs. With the same purpose added to the stuffing and eggs.
- In the beet mince you can add a variety of ingredients – cottage cheese, walnuts, raisins, prunes, not only melted, and grated cheese, rice and much more..
- It is advisable to leave the beets after rubbing or skipping through a meat grinder for some time, so that extra juice is extracted from it, which will need to be drained. But pouring it at once is not worth it, since if the stuffing turns out to be dryish, you can pour a small amount of it and knead the whole mass again well..
- You can make beet patties less fatty if you bake them in the oven.
- Well emphasizes the taste of beet cutlets sour cream and various sauces based on it.
- Beet cutlets are very useful for the gastrointestinal tract and are suitable for baby food, and children can really like them because of their color.
- Cooking beets for meatballs should be such a way – take the vegetables, wash them with a brush, put them in an enamel bowl and pour cold water over them so that they are covered. First, put a strong fire, and after boiling water, turn it down to a small one and boil the beets until softened. It takes 40 minutes to average size.
- When cooking beets, you can add a tablespoon of sugar to the broth, which will give the beets an opportunity to preserve its bright raspberry color and not lose the sweetish taste.
- Beet cutlets can become a dessert if you add raisins, prunes or dried apricots to the mince and some sugar. Children will surely appreciate such a healthy dessert..
- Curd goes well with beetroot. If you add it and a little garlic, cutlets will turn out very fragrant, tasty and rich in protein. And vegetarian. And if you mix grated beets with cottage cheese and sugar, then you get dessert again.
- With anemia, you can make beetroot cutlets with buckwheat porridge, replacing it with semolina, and in this case, the dish will become almost medicinal, since it will be rich in iron.
- Beet cutlets need to be formed and immediately spread on the pan, so that the crust of breadcrumbs, semolina or flour has time to grab, otherwise it can have time to soften under the influence of the liquid released from the mince.
- For more rapid preparation of beet cutlets, semolina in their composition can be replaced with flour, because in this case, the stuffing does not need to be allowed to stand..
- Beet patties are interesting in that they can be the main dish to which a side dish will be served – mashed potatoes, macaroni or buckwheat porridge, but also be a side dish for meat and fish dishes. And do not forget about the sauce – sour cream.
- Beet cutlet can be used as a filling for a vegetable hamburger – spiced, as it should be, lettuce, a circle of tomatoes, sauces, etc..
- If the mince for beet cutlets still turned out to be watery, you can spread it on the pan with hot butter with a spoon, without trying to make cutlets.
Enjoy your meal!