Not a single celebration is complete without the queen of the table – baked chicken. Especially attractive, it looks cooked in the oven exactly with a crispy crust.
Chicken dishes do not bother, guests are happy to taste a piece of tender, juicy meat.
|Chicken carcass –||1 PC.|
|Ginger root –||1 PC.|
|Garlic –||3 cloves|
|Spices: a mixture of peppers, turmeric, coriander –||taste|
|Mayonnaise or sour cream –||optional|
|Time for preparing: 180 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 186 Kcal|
Delicious chicken with fresh ginger, cooked according to this recipe, especially like gourmets who are concerned about their figure. Ginger root will give your friend a tart, spicy flavor, this dish will be the highlight of your holiday table.
Step-by-step recipe preparation with photo:
- At the beginning of cooking, preheat the oven to 180 degrees;
- Wash carcass thoroughly, peel off films, dry with paper towel;
- A small root of ginger to clean and chop, rubbed on a fine grater;
- In a separate container, mix the mixture of spices, salt, grated ginger, sour cream or mayonnaise (if used);
- Grate the chicken with the mixture and leave to marinate for 30 minutes, better for an hour;
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper or foil;
- Put the chicken in the form, bake at a temperature of 180 degrees for about 1.5 hours, pouring the juice formed during baking;
- Readiness is checked with a wooden skewer, if a clear juice is released – the meat has been completely cooked;
- Ready chicken give “rest” under the foil for 15 minutes. Served at the table.
Spicy chicken baked with potatoes and rosemary
This dish is fragrant, tasty and elementary in preparation and perfectly diversifies the usual everyday diet. Potatoes are well suited to the side dish.
If time is running out, you can successfully combine the preparation of the main course and side dish. Potatoes will absorb the marinade and the juice obtained during baking will be fragrant, crumbly. All you have to do is chop up a salad of seasonal vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers), a festive dinner is ready.
- Chicken carcass weighing up to 2 kg – 1 pc .;
- Rosemary – 5 sprigs;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- A mixture of peppers (black, white, red);
- Potatoes – 700 gr .;
- Sea salt – 1 tbsp. l .;
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l .;
- Honey – 1 tbsp. l .;
- French mustard – 1 tbsp. l.
Step by step preparation:
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly, peel and cut into small slices, 2-3 cm in size;
- Prepare marinade for meat: add French mustard, sea salt, rosemary to liquid honey;
- Rub the prepared carcass with the mixture, set marinate for 10-15 minutes;
- While the meat is pickled, we will prepare a marinade for potatoes, mix vegetable oil, chopped garlic, sea salt, a mixture of peppers;
- Cover the form with parchment paper or foil;
- Put sliced potatoes on the bottom of the form, sprinkle with garlic marinade;
- Place a chicken pickled in a honey-mustard mixture on a layer of potatoes;
- Bake about 2 hours at 180 degrees;
- Boil the remaining honey-mustard dressing until thick, cool, pour into a saucepan and serve to a dish..
Before serving, lay on the hot meat sprigs of rosemary.
We offer to take a look at the video instruction on how to prepare this hearty dish:
The most suitable marinades
Lovers of “sweet” meat will like marinade with honey and French mustard. To do this, add a tablespoon of liquid honey and a spoon of mustard to the mixture of spices. Fans of unusual combinations will appreciate the chicken baked in beer, the taste of the carcass will be rich with a wheaten smell.
If you like a citrus note in meat, you can use lemon or orange zest to make a chicken carcass. Especially successful is the garlic-lemon combination. Spice lovers will appreciate the combination of rosemary, thyme, sage.
Secrets of serving dishes on the table
In order for the bird to be the decoration of the festive table, you need not be lazy and create a worthy decoration for it. A carcass whole on a pillow of seasonal vegetables, lettuce, and greens is considered a classic..
If a whole chicken was stewed in a cream sauce, then it is better to disassemble it into portions in advance, before serving on the festive table. In this case, the pieces of meat spread on a dish, and watered on top of the resulting sauce. You can sprinkle with herbs or decorate with parsley on top.
Take a deep form for baking the carcass with vegetables, as the recipe indicates two marinades at once, and the chicken gives out juice when it is made. Keep in mind that the main dish was prepared at the same time as a side dish in the oven, so the dishes that you will put on the festive table should be beautiful.
If there is no time to mess around in the kitchen, cook the chicken in the sleeve for baking, pre-marinating it for the night. On the day of the celebration, all you have to do is to place the previously prepared sleeve on the baking sheet, put it in the preheated oven an hour and a half before the guests arrive. Fans of low-calorie dishes will especially appreciate this method of cooking, because the chicken is cooked in its own juice, not a drop of vegetable oil is used..
In addition to roasting, there are three more common ways to cook chicken meat. These are sautéing (stewing in a skillet), a stir fry (cooking shredded pieces of breast with vegetables) and frying in a grill pan.
Each of the above recipes is extremely simple, and dishes prepared from ordinary chicken in such a way will add a pleasant variety to your daily or holiday menu..
Let’s look at the video again how the whole chicken is baked: