Stuffed cabbage – a dish that can not leave anyone indifferent person. Juicy, meat filling, tender cabbage, tasty gravy are the main components of real cabbage rolls. Every person can learn how to do them, but not everyone can get it the first time. A little patience, practice and strict adherence to instructions – the key to success.
How to choose cabbage
Cooking cabbage – a rather time-consuming process, which should be prepared morally in advance. One of the most difficult preparatory stages is to choose a good cabbage and disassemble it into leaves..
Such cabbage is more tender and tasty, cooks quickly and is also easy to disassemble. Its smell should be pleasant, and the leaves should have an attractive appearance, without dark spots, spots and other damage..
For cooking stuffed cabbage, it is best to choose medium-sized cabbage, which is easier to work with, weighing at least 1 kilogram.
How to remove the leaves
One of the most unloved activities of many housewives in the process of cooking stuffed cabbage is the removal of cabbage leaves from the head of cabbage. This can be done in several ways:
- freeze in the freezer and then defrost;
- bake in the microwave;
- boil in salted water.
For the very last method, you need to prepare a large saucepan in which the whole head will fit.
- Remove damaged and bad leaves from cabbage, make cuts near the head of cabbage so that the leaves are separated more quickly and easily;
- Stick a fork in the middle of the head to make it easier to work with vegetables;
- Boil 4 liters of water, add a tablespoon of salt there, put the cabbage in a saucepan until the first leaves begin to separate;
- The head comes out of the water, the leaves are removed, and the cabbage is placed back in the pan and this is repeated until all the good leaves are put on;
- The leaves are cooled, and the hard part in the middle is carefully cut off with a knife..
With this simple method, you can easily and quickly prepare the leaves for cabbage. It takes the whole process quite a bit of time and minimum effort.
|cabbage –||1 piece|
|minced meat (pork and veal) –||1 kg|
|boiled rice –||1 cup|
|egg –||1 PC.|
|a tomato –||1 PC.|
|carrot –||1 PC.|
|bulb –||1 PC.|
|greens (dill and parsley) –||taste|
|vegetable oil –||for roasting|
|laurel –||2 sheets|
|salt pepper –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 93 Kcal|
Tasty and very juicy cabbage rolls – a dish that is loved in many families, not only adults, but also children. They cook in the pan pretty quickly..
The process of cooking classic cabbage rolls in a saucepan is familiar to many:
- From the cabbage leaves are removed and the filling is prepared in a deep container. For it is necessary to mix a half of finely chopped onion, minced meat, boiled rice, greens, spices, salt and a raw egg, everything is mixed;
- A ball of filling is laid on the cooled leaves and carefully wrapped in the form of a roll;
- At the bottom of the pan, you must put a few sheets of cabbage, and on top of them cabbage rolls;
- Prepare the pot: cut the onions and tomatoes into cubes, grate the carrot;
- Put vegetables, ground pepper, salt, bay leaves and stew under a closed lid for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally;
- Vegetables are laid on top of stuffed cabbage, water is added, so that it does not reach 2 cm to the upper layer and everything stews for 40-50 minutes.
This recipe is very simple, and the dish is very juicy, tasty and satisfying..
Dietary stuffed cabbage rolls with vegetable filling
Unlike classic cabbage, vegetable more useful and easy. They are suitable for vegetarian and diet food, as well as in the post. Cooking this dish is pretty quick and easy, and you can easily choose your favorite vegetables as a filling..
- cabbage – 1 piece;
- 1 onion;
- 50 grams of leek;
- 1 carrot;
- 100 grams of champignons;
- 50 grams of broccoli and savoy cabbage;
- tomato paste – 3 tbsp. spoons;
- flour – 1 tablespoon;
- sunflower oil;
- 3 tablespoons sour cream;
- ground pepper;
- boiled rice – 3 tablespoons;
- 2 bay leaves.
Cooking time: 40 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams: 80 kcal.
Dietary cabbage rolls are very tasty and nutritious. They contain many beneficial trace elements and vitamins. Before preparing the dish, it is necessary to prepare cabbage leaves, and you can quickly make stuffing and form rolls.
- For stuffed cabbage, you must first prepare the filling. Wash carrots, peel and grate, chop onions, leeks, broccoli, savoy cabbage and mushrooms, put on a hot frying pan with sunflower oil and stew for 10 minutes;
- Add boiled rice, spices and salt to the vegetable mixture, mix everything well;
- From cabbage leaves and fillings to form cabbage rolls;
- Put flour, sour cream, tomato paste, 2 cups of water in a saucepan and mix everything, put the rolls in the sauce and simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat.
Such stuffed cabbage rolls are very healthy and delicious. Fillings can be very different, so every time, you can please your loved ones with original cabbage rolls.
Cooking cabbage in the pan – an occupation that is difficult to perfectly cope with the first time. Separate the leaves, make a juicy stuffing, form rolls that will not fall apart during cooking – not everyone can handle it..
To make the cabbage rolls small, neat in size, you must choose a medium-sized cabbage. If it is very large, then the envelopes will be the size of slippers..
In cabbage leaves it is best not to wrap too much stuffing, about one dessert spoon. Such duckies will be very neat and attractive. To avoid accidentally burning the cabbage rolls, it is best to put leaf trimming pans on the bottom of the pan.
Serve the dish best with delicious sour cream and fresh herbs.
Stuffed cabbage – a dish that can not leave anyone indifferent person. It has a lot of useful and important for the human body vitamins and trace elements. Cooking this dish is not as difficult as it seems at first glance. Properly choosing cabbage, preparing delicious mince, making neat envelopes, you can please all relatives and friends with tasty and delicious stuffed cabbage.