It is difficult to improve something or add zest to the cake, which everyone loves in traditional performance. And yet honey cake with prunes is something extraordinary. Especially if the cream for it is made from fat sour cream – not too sweet, but ideally combined with tender cakes in honey and dried plums.
|flour –||500 g|
|salt –||2 g|
|cognac –||20 g|
|Sahara –||200 g|
|eggs –||110 g|
|soda –||12 g|
|butter 72% butter –||60 g|
|prunes –||200 g|
|30% sour cream –||800 g|
|powdered sugar –||7 tbsp. l.|
|Time for preparing: 130 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 316 Kcal|
Delicate, well soaked, delicious cake. Efforts to prepare the dessert will have to spend a lot. But they will be appreciated.
- Butter is melted in a bowl on the steam bath. Add honey, salt, brandy, soda vinegar quenched. Stir constantly while stirring until the mixture turns dark amber. Cool down.
- Eggs are whipped with a mixer. Add a little sugar. Continue to beat for about 5 minutes. The mass should turn white and double in volume..
- The cooled honey mixture is slowly poured into eggs beaten with sugar, stirring in a circle.
- Portions add sifted flour. Knead soft, slightly sticking to the palms of the dough.
- Roll the ball out of the dough, wrap it in food film. For an hour (preferably for 2 hours) put in the fridge.
- Chilled sour cream whipped with vanilla and powdered sugar. Ready cream put in the fridge.
- Prunes are steamed, with boiling water. After 10 minutes, they are shifted to a colander, cooled. Diced.
- The dough is divided into 10 equal lumps. Each well knead, roll out on a floured table in a circle (square or rectangle) with a diameter of 25 cm (thickness – 5 mm). Irregularities cut round pizza knife, covering the cake plate or lid from the pan.
- A layer of honey dough + small scraps are shifted to a pan made with waxed parchment or sprinkled with flour. Put in an already hot (180 ° C) oven.
- Baking honey cake takes 5 minutes. Therefore, while one cake is in the oven, roll the next one. And so on to the end.
- Ready hot cakes are removed from the pan with a wide spatula. Stacked on a large flat dish..
- Scraps crushed into a crumb blender.
- Collect the cake: put on the cake and spread 3-4 tablespoons of sour cream, sprinkle with prunes. Consistently collect high honey cake.
- The last cake is thickly smeared with cream and sprinkled with crumbs crumbs. Boca cake is also sprinkled with generously sweet crumbs. Sometimes coconut chips are used instead of chips (as in the photo).
Honey cake is hooked with a wide spatula and rearranged to the presentation dish. Send in the refrigerator for 8 hours for impregnation. Served with hot tea, milk, compote.
How to make honey cake with layers of prunes and walnuts
Unlike the previous recipe, in this cakes do not need to roll. The dough is quite liquid, and it is simply poured onto the parchment. On the one hand, it is convenient, but we need skill and experience. But the cake is so soft that you can eat it with your lips..
- 100 g of melted butter 72%;
- 165 g eggs;
- 150 g of honey;
- 350 g flour / s;
- 18 g of soda;
- 100 g white sugar.
- 400 g of 35% sour cream;
- 100 g of dried plums;
- 2 tbsp. l powdered sugar;
- 120 grams of walnuts.
Time: 20 min. (batch) + 45 min. (baking) + 5 min. (dessert assembly). Caloric content – 320 kcal / 100 g.
- Beat the egg with a hand whisk. Add softened butter, sugar, honey.
- Mixture put on a steam bath. Stir continuously for 5 minutes..
- Slaked soda is added to the honey mixture. In parts enter the sifted flour. Spattered knead the liquid (like a good homemade sour cream), with a pleasant honey tint dough.
- On sheets of parchment (6 pieces) draw a pencil with a diameter of 15 cm (draw a large plate or a lid from the pan) with a simple pencil. Grease the parchment inside the circle with vegetable oil.
- About 2 large spoons of honey are poured into the center of the circle. Spread gently with a spatula or a wet knife so as to fill all the space inside the drawn circle. It is undesirable to get out of borders.
- Parchment sheet together with the dough gently transferred to a baking sheet.
- Put the cake in the already hot (190 ° C) oven. Bake 8 minutes. The dough should darken, turn red, but remain soft. It is important that the edge of the cake does not become dry, so the baking time should be followed, and then adjusted, taking into account the peculiarities of its oven..
- Bake all 6 cakes. Stack up, cool.
- Take one cake, cover with a plate, cut protruding edges. Trim all cakes in this way. Dump the prunes with boiling water (10 minutes), fold to a sieve, cool. Cut into small cubes.
- Grilled walnut kernels lightly roasted in a dry frying pan, chop with a mixer or a knife.
- Trim folded on a baking sheet, a little dry in the oven, chop into a crumb. Add 1/3 part crushed nuts.
- Chilled sour cream whipped with powdered sugar. The cream should turn out dense, with steady peaks.
- Assembling the cake: soak the cake with cooled tea and sugar, brush with sour cream, sprinkle with prunes. Sprinkle the next cake soaked with cream and nuts. So alternate layers to the top cake, which is also soaked with sweet tea and generously smear with thick cream.
- Collected honey cake for 30 minutes to refrigerate. Then sprinkle the top and sides with crumb residues of cake layers. Return to impregnation in the fridge.
After 8 hours you can taste honey cake with prunes and nuts..
We have compiled similar recipes for you. How to cook the cake “Honey cake” with custard.
It describes the technology of cooking honey cake in a pan.
And here you will learn how to bake homemade honey cake in a slow cooker.
Chocolate honey cake with prunes
According to the technique of making chocolate honey cake does not differ from the usual. The only difference is that cocoa powder is added to the dough. But the great taste of this cake will appreciate all the sweet tooth..
- 110 g eggs;
- 90 g of honey;
- 100 g of butter 72% butter;
- 60 g of cocoa powder;
- 390 g of flour / s;
- 2 g of salt;
- 24 g of slaked soda;
- 120 g sugar.
- 800 ml of 40% sour cream;
- 150 g of prunes;
- 150 g of powdered sugar.
For decoration – a bitter chocolate bar (69%).
Time: 20 min. (preparation) + 120 min. (proofing test) + 45 min. (baking cakes) + 5 min (honey cake assembly) + 5 hours (impregnation). Caloric content – 283 kcal / 100 g.
- Eggs are mixed with salt and sugar. Set on a steam bath.
- Stirring continuously, they introduce honey and warm butter. Add hydrated soda.
- In the bath, heat the mass for about 15 minutes, stirring. When the volume of the mixture is doubled, removed from the stove.
- In the cooled mixture pour cocoa powder, sifted flour (in portions). Knead soft honey dough.
- Wrapped in film. Leave for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Whip sour cream (cooled) until thick with icing sugar.
- Prunes steamed (10 minutes), reclined in a colander. Chop finely. Stir in sour cream.
- Rested dough is divided into 10 equal parts. Roll thin and bake cakes (temperature 180 degrees, 2 minutes).
- Cuts are baked separately or with cakes. Then they need to be crushed into a crumb.
- Collect the cake with the calculation of 2 tbsp. l sour cream with prunes on the cake. The top of the honey cake is left clean..
- A bar of chocolate is melted in a water bath. Pour it over the top of the cake..
- Collected honey cake 15 minutes cool in the refrigerator. Then the sides are sprinkled with sweet chips..
Honey dough cakes are porous and well impregnated with sour cream. But if you organize an additional impregnation, it will be even tastier..
For these purposes, you can use sweet tea, as described above, or make a sweet syrup. For example, from 50 ml of water, 30 g of sugar and 1 tbsp. l liqueur (rum). Sugar is dissolved in boiled water and alcohol is added. Cake such impregnation will give new notes of taste and aroma.
The impregnation for honey cake can be made from the juice of two lemons, honey and sugar (2 tbsp each). Mix for 3 minutes, cool. Feed cakes before applying the cream.