Despite the fact that apricot appeared in Russia only in the 17th century, this fruit from the Middle East very quickly gained popularity throughout the country. You can try the fruit only in a short period of summer, so you should prepare a lot of different desserts that will give you a chance to taste it in all facets. One of these recipes should definitely be apricot pie.
At the moment there is a huge variety of pies that contain this full beta-carotene fruit. If you have a problem with your eyes, be sure to experiment with it. In this article, you can learn how to cook completely different pies, using only apricot in their composition.
|sugar –||220 g|
|flour –||1 stack.|
|egg –||6 pieces.|
|vanilla sugar –||1 pack.|
|baking powder –||1 pack.|
|apricots –||500 g|
|Time for preparing: 70 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 164 Kcal|
This recipe with its extraordinary simplicity turns out incredibly tasty. If you really want to try some baking, but at the same time there is absolutely no desire to waste time and effort, then this simple recipe seems to be created especially for you..
From the biscuit dough, the cake is very airy and light, and apricots give it a very weak but pleasant sourness..
Stages of cooking classic sponge cake with apricots:
- All apricots should be prepared first. To do this, all of them must be well washed and cut into quarters. Be sure to remove the bones;
- For the dough, the first thing is to beat the eggs with sugar until a very large amount of foam appears. To the point, the volume should increase three times. Sift flour, add baking powder and mix everything into the sugar-egg mixture. Everything needs to be very well mixed using a spatula until the same mass is obtained;
- Cover the selected form with a piece of baking paper. After that, about a third of the dough should be poured into the mold, then lay out the apricots. Pour the rest of the dough on top;
- Put the cake in the oven for about three-quarters of an hour. The oven must first be heated to 180 degrees. Look carefully behind the top, if it starts to burn, then you should cover the form with foil;
- When the cake is baked, you should let it stand for another five minutes and only then remove it from the mold. Turn it over on a plate and remove a layer of baking paper, then turn it over. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with tea..
Apricot Yeast Dough Pie
Such a cake can easily replace even a cake on the table. With the help of yeast dough, you can make both closed and open pies..
Be sure to knead it on a fermented milk product, regardless of whether it is kefir or sour cream. And canned apricots in it will give the cake a more sweet and juicy taste..
- cottage cheese 9% – 250 g;
- flour – 0.5 kg;
- fat kefir – 100 ml;
- sugar – 2 table. l .;
- butter – 50 g;
- yeast – 1 pack;
- egg – 1 pc .;
- vegetable oil – 2 table. l .;
- apples – 3 pieces;
- canned apricots – 1 bank;
- starch – 2 tsp. l .;
- sugar – 2 table. l.
Time: 1 hour.
Caloric content: 140 Kcal.
How to make a cake from yeast dough with canned apricots:
- Cottage cheese should grind through a sieve, and then mix it with kefir. Mix everything well up to the mass with the consistency of sour cream. Add sugar to the mixture and wait until it is completely dissolved;
- Pour 100 ml of warm water into a bowl. Also put a ½ table in it. l sugar and yeast. After that, another spoonful of flour is added, which must be sieved. Stir until the yeast and sugar dissolve completely, but there will be no lumps of flour. Put this bowl in a warm place;
- Separately, break the egg and whisk it with salt. The butter should be melted and then cooled again. Pour a beaten egg into the curd mass, add the approached yeast and mix everything well. After that, pour the sifted flour. The mass should be completely homogeneous;
- After that, pour in the butter first and then the vegetable oil. Next, add the remaining flour and mix everything with your hands. The final dough should be very gentle, but it does not stick to the fingers;
- Leave the dough to rise in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. During this time, prepare the filling. Drain the syrup from canned apricots and cut into quarters, if necessary. Add a spoonful of sugar and starch. Peel the apples, and then cut them into very thin straws. Also add sugar and starch;
- Mash the dough and divide into 2 parts. One of them should be more – it will become the bottom. Roll this piece into the reservoir and place it in a mold that has previously been oiled;
- Put the apples on the dough first and then the apricots. The remaining dough will become a crust. It should also be rolled out very thinly and make cuts in it so that the mesh is obtained. It should be transferred to the cake and fit everything tightly at the seams. Grease the surface with an egg and bake for about forty minutes until a beautiful crust appears. Baking temperature – 180 degrees. Leave the baked pie for 10 minutes, then serve..
Frozen Apricot Cheesecake
Enough delicious cake can be prepared not only from fresh but also frozen fruit. To do this, simply defrost them, and cottage cheese will give the cake sourness and juiciness..
- cottage cheese – 400 g;
- frozen apricots – 10 pcs .;
- flour – 200 g;
- butter – 100 g;
- egg – 3 pcs .;
- sugar – 180 g;
- baking powder – 1 package;
- low-fat sour cream – 200 g;
- starch – 2 table. l .;
- vanilla sugar – 1 package;
- butter – 100 g;
- lemon juice – ½ pcs.
Time: 2 hours.
Calorie: 178 Kcal.
How to cook pastries:
- Apricots completely thawed and divided into halves. Remove the bones and leave them aside while the dough is being cooked;
- For the dough, melt the butter and beat the eggs into it. After that, add 2 tablespoons of sugar and whisk everything with a mixer. Sift flour together with baking powder and add all to the oil mixture. Knead it well and shape it into a ball. Leave it in the fridge for half an hour;
- When the dough is ready, you should roll the ball and put it into shape. Form the bumpers, and pierce the bottom several times with a fork;
- For the filling, mix the grated curd with sour cream, season with sugar, both simple and vanilla. Add starch and lemon juice. All should be carefully whipped and put the stuffing in the cake. Put apricots on top. This cake will be open, so the crust should not be done;
- Bake everything in the oven for 60 minutes. Choose a temperature of 180 degrees. After cooking, cool the cake and then serve..
If you do not have time to cook the dough, then just use the purchase. Now in any store you can find a good puff yeast dough. It will drastically reduce the time of cooking the cake and it can be cooked quickly enough..
- puff pastry – 1 pack;
- egg – 1 pc .;
- cottage cheese – 0.5 kg;
- sugar – 150 g;
- apricots – 10 pcs .;
- starch – 2 table. l .;
- vanilla sugar – 1 pack.
Time: 1 hour.
Calorie: 226 Kcal.
How to cook puff cake with cottage cheese and apricots:
- Before cooking, defrost the puff pastry. It must be divided into sheets, and then rolled out;
- Place parchment on a baking sheet, which is then lightly greased. One of the layers of dough should be put on the parchment in the middle of the pan. Put the curd filling in the middle;
- To cook the filling in a separate bowl, lay out the cottage cheese. It should be mixed with both types of sugar, starch and egg. All thoroughly whisk with a whisk until fluffy foam;
- Put the apricot halves on the filling. After that, take a second layer of dough, tack dough on all edges. Make several cuts or punctures for the test;
- Bake the cake for about 40 minutes. Set the temperature around 185 degrees.
Option “summer” baking in a slow cooker
For lovers of multicookers, there is also a very interesting and simple apricot pie. You can cook it quickly enough without needing to worry that it will burn.
- apricots – 16 pcs .;
- flour – 280 g;
- sugar – 300 g;
- egg – 7 pcs .;
- baking powder – 1 bag.
Time: 1 hour 40 minutes.
Caloric content: 211 Kcal.
Recipe for apricot pie in a slow cooker stage by stage:
- Prepare apricots by washing them and removing the bones. Each of them cut in half and sprinkle with a small amount of sugar;
- For the dough, mix the eggs in a separate bowl with sugar, and then beat them until a rather thick foam is formed. Add baking powder to the flour, then sift everything and add it to the mixture gradually. Stir constantly to avoid lumps;
- Smear the bowl of the multicooker. After that, you should pour the dough into it, and then place the apricots in it. Gradually, during baking, the fruit will gradually move to the middle. Pie should be baked for 1 hour and 20 minutes in the “Baking” mode.
- Pies are sweet pastries, so they can be flavored with various spices. It does not matter whether it is cinnamon, vanilla or saffron – each of them will give the cake its own original taste and bouquet, which will please any hostess;
- When cooking apricot cakes, add a small amount of starch to the dough. This will help them stay fresh for a long time. This is especially true of those pies that use in their composition yeast dough;
- The crust of the closed pies should always be coated with a beaten egg, and then apply a small amount of water from a spray bottle over it;
- After cooking, place the cake in a plate and let it cool. After that you should turn it over and serve it..