The cake is perhaps the most favorite sweet treat.
Whether it is purchased or cooked at home, it will always be appropriate for a holiday or just at dinner, as a dessert.
There are so many varieties that you can please.
Among the cakes, there are invariable favorites who love millions.
And one of these favorites, you can proudly call “Napoleon”.
The mysterious appearance of “Napoleon”
There are several versions of where this wonderful recipe came from:
- According to the first version, it was invented in Moscow in 1912. Making a cake, was timed to the centenary of victory in the Patriotic War of 1812. They called dessert in honor of the French emperor Napoleon Bonaparte, who lost this battle. And it was served, cut into triangular pieces, symbolizing French cocked.
- According to the second version, the recipe of the delicacy was coined in Italy, in the city of Naples. It was originally named after the city “Napolitano”, and over time the name was slightly distorted and turned into the “Napoleon” known to us.
- According to the third version, the dessert was named by the French, also in honor of Napoleon Bonaparte. Legend has it that a spouse found the emperor with one of the maid of honor and the ruler, in order to justify the piquant situation, he said that he dictated her cake recipe. The very next day, the whole of France was eating a treat according to the emperor’s recipe..
Versions are different, and which of them is truthful now no longer know, the main thing is that this most delicious cake was invented.
|flour –||600 g|
|butter –||400 g|
|eggs –||2 pcs.|
|cold water –||150 g|
|vinegar –||3 tbsp. spoons|
|milk cream –||1 l|
|sugar for cream –||400 g|
|cream yolks –||8 pieces.|
|flour for cream –||100 g|
|vanillin for cream –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 720 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 328 Kcal|
It’s time to move from words to deeds and start cooking a classic cake “Napoleon” with a step by step recipe.
- The first step is to mix the eggs with a pinch of salt, whipping is not necessary, it is enough to mix the yolk and protein in one mass.
- In a separate bowl (glass), mix cold water and vinegar, pour the mixture into the eggs and mix everything thoroughly.
- On the prepared surface (it can be a kitchen table) pour all the flour. Put the butter on the flour. It must first be crushed (can be grated) or simply cut into small cubes..
- Stir flour and butter. Some do it with a knife, like cutting or chopping the oil, but you can handle it with your hands..
- Make a well in the flour and, without ceasing to stir (shred with a knife), add water with eggs, knead the dough.
- The consistency of the dough should be steep, lag behind the surface of the table, if necessary, you can pour more flour in small portions until you reach the desired result..
- Cut the dough into 10–12 parts, roll into balls, fold into a bowl, cover with a cling film and remove for a couple of hours in the cold.
- It’s time to bake cakes. To do this, we get from the refrigerator billet. Roll the ball of dough with a rolling pin on a floured surface into a thin layer, approximately 3 mm. Using any shape, be it a lid or a plate, cut circles.
- We put on a baking sheet, covered with parchment, and be sure to do punctures with a fork around the perimeter.
- We bake in a preheated oven, at a temperature of 180 degrees for about 10 minutes, the cake should redden a little. We do the same with all the balls. After baking cakes cool.
Cooking custard with a photo for the classic recipe for cake “Napoleon”
- In order to prepare the cream, you must pour the milk into a saucepan and put on fire.
- While it is heating, in a bowl, rub the yolks and sugar with the addition of vanillin, and then gradually pour the flour, without ceasing to mix, otherwise lumps are formed.
- Mix gently in a trickle so that the yolks do not boil, pour in hot but not boiling milk.
- Put everything on slow fire. Boil, stirring continuously, until the cream is thick. Do not boil!
The final stage – the assembly and decoration of the cake
- According to the classic recipe, this dessert is decorated with crumbs. Make them very easy. Cut the dough, which we have left after the formation of cakes, bake in the oven until golden brown. It takes a little time, 5-7 minutes.
- Then, using a blender, grind to a state of crumb.
- The cake itself is also easy to assemble, for convenience, you can use a split form. Cakes should be cut according to its size on the base. Capacity to oil the oil and pave cling film. We put the first cake on the bottom and grease it with plenty of cream (in the photo we will show without form so that the process can be clearly seen).
- Thus we spread all the cakes, not forgetting the cream.
- Wrap the form with a film and put into the refrigerator for 10-12 hours to soak. After the time has elapsed, pull it out of the refrigerator, unwind the film, put a serving dish on top. Turn the form together with the dish and the cake will be on the dish, remove the remaining film and you can start decorating.
- Pre-cooked crumbs sprinkle the edges and top delicacies.
- That’s all, this masterpiece is ready to serve..
If you do not have a form – it does not matter.
You can immediately collect the dessert on a serving dish..
Spread cakes alternately, copiously promeryvaya cream.
In this version of the formation of the cake you need a little more dexterity, since the edges are not supported by anything and you need to be more careful that the dessert does not move to the side..
Also sprinkle the sides and top with crumbly..
Although in the classic recipe for decoration only crumbs are used, you can show a little imagination.
Now you see that the cooking process takes time and proper attention, but ultimately the result surpasses all these factors..
Now I propose to explore the even better recipe for the cake “Napoleon” classic with the help of the video:
Tricks to help
Any business has its own subtleties and little tricks. “Napoleon” is no exception..
In order for the dough to succeed, it is fluffy, soft and well-formed, the flour needs to choose only the highest grade and be sure to sift it..
Water needs to be used cold..
To make the puff pastry elastic and the layers do not tear, it is better to use chilled butter.
If you like a juicy cake, then the cakes must be soaked with cream for a few hours, but to make it crispy – lubricate the cakes with cream just before serving..
As you have already seen, this amazingly tasty one can be prepared at home, but it will take some effort and patience..
I am sure that this recipe will become your signature dish and will delight all guests and, of course, your family..
But forever busy women who do not find time to cook according to the classic recipe, either buy ready-made cakes or modify the recipe itself..
It turns out that now there is a light version of this treat in the form of a lazy cake “Napoleon”.
Have not heard of this?