If you wish to cook an unusual and tasty dish that will surprise and please many, the chicken in Armenian will be an excellent choice. The dish is very similar to the usual chicken baked in the oven, but it is distinguished by its special aroma and taste, which is inherent only in Caucasian cuisine..
|chicken thighs without ridge –||6 pieces.|
|large Armenian pita bread –||2 pcs.|
|sour cream 20% fat –||100 ml|
|Bulgarian pepper –||1 PC.|
|garlic –||3 teeth|
|butter –||60 g|
|cilantro –||10 g|
|minced pepper –||1/3 tsp.|
|Time for preparing: 80 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 217 Kcal|
This recipe has a peculiar originality, and at the same time, simplicity.
Technology cooking unusual dishes:
- The first step is to prepare the marinade. To do this, you need to clear the Bulgarian pepper from the seeds, split into large pieces and chop in a blender, then add to it pre-peeled garlic and beat until a homogeneous pulp mass.
- Add salt and black pepper to this mass. Also, the marinade will require 40 grams of soft butter and sour cream. Stir thoroughly until smooth..
- Now it’s the chicken thigh line. They need to be very well washed and then dried using a special paper towel..
- Remove from each hip bone for ease of preparation and subsequent eating. Now each piece of pulp must be plentifully lubricated with prepared marinade. Put in a container, which then needs to be well closed with cling film and sent to the refrigerator for pickling for 2 hours.
- Grease the prepared baking pan with butter. Prepared Armenian lavash divided into 4 parts of the same size, which will correspond to the shape parameters. Each of the sheets should be greased with the remaining butter. Put these sheets on the bottom of the form.
- Place the already marinated meat on the pita bread, which must be poured on top of the remaining marinade. It is important that there is no free space between pieces of meat..
- The protruding edge of the pita should be moistened with ordinary water to avoid burning..
- Send the form with the contents to an oven preheated to 180 ° C. The average baking time should be about 50 minutes..
Recipe for multicooker
Thanks to the spices and apples present in the dish, its aroma is incredibly attractive with sweet-spicy notes. In order to prepare it, you need:
- 0.6 kg chicken drumsticks;
- 2 sweet and sour apples;
- 4 large potatoes;
- 1 medium sized carrot;
- refined vegetable oil – 40 ml;
- turmeric – ½ tsp;
- purified water – 150 ml.
Cooking time – 80 minutes.
Calories – 108 kcal.
Learn how to cook Indian curry chicken.
Prefer Italian food? Then see the recipe for chicken in Italian.
Mexican chicken recipe can be found here..
Phased cooking of aromatic meat in a slow cooker:
- Peel potatoes and carrots and rinse well.
- Prepared meat should be thoroughly washed in cold water and dried well using special paper towels..
- Pour the refined vegetable oil into the multi-cooker bowl, set the “Frying” function on the device, and after heating, put the prepared drumsticks into the bowl. Close the lid and leave for 10 minutes, then turn the meat over and leave it under the closed lid for another 10 minutes..
- During this time, cut the potatoes into larger pieces, grate carrots on a coarse grater, and divide the apples into slices.
- Add the prepared apples and carrots to the meat. Close the lid and leave for another 10 minutes..
- Then add the necessary spices to the meat and mix.
- Also, put sliced potatoes in a bowl, pour purified water and leave the mixture to cook for 45 minutes in the “Quenching” mode with the lid closed.
- After this time, do not touch the dish for another 20 minutes in the “Heating” mode.
Armenian salad with chicken and nuts
In order to prepare such a salad, you will need the following products:
- chicken fillet – 0.4 kg;
- peeled walnuts – 0.15 kg;
- fresh cilantro – 1 small bunch;
- fresh parsley – 1 small bunch;
- 4 garlic cloves;
- allspice, salt, mayonnaise – the quantity is determined by taste.
Cooking time – 40 minutes.
Calorie – 211 kcal.
How to cook Armenian salad:
- In water with added salt, allspice and several branches of parsley and cilantro boil chicken fillet to readiness.
- Cool meat without taking out broth.
- After cooling the fillet cut into small cubes.
- Rinse the remaining greens, dry and chop with a knife..
- Prepared walnuts dry a little in a dry frying pan, and then grind with a blender.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- All prepared components are combined in a common container, add 1/3 tsp. allspice and salt, mayonnaise and mix well.
- For serving, you can use a traditional salad bowl, and you can wrap the finished snack in a roll, which, after cooling, cut into portions.
- Basically, all Armenian salads are served to the table with the addition of bulgur – crushed wheat, which makes them more nutritious and rich..
- The main role in the Armenian cuisine is played by spices, which need to abundantly season any dish..
The video shows in detail how to make chicken in pita bread:
The chicken in Armenian can be prepared in various ways. The most interesting cooking option is done in the oven. But the meat is pre-marinated in a fragrant marinade, and after that it is laid on a substrate of Armenian roll. To simplify the cooking process used the famous kitchen assistant – slow cooker. Not only chicken is used here, but potatoes with apples, where the latter give the dish a spicy aroma and unusual taste. Armenian salad is also different from traditional dishes due to the addition of copious amounts of spices..