Any home-made tomato paste will be much better purchased for several reasons:
- the naturalness of the products used;
- confidence in taste, their correction according to their own preferences;
- high final quality.
If you follow some recipes, pasta can be used as a sauce..
|bow –||medium size 2 stuff|
|tomatoes –||about 3 kg|
|sugar –||100 g|
|vinegar –||half cup|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 23 Kcal|
Tomatoes must be firm, fleshy and elastic..
The ideal is a grade of “cream”.
- They are washed, and their spoiled places are removed with an ordinary knife..
- Then the tomatoes are cut in half, folded into an enamel bowl, and topped with chopped onions.
- Water is added in the amount of 125-150 g..
- The billet is covered with a lid, brought to a boil, after which the fire on the stove must be reduced to allow the contents to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Willingness to check is very easy – tomatoes make juice, and become very soft.
- The mass frays after cooling through a sieve.
- On a small fire, boil down for a while, until its volume is 5 times smaller than the original. In order not to burn pasta, it is important to stir.
- Salt (to taste) and sugar are added at the very end. It is important to adjust the taste, constantly tasting pasta. As soon as it is brought to the required taste, it is necessary to add vinegar, mix well, and then pour into sterilized jars, which are immediately rolled up with lids..
After that, they turn upside down, and until completely cooled they hide under a warm blanket, and then go to the cellar or the storeroom..
Cooked pasta can be opened at any time as needed..
Video recording of cooking traditional tomato for the winter:
Cooking method in a slow cooker
With the advent of the multi-cooker, any dish can be cooked with minimal time and effort, since this device is a hybrid of a double boiler, a breadmaker, a pressure cooker and a conventional pan.
Not an exception is tomato paste, which the housewives at home prescription prepared for long-term storage.
The following ingredients are required for production:
- tomatoes – 1.5-2 kg;
- vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons;
- salt – 1 tablespoon;
- 70 percent vinegar – 2 teaspoons;
- sugar – tablespoon.
Tomatoes are washed and peeled..
Removed all flaws.
Then they should be grated using an ordinary grater, or scrolled in a blender.
You can not remove the bones – it is a matter of taste.
Using watery tomatoes, you can avoid adding water.
Sugar is poured into the prepared mass, and then salt, after which it must be thoroughly mixed..
After you need to pour in the billet vinegar and oil.
If you wish, you can add some spices, such as ground pepper.
The future paste is thoroughly mixed again..
The mixture is placed in a slow cooker, which is switched on for 1 hour in the “quenching” mode.
After 1 hour the billet can be rolled up.
This is done in the same way as when cooking according to the classic recipe..
Spicy tomato paste in the oven
Not every hostess has a slow cooker..
However, in the oven you can cook at least a tasty option, so even with the use of spices.
For this we need:
- tomatoes – about 4 kg;
- salt – about 4 tablespoons;
- ground black pepper – a teaspoon;
- ground coriander – a teaspoon;
- cinnamon – a teaspoon;
- Clove blossoms – about 10 pieces;
- greens – to taste bunches of celery, dill, basil and parsley.
Tomatoes are washed and spoiled places are removed..
They must be placed in a large sieve placed above a pan of appropriate size with boiling water..
The mixture is boiled for 10 minutes..
It is advisable to divide the tomatoes into several batches so that they better boil over the steam.
The softened tomatoes are wiped through a sieve, and the mixture mixed with salt is poured into a pan with high sides, and is sent to an oven preheated to 200 degrees..
The paste will be prepared for about 2 hours, and all this time it needs to be stirred periodically, paying attention to the density.
Spices are added after the required consistency is reached..
Herbs are also sent to the mass at the same time..
The mixture is prepared for another 30 minutes, after which the greens, which have given off their beneficial properties and taste, are removed..
The billet is bottled in sterilized jars that roll up..
They are covered with blankets and turned upside down..
They are stored until complete cooling (preferably during the day).
So you have become familiar with popular cooking methods, and now take a little time and look at the universal recipe “5 in one”:
Secrets of cooking and storage of homemade pasta from tomatoes
If you follow the following rules of cooking, pasta will get much tastier than the purchase option:
- if you use watery tomatoes, you can not add water;
- all spices are sent to the mass only after boiling;
- all greens before adding need to be bundled in a bundle (this will facilitate its removal from the almost finished billet);
- so that the mixture does not stick while cooking, it is important to stir it;
- salt is always added depending on personal taste.
The main condition is absolute tightness..
Otherwise, trapped air will cause the lid to swell up and the winter billet will become unusable..
Some more tips in the video story below: