Each housewife has her own, proven over the years, recipe for universal dough, from which you can make delicious homemade pastries.
Consider the most common recipe for yeast-free puff pastry in detail.
It can be successfully used both for the preparation of sweet desserts and for savory pastries with various types of toppings..
|wheat flour –||1 kg|
|ice water –||250 ml|
|butter or high quality margarine –||0.5 kg|
|salt –||1 teaspoon|
|Time for preparing: 300 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 472 Kcal|
This is the most common variant of quick cooking puff pastry without yeast for all kinds of baking – pies, puffs, pizza.
Step by step preparation of this quick recipe with a photo:
- Sift flour with salt;
- Pre-softened butter, mash with flour;
- Gradually add cold water;
- Knead the dough, wrap it with cling film and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours (preferably overnight).
All is ready!
Easy recipes for delicious pastries and sweet desserts
When the base is ready, this is where the recipes of fragrant pastry made from puff pastry-free dough come to the rescue, which we will gladly share with you, and you – with your guests. It turns out that everyone will be satisfied and satisfied. So, let’s begin!
Dessert pears in puff pastry
Exquisite dessert in the French style will perfectly decorate the holiday table, and spices and spices will give a special spicy touch to the usual taste of pears.
In addition, you can prepare it in advance and put it in the freezer; all you have to do is pick it up and wrap the prepared pears, they turn out to be soft and fragrant, with a slight honey flavor. Soft pear contrast with crispy pastry is just perfect..
Ingredients for dessert:
- 500 grams of pre-cooked yeast-free puff pastry;
- Kilogram of durum pears, optimally Duchess pear.
Ingredients for syrup:
- 1 liter of water;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 5 tablespoons flower honey;
- Vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
Phased preparation of pear dessert:
- Cleaned washed pears from the peel, tails are not cut;
- In a double bottom container, cook the sugar-honey syrup;
- In the boiled syrup, gently place the peeled pears and cook from the moment of boiling for about 20 minutes;
- Ready to remove the pears and shift to a dish to cool;
- Syrup continue to boil until thick;
- Unleavened puff pastry, prepared according to the above recipe, roll out a thin layer and cut into strips about 1 cm wide;
- Now we take a pear, put it on a plate (if it falls, cut the bottom for greater stability) and carefully wrap it in strips, starting from the bottom up;
- If the strip is over, take another, and connect the ends of the dough to each other;
- So we do it with all the pears and shift it onto a parchment-laid pan;
- Put a baking tray with pears in the oven at 180 degrees and bake until golden brown;
- Before serving, pour honey syrup to the bottom of the plate, put a pear in the center.
Serve with mint tea or light white wine..
Strudels are firmly entrenched in the restaurant menus and modern coffee shops. Typically, this dessert is usually served hot with a scoop of ice cream and a fresh sprig of mint..
Let’s try to make a popular dessert at home, using the basic recipe of the quick-cooked dough specified above..
List of required ingredients:
- 500 grams of ready puff yeast dough;
- 5-6 large sweet and sour apples;
- 100 grams of raisins;
- 50 grams of sugar or powder;
- Butter – 75 grams;
- Egg – 1 pc.
Step by step preparation:
- For the filling, chop the nuts in a blender;
- Wash the raisins and fill with boiling water;
- Apples are peeled and diced;
- Put the butter on the preheated pan, then the apples and stew all 3-4 minutes;
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular layer one cm thick;
- Spread stewed apples, raisins and chopped nuts on a rolled cake in a uniform layer, sprinkle with sugar or powder;
- Fold the layer with the filling into a roll, pinch the edges so that the filling does not flow out during the cooking process;
- We grease the future strudel with a beaten egg (it is convenient to use a silicone brush for this);
- We bake 20-25 minutes at a temperature of 175 C;
- Remove the finished strudel from the oven, cut into portions and serve to the table in a warm form, if desired, you can put a ball of creamy ice cream or whipped cream..
We invite you to watch the video, which describes the recipe for making beautiful cakes. Now to the question what to make from puff pastry without yeast, you already know the answer!
Mini pizza with salami
Especially popular in recent times are all kinds of a la carte snacks, among which are leading mini pizza format. Such mini pizzas can be served at a party, it is convenient to eat them, besides, they look very festively on the festively covered table.
Hot sauce lovers can use chilli ketchup, olives will give baking a savory taste, and basil – a spicy flavor.
For the preparation we need the following components:
- Pre-cooked and well-cooled puff pastry without yeast;
- Tomato sauce or ketchup – 3-4 tbsp. spoons;
- Tomatoes for decoration – 1 pc .;
- Salami – 150 grams;
- Sweet pepper – 1 pc .;
- Pitted olives or olives – 1 can;
- Dutch type hard cheese – 200 grams;
- Greens (basil or dried Provencal herbs) – optional.
We start to prepare in stages:
- To begin with, we will get the ready puff yeast dough out of the refrigerator and roll it into a thin layer 1-1.5 cm thick;
- Then you need to cut the dough into small squares, approximately 10×10 cm;
- Each received square is generously greased with tomato sauce or ketchup;
- Bulgarian pepper cut into thin strips and spread on ketchup;
- On top of a dense layer lay circles thinly sliced salami sausage;
- Grate the Dutch cheese and sprinkle over the sausage;
- Olives (black olives look especially impressive) are cut into circles and laid out with the last layer;
- Put the pizzas on the prepared baking tray, trying not to touch them;
- We put our future pizzas in the oven and bake for 15 minutes at an average temperature;
- We get the received mini-pizzas, put them on a dish for serving and sprinkle with finely chopped basil or dry Provencal herbs..
Serve to the table immediately, with piping, with heat!
Triangles with strawberries and ricotta cheese
The second version of the name of this delicious dessert – “Guests on the threshold”, as preparing such sweet triangles is extremely simple, and the result is simply amazing. Fragrant strawberries combined with delicate ricotta gives delicious taste..
- 0.5 kg of the finished puff pastry (without yeast);
- 100 grams of ricotta or cream cheese;
- 50 gr. Sahara;
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch;
- 200 grams of strawberries (you can use a frozen mixture of berries);
- 1 egg for lubricating puffs;
- White chocolate bar for decoration (optional).
Preparing as follows:
- Roll out the dough and cut into 10×10 cm squares;
- We grease them with cottage cheese;
- Put 2-3 strawberries in the center of each square;
- Sprinkle the berries with starch (so that the filling does not flow out) and sugar to taste;
- We pinch the edges in the shape of a triangle;
- Lubricate the puffs with a beaten egg;
- Sent to preheated oven for 20 minutes;
- Let us cool our puffs and pour over white chocolate melted in a microwave.
Puffs are ready, call everyone to the table.!
Useful tips for inexperienced hostesses
- Do not be lazy to sift the flour before kneading, it will be enriched with oxygen and the dough will be especially light and airy;
- Always stick the dough, this will provide the desired consistency and taste of the finished product;
- The water for making puff pastry must be ice-cold; to do this, add a couple of ice cubes to a glass of water;
- Use high-quality butter or margarine high fat, so the base will be more magnificent;
- The finished dough must be kept in the fridge for a couple of hours, and best of all, place it in a freezer overnight.
We recommend all hostesses to keep a small stock of puff yeastless dough in the freezer. You will be fully prepared when meeting unplanned guests and will be able to please everyone with delicious pastry baking..
Finally, your attention is another simple recipe for wonderful roses with sausage. They will like both adults and children. We look: