The subtle aroma of the fire, in the fading ashes of which the crumbled potato tubers are baked … Probably everyone has such memories from childhood. And there was nothing in the world more tasty than potatoes baked in a fire in the village of a grandmother at a dacha, on a campaign, and you never know where else. You can return to that happy time for a minute now, having cooked baked potatoes in your home oven.
The advantages of the dish
What else, besides pleasant nostalgic memories, is baked potato good?
This vegetable contains a lot of nutrients and vitamins for the human body, but the trouble is that most of them are concentrated in a thin layer under the peel, which the hostess ruthlessly cut, during the cleanse. This does not happen during baking – that’s the first plus.
The second positive thing is the low calorie content of baked potatoes. Dieters are strongly advised to exclude this vegetable from their diet, but moderate portions of second bread prepared in this way will not bring the medium to the figure, since the calorie content of the dish will not be high..
People with gastrointestinal problems baked potatoes will have a beneficial effect on their health. Its beneficial substances will envelop the walls of the stomach and intestines, reducing the level of acidity and preventing the development of gastritis and ulcers.
|potato tuber –||1000 g medium-sized|
|vegetable oil –||60 ml|
|ready seasoning for potatoes –||20 g|
|garlic –||12 g|
|Time for preparing: 80 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 117 Kcal|
There are plenty of options for roasting potatoes in the oven: whole, halved, sliced, with bacon, with meat, with vegetables, with cheese, in semolina, “accordion”, in French, with all sorts of sauces and dressings. Each of the methods is interesting and has its admirers, but having mastered the easiest method of roasting (a classic recipe), each hostess will be able to repeat or create her own version of this dish..
Potatoes in the uniform, baked in the oven, you need to cook like this:
- Potato tubers should be very carefully washed from dust, litter and dirt. There can not cope without a plastic brush. Washed potatoes should be dried thoroughly, so that later the moisture on their surface does not interfere with the oil;
- Mix vegetable oil with chopped garlic, salt and seasoning. If not, you can mix your own dry greens and your favorite spices. The resulting mixture should be well from all sides to rub the tubers;
- Prepared potatoes folded in a baking sheet and send in the oven, pre-covered with foil. So she should bake at 190 degrees for the first half hour, then remove the foil and cook for another thirty minutes..
Baked whole potato in the oven in foil
This recipe can also be attributed to the base, but it differs from the previous one in that instead of vegetable oil cream is used (it adds a dish of creamy taste) and each tuber is carefully wrapped in a “shirt” of food foil. This dish can be a side dish to meat, poultry or served separately..
Products used in the preparation process should be taken in the following proportions:
- 1000 g potato tubers;
- 150 g of softened sweet cream butter;
- salt and spices to taste.
Depending on the size of the baking potatoes, it will take from 40 to 80 minutes.
Caloric content of vegetable in foil – 161.2 kcal / 100 g.
- As in the previous recipe, potatoes need to be washed and dried. Then, with a toothpick, make small punctures in several places;
- Each prepared tuber generously to coat with soft butter, sprinkle with spices and salt. After that, wrap in food foil;
- Baked such potatoes from 30 minutes in a hot (180-190 degrees) oven.
Boiled potatoes in the peel with garlic-cheese filling
Such baked potatoes can be served on the table to dear guests, since its aroma and taste make the dish truly royal. A garlic-cheese filling soaks it so that it just melts in your mouth.
For this version of the royal potato you need to take:
- 1000 g of medium-sized potatoes;
- 90 g sour cream;
- 30 g butter;
- 10-16 grams of garlic;
- 70 grams of hard cheese with a pronounced taste;
- spices (paprika, dried dill, a mixture of peppers, ginger) and salt to taste.
It will take approximately 2 hours to complete all cooking processes..
This version of baked potatoes is quite nutritious – 272.4 kcal / 100 g.
Step-by-step cooking instructions in the oven:
- Washed potatoes boil in boiling water for 10 minutes until half cooked;
- For the filling mix sour cream, soft butter, chopped garlic, cheese chips, salt and spices;
- Cut the cooled potatoes into a cross, squeeze a little so that it opens, and put a teaspoon of stuffing in the hollow formed;
- Stuffed tubers wrap with foil and bake in the oven at 180-200 degrees. Duration 15-20 minutes.
For cooking baked potatoes, it is better to choose the tubers of those varieties that are boiled soft during the cooking process; in the baked form, they will turn out to be temptingly crumbly. Ideal for roasting potatoes with a thin skin that has an oblong shape.
In order for the tubers all to be uniformly baked, you need to select samples of approximately the same weight or size. You can bake a large potato with a small one, but then you need to monitor the degree of readiness of each and, perhaps, smaller vegetables will have to be removed from the oven earlier so that they do not burn..
Choosing between sunflower and olive oil for this treat, you should opt for the last option. With olive oil, ready-made tubers will receive not only a brighter crust, but also a pleasant delicate aroma..
Also, for a more beautiful and bright potato crust, before putting them in the oven, sprinkle with colored seasonings (paprika, coriander and others). Greens (dried) sprinkled at the very end of cooking.
So that the finished baked potato in its uniform has a crisp, it is sent to the oven that has not yet warmed up, spreading on a baking sheet in a single layer. It will not be superfluous to turn it over in the oven several times during baking..
Get a little salty potatoes from the oven right away with a little trick – saline injections. For one kilogram of the original product you need to take 50 ml of drinking water and dissolve one or two teaspoons of salt in it. Then draw in the solution with a syringe and inject it into the tubers through several small punctures..
Another important point about the length of stay of tubers in the oven: young potatoes, on average, will be ready for 7-10 minutes earlier than the old fruits.