One of the most famous dishes of Italian cuisine that have won deserved love among the inhabitants of the whole world is lasagna.
It is not difficult to make her, no special skills are required for this, blessing, there are many recipes, any hostess will be able to choose the one that she likes the most..
In addition, it is not necessary to cook it in the oven, you can use for this purpose a wonderful kitchen appliance, designed to facilitate our lives..
You probably understood what was going on, of course, about the slow cooker.
But first, let’s see what lasagna is..
And at first it was simple bread.
At present, the recipe for cooking has undergone significant changes, originally it was a common flatbread made from wheat flour, baked by the Greeks, it was called laganon.
Subsequently, the Romans borrowed the recipe and changed it somewhat..
They began to cut bread into long strips and gave this dish the name lagani.
This is one version of the origin of lasagna.
Lasagna, as we used to see it, is a few layers of dried dough, between which there is a different filling.
It can be anything from meat to vegetables..
Essential ingredient is cheese.
You can make it from special plates, which are sold in almost all stores, or you can use ordinary pita bread, while experienced cooks recognize only their own dough, sticking to the opinion that there is no need to spend money on the purchase of semi-finished products.
Homemade dough or pita bread – you decide
If you want to cook lasagna in a slow cooker, then note that the portion will be smaller than in the oven, but you can be sure that everything is baked evenly and will not dry out.
This is a very important point..
Consider one of the most common ways of cooking the famous Italian dish – a lasagna recipe in a slow cooker with a photo.
We need to make a dough, two kinds of sauce (meat and cheese) and a mixture to decorate the top of the lasagna.
Ingredients for the dough:
- wheat flour – 500 grams;
- chicken eggs – 5 pieces;
- oil – 4-5 tbsp. l (You can take a deodorized vegetable, but it is better to use olive traditionally);
- salt – a quarter of Art. l.
Ingredients for meat sauce:
- minced meat – 500-600 grams (the best option would be pork and beef in equal proportions, but in the absence of expensive pork, you can be content with chicken);
- onions, carrots, bell peppers – one by one;
- salt, spices, herbs – to taste;
- oil (for roasting) – 2-3 tbsp. spoons.
For cheese sauce will need such products:
- cheese (use hard varieties, for example, “Dutch”, Russian ”) – 300 grams;
- cream – 300 grams;
- salt – to taste (but do not get carried away, the saltier the cheese, the less salt you need to put in the sauce, so as not to spoil the taste).
And finally, the top of lasagna, for which such ingredients are needed:
- cheese – 100 g;
- Tomatoes (choose a variety more succinct) – 3-4 pieces;
- oil (needed for lubrication) – 5-10 g;
- salt – to taste.
Step-by-step recipe for cooking lasagna in a slow cooker:
- We start mixing the dough. First you need to sift the flour. This is done in order to saturate it with oxygen. Flour acquires uniformity, kneaded better, and the dough, respectively, more elastic and fluffy.
- Then make a well in the flour, put eggs there, butter and knead. This is not a very simple task, as the dough should be very tight. Roll the dough into a bun, wrap in plastic wrap or just cover with a towel and set aside.
- Now it’s the turn of meat sauce. Finely chop the vegetables, put them in a bowl of maltvarki, pre-oiled, pass 5 minutes.
- Five minutes later put the same stuffing.
- 5 minutes before the end of roasting add tomato paste. For the process of making sauce, the programs “Baking” or “Frying” are usually used (in this case, the cover of the multvark should be opened). Cooking time – 20 minutes.
- Cheese sauce is prepared even easier – grate cheese, pour cream, if necessary, salt it.
- Roll out the dough as thin as possible, cut into plates. If purchased sheets of lasagna are used, then they need to be boiled, following the instructions.
- Lubricate the bottom of the multicooker with oil. Next lay in layers: plate, meat sauce, cheese sauce.
- And so several times, the top layer should be their dough, on top of it is covered with chopped tomatoes, sprinkled with cheese and spices. It remains only to select the mode and turn on the slow cooker.
If you do not burn with the desire to mess around with kneading dough, and for some reason there is no ready-made lasagna in the store, you can get out of the situation using ordinary lavash as plates, it certainly is on sale.
Then you will get a great lasagna from pita in a slow cooker.
The sauce can be prepared the same as in the classic version, you can experiment by adding various ingredients to it, for example, mushrooms.
Pita is cut into 6 pieces.
The first gently fits into a greased bowl, and then – layers, the last layer should be a plate of pita.
The same recipe is shown in the video..
We offer you to view it so that you can clearly study the technology of preparation and avoid mistakes in the future:
Features cooking in Multicookings Redmond and Polaris
The most common firms specializing in the production of multi-cookers are Redmond and Polaris..
Cooking lasagna with minced meat in multi-cookers differs from different manufacturers, but not significantly.
So, lasagna in the Redmond multicooker is prepared like this: select the “Baking” mode and turn it on for 50 minutes.
If you use Polaris, the mode is the same, but it’s better to increase the time to 60 minutes..
Mode “Quenching” for lasagna in a multicooker Polaris is selected in case you want to get a juicy dish.
The cooking time in this case will almost double, it will be 1 hour 40 minutes.
If you use shopping lists, carefully read the instructions..
The fact is that some sheets are boiled, while others are just soaked..
Lasagna will look beautiful and, most importantly, will not fall apart if the plates are laid crosswise: one layer along, the other across.
The dish will be much tastier if you use more than one sort of cheese, but several, and with different hardness.
To prevent it from burning, it is recommended not only to oil the bottom of the bowl, but to pour a little sauce into it.
So, the lasagna is cooked..
Now the question is – how to get it out of the bowl?
You need to get very carefully, pulling the tips so that the fragile design does not fall apart in your hand.
If you prefer to eat lasagna in a cold form, then you need to wait for complete cooling and cut the “layer cake”, you just need to do it as carefully as possible, and take it out with a spatula.
As you can see, you can cook a delicious and satisfying dish from sunny Italy in your own kitchen, the main thing is desire and a little imagination..
Delight your household with juicy lasagne.
Dare, and you will succeed!
And now for a change, we offer to see how to cook lasagna not in a slow cooker, but in the oven.
You can always cook this recipe in the slow cooker too, so don’t worry!